Quantcast Link ticket to old Magic Band?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Link ticket to old Magic Band?

I just purchased our theme park tickets online and received a confirmation e-mail. It has a barcode with numbers/letters. Is there someplace I go to link that number to our Magic Bands? Also, there are 2 of us, but 1 barcode...
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can link them on My Disney Experience. There is a place to put the code for the tickets and link to existing magic bands

4. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a small note - depending on how old the magic bands are - the battery that powers the RFID chip will die eventually. You certainly can link the band - but if you have issues getting it to work, it may be time to replace.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Just a small note - depending on how old the magic bands are - the battery that powers the RFID chip will die eventually. You certainly can link the band - but if you have issues getting it to work, it may be time to replace.
    Ok, so I believe the magic bands we have are from either summer of 2018 or summer of 2019. Having a hard time figuring out how to link to begin with. But, IF they are too old, how do we get into the park? Just show the barcode on the e-mail I received after I purchased the park tickets?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by We LOVE Disney View Post
    Ok, so I believe the magic bands we have are from either summer of 2018 or summer of 2019. Having a hard time figuring out how to link to begin with. But, IF they are too old, how do we get into the park? Just show the barcode on the e-mail I received after I purchased the park tickets?
    If the batteries in the MagicBand die, they still work for things where you can physically touch the MagicBand to the sensor. So, for park entry and purchasing at shops. What the batteries power is the ability for remote sensing. For example, how the ride cameras know how to take the photo at the right time to capture you and automatically put that image in your Memory Maker account.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are ticket counters outside the gates of every park. You should go there if your band does not work....They should be able to give you a 'hard ticket' or sell you a new MagicBand.

To 'link' existing bands, you need to go into your MDE (My Disney Experience) app on either your smartphone or online to see what bands are "Active" under "My MagicBands and Cards"

"Active" MagicBands will have a tab to "Deactivate" or "Report Lost";
    Inactive bands will have tabs to "Activate" or "Report Lost"

Once your tickets are entered into the site, they will immediately be available through any "Active" MagicBands in your name on your account.

To enter your ticket information, go to "My Plans" on the MDE site and under the "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets" section, go to the right side where you have an option to "Add More Plans"

Under the dropdown list, there is an option to "Link Reservations and Purchases" Select that option, then the "Add Tickets" button. There you will be able to enter the 'code' (ID Number) on your ticket purchase receipt.

This is from the online site, it may differ on smartphones.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    There are ticket counters outside the gates of every park. You should go there if your band does not work....They should be able to give you a 'hard ticket' or sell you a new MagicBand.

To 'link' existing bands, you need to go into your MDE (My Disney Experience) app on either your smartphone or online to see what bands are "Active" under "My MagicBands and Cards"

"Active" MagicBands will have a tab to "Deactivate" or "Report Lost";
    Inactive bands will have tabs to "Activate" or "Report Lost"

Once your tickets are entered into the site, they will immediately be available through any "Active" MagicBands in your name on your account.

To enter your ticket information, go to "My Plans" on the MDE site and under the "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets" section, go to the right side where you have an option to "Add More Plans"

Under the dropdown list, there is an option to "Link Reservations and Purchases" Select that option, then the "Add Tickets" button. There you will be able to enter the 'code' (ID Number) on your ticket purchase receipt.

This is from the online site, it may differ on smartphones.
    THANK YOU!!!! I did all of the steps but the only ID "ticket" number I have is on a barcode I received via e-mail after I purchased the park tickets. My Disney Experience shows that I have tickets but said the magic band number I enter isn't correct BTW it is an active magic band.

I am on hold (for apparently 50 minutes!!!) with WDW right now to hopefully get some help!

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Disney was able to help you
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Hopefully Disney was able to help you
    They were 😊 We shall see when we get there in October though 😁

13. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I would post for anyone that finds this thread in the future. Technically speaking, you do not link the tickets to a magic band. You link or register your magic band in you My Disney Experience account either online or through the app on your phone. If you buy tickets directly from disney through your MDE account, the tickets will show up in your account. Any and all magic bands you have registered to your account that are showing up as active can be used. They can be used interchangeably without doing anything. You can wear different ones each day of your visit if you like and they will all work.

As has been mentioned, the battery inside the band is only for the longer range RFID for tracking purposes while you are in the parks. The actual part that does tickets and purchases is energized by inductance (inductive charging) similar to the inductive charging pads for cell phones. That is why you have to touch the magic bands to the scanners for them to work.

We have the various colors and some of the custom magic bands and have used them interchangeably with no problems the past few years. The only problems I have had is I have had multiple tickets at times and they didn't prioritize them correctly so it used days off the wrong tickets at times. There is no way to prioritize tickets yourself or see how they are prioritized unless they have added that functionality recently. So that has been a lot of fun getting straightened out a couple of times. I actually had a manager with a bit of a smart mouth tell me it was my responsibility to ensure my tickets are prioritized properly prior to using them. It infuriated me since I had been to guest services to make sure it was done and they are the ones that did it wrong and I had no way to see it. I let him have it a little before I left. I still get irritated about it. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Just thought I would post for anyone that finds this thread in the future. Technically speaking, you do not link the tickets to a magic band. You link or register your magic band in you My Disney Experience account either online or through the app on your phone. If you buy tickets directly from disney through your MDE account, the tickets will show up in your account. Any and all magic bands you have registered to your account that are showing up as active can be used. They can be used interchangeably without doing anything. You can wear different ones each day of your visit if you like and they will all work.

As has been mentioned, the battery inside the band is only for the longer range RFID for tracking purposes while you are in the parks. The actual part that does tickets and purchases is energized by inductance (inductive charging) similar to the inductive charging pads for cell phones. That is why you have to touch the magic bands to the scanners for them to work.

We have the various colors and some of the custom magic bands and have used them interchangeably with no problems the past few years. The only problems I have had is I have had multiple tickets at times and they didn't prioritize them correctly so it used days off the wrong tickets at times. There is no way to prioritize tickets yourself or see how they are prioritized unless they have added that functionality recently. So that has been a lot of fun getting straightened out a couple of times. I actually had a manager with a bit of a smart mouth tell me it was my responsibility to ensure my tickets are prioritized properly prior to using them. It infuriated me since I had been to guest services to make sure it was done and they are the ones that did it wrong and I had no way to see it. I let him have it a little before I left. I still get irritated about it. lol
    What did he say after you straightened him out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    What did he say after you straightened him out?
    As you would expect he gave me the corporate trained response. He said "Have a nice day." With that said though, his face had turned red so he was either agitated or embarrassed. He probably did not even realize that guests had absolutely no access to even see the prioritization of tickets much less have the ability to change them. He was also young for a manager so he was probably still getting used to his new role and had not shaken the large and in charge mentality yet. His lesson for that day was if you are going to smart off to guests, make certain you know all the details so you don't stick your foot in your mouth. lol

17. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=1DisneyNut;2530877]Just thought I would post for anyone that finds this thread in the future. Technically speaking, you do not link the tickets to a magic band. You link or register your magic band in you My Disney Experience account either online or through the app on your phone. If you buy tickets directly from disney through your MDE account, the tickets will show up in your account. Any and all magic bands you have registered to your account that are showing up as active can be used. They can be used interchangeably without doing anything. You can wear different ones each day of your visit if you like and they will all work.

The strange thing I find about this is, when I called and told them my dilemma about wanting to link my tickets I just purchased with an old, active band, it took them almost an hour to "link" the tickets. If it's an automatic thing and they didn't need to actually be linked then why such a long phone call

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=We LOVE Disney;2530905]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post

The strange thing I find about this is, when I called and told them my dilemma about wanting to link my tickets I just purchased with an old, active band, it took them almost an hour to "link" the tickets. If it's an automatic thing and they didn't need to actually be linked then why such a long phone call
    My guess is that you didn't buy the tickets online through MDE. I think he said it will only do that if you buy them through MDE.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Cinderelley;2530910]

My guess is that you didn't buy the tickets online through MDE. I think he said it will only do that if you buy them through MDE.
    I actually did...

But, it's all good. Seems like we are all set with the tickets/magic bands 😊