Quantcast Question about pins
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us
     

INTERCOT Ads
 

 
 

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Question about pins

    I started putting my pins into a pin board, but when I started running across my limited edition ones, I wondered if they are worth more if I leave them on the card they come on. Does anyone know?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anything still in the original packaging will be more valuable to a collector.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

  4. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 1997
    Location
    INTERCOT, SC
    Posts
    10,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Anything still in the original packaging will be more valuable to a collector.
    With pins - they easily come off - so couldn't you say pop the card in a small baggie with the name of the pin it goes to and display it till you decide to sell it and then put it back?

    I don't think most of them come in a plastic wrap or anything.

    I have tons of pins - really need to go thru and decide what to do with them. They've been in the closet and not out for more than 10 years probably.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

  6. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We made pin boards years ago by gluing cork to thin plywood and covering it with crushed velvet. Gave one to each chid. My wife keeps hers in those pin books you can get at the Pin Stations.

    Regarding keeping them on the card, yes, it would be worth more to a collector to have the card with it. But if you're not planning on getting rid of them, then who cares? Take them off of the card and enjoy the pin on your board!
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - May 2021 offsite

  8. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post

    Regarding keeping them on the card, yes, it would be worth more to a collector to have the card with it. But if you're not planning on getting rid of them, then who cares? Take them off of the card and enjoy the pin on your board!
    Actually, I was wondering if my kids could sell them when I die. Morbid I know, but the doctors have been telling me I am going to die for the last 10 years. lol
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Actually, I was wondering if my kids could sell them when I die. Morbid I know, but the doctors have been telling me I am going to die for the last 10 years. lol
    I'm probably going off-topic a bit here, but anything that is generally labeled as "collectible" really isn't ever going to be worth much. When you hear about old things that are now worth money because they're rare, it's usually something that was never planned to be a collectible. Especially when it's memorabilia or old toys. So, with the card or without the card, I don't think any Disney pins will ever be worth much more than what you paid for them. Just because you can go on eBay and see stuff being offered for outrageous sums doesn't mean that anyone is actually buying them for those amounts.

    Do you guys remember about ten years ago, the Disney Store put out a series of Disney Princess dolls that were limited edition? They were called Disney Princess Designer Collection, and they were in different styles/fashion. Each had a limited number made. Some were 1500, some were 2500. It was so limited that each store, worldwide, only had something like 20-50 of these dolls. My wife and daughter drove to another state to wait in line the day they came out. My wife managed to collect all ten, and has them on display on some shelves I made for her. She loves them, and that's great. But I don't think they'll be worth anything in 20-30 years. Because there are thousands of them, world wide. On eBay, you can find them, and people are trying to sell them for $100's each, or entire sets for between $1700-$2000. But no one ever BIDS on them. They're listed, but they're not selling.


    In other words, in my opinion, things that are labeled as "Limited Edition" or "Collectible" mean something to the original purchaser, but shouldn't be looked on as an investment.
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - May 2021 offsite

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't look at the ebay for sale list, look at the sold list, that will give an idea of value. Everything is not going to be worth thousand, but if you bought something at $5 and now it's worth $10 that's a good thing.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Don't look at the ebay for sale list, look at the sold list, that will give an idea of value. Everything is not going to be worth thousand, but if you bought something at $5 and now it's worth $10 that's a good thing.
    Well, I tried to go onto ebay and find the sold list, but I couldn't. I didn't see the Haunted Mansion birthday clock pin I was thinking of anyway.

    It made me smile to look at the Disney pins.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, I tried to go onto ebay and find the sold list, but I couldn't. I didn't see the Haunted Mansion birthday clock pin I was thinking of anyway.

    It made me smile to look at the Disney pins.
    After you do your search, you need to look along the left edge then scroll down to the "show only" heading, in there you just need to click on "sold". It's down a ways.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    After you do your search, you need to look along the left edge then scroll down to the "show only" heading, in there you just need to click on "sold". It's down a ways.
    Well, I still didn't find the clock pin. I guess either I'm the only one who liked it and bought it or everyone liked it so much that they aren't parting with it. I did see a Maleficent stretching room pin and a Stitch gargoyle pin that I'm going to have to go find to buy now. :P

    Thank you for teaching me how to look that up.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site