Quantcast Enough is Enough

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Enough is Enough

I first visited WDW in 1978 and for over a decade made multiple trips per year. However, I have not been to WDW since 2004. Mainly because I have objected to the maximization of profits while curtailing the visitor experience that has occurred through several leadership periods at the Disney Companies. With the corporate turn toward diminishing the guest experience to maximize profits, I felt that there were plenty of travel experiences that my family could have that would be authentic rather than created and we were ok with that.

Although I have not visited the company for 16 years, I have tried to keep up with what is going on by almost daily visits to Intercot. I have appreciated the environment that John has attempted to create here... one that was family friendly and helpful. In the past few years, though, I have seen daily engagement fall away to where only a few curmudgeons regularly comment and whoa be it to you if your comments are not in line with their way of thinking.

I was looking forward to suggestions from the Intercot family as my wife and I are returning to Orlando (offsite) in the fall of this year. However, after some recent interactions in another post, we will be seeking advice elsewhere. I'm done. I don't have the time or the energy to put up with the BS that some of you are willing to pile on.

John, I've been around since the early 2000's and I have enjoyed the run up until now. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna be slammed just because I suggest a change back to an original form of an attraction.

All the best.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne:

First of all - I read the thread you probably are talking about - and while people have strong opinions - I don't think anyone got seriously out of order.

In fact this morning - I supported your ideas with my own post this morning before I saw this...

Hope you'll stick around.

JOHN
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Wayne,

Not sure if you'll come back to read this, but I too went over and looked at that thread, and I didn't think that anyone got out of order. Believe me, I've been called out and thoroughly flamed on this forum (although it's been years), so I know what it looks like. It's not fun. I'd ask you to take a deep breath, go back and reread it as neutrally as you can, and I hope you see that it's not as bad as you previously thought.

Also, I would ask you to stay, for some of the reasons you mentioned in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I have appreciated the environment that John has attempted to create here... one that was family friendly and helpful. In the past few years, though, I have seen daily engagement fall away to where only a few curmudgeons regularly comment and whoa be it to you if your comments are not in line with their way of thinking.
    The daily engagement has definitely dropped off. Not sure why that is, because I've been to a ton of other Disney message boards, and this is the one I keep coming back to because of the overall tenor of discussions. I like the setup, I like the citizens, and it's been a lot of fun for a long time. To keep this community together, we need people like you to continue contributing.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

5. Likes Jeff, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks AZ.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

From another Old-timer,
    Wayne, like you I have been around for over twenty years. We have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. But through it all, we have found that common ground, our love for Disney and INTERCOT. We have made friendships with people we have never seen, that will last a lifetime. We have seen each others children grow into adults and take their own children to Disneyworld. We have lost some of our friends to the Great Disneyworld in the sky. And we are all passionate about our beliefs in what should and should not be done with our favorite attractions. Simply put, we are fanatics!

But I do not think there is a better place to share thoughts, ideas, and suggestions. In these uncertain times, we need to pull together, not break apart. Things will get better, more people will come back home to INTERCOT and we will move forward to the next step; whatever that is.

Hang in there; we need people like you to tell the stories of how INTERCOT began, what it is now, how special it is and our hope for the future.

THINK POSITIVE!
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

8. Thanks John thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm coming into this a little late, so hopefully it has been resolved. If not, I'd just like to offer up that sometimes things on the internet come across differently than they were intended to come across. It is hard to decipher nuances or see how different wording can impact someone.
    Sometimes people will just never click. There are bound to be some people you don't get along with in life, but try not to throw the baby out with the bath water. I've been on other Disney discussion boards. They get way worse than the administrators here on Intercot allow.
    And I'm not just trying to blow smoke up your behind. I have also run into a situation with Intercot. I attended an Intercot anniversary event in Disney World one year. At that time, I was physically unable to use stairs, so I came down the wheelchair ramp. When I got to the bottom, there were two ladies sitting near the end of the ramp. One of them verbally accosted me about how I couldn't be there. The other lady pointed out that I had an Intercot hat on, but the first one continued to say things that made me feel unwelcome. I was pretty reluctant to say or do anything on Intercot for a while after that. Eventually I realized that it was just one person of many on this discussion board, and the many good people outweighed the one. Even when I disagree with someone on here, I try to look at it from their point of view. While I may not agree with them, it helps me understand why their concerns and they are acting the way they are.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

10. Thanks John thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: