Quantcast Cancelling for October
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Cancelling for October

    This October marks our 25th wedding anniversary where we spent our honeymoon at CBR. We didn't make it back for our 5th anniversary after just being there in '99 for our first born's first trip, but for every five years since 2005 we've made time for a special visit back to Disney to celebrate the milestones. Sadly, for 2020 we are skipping this year's quinquennial celebration based on the challenges of COVID-19. It's not that we are concerned about catching COVID-19, it more that we are not willing to visit WDW with limitations. If we can't get full access to the Disney experience then it's just not worth it. Plus, we are not willing to walk around the property in masks when it can still be in the high 80s in October. Hopefully this mess will be behind us in 2021 and we'll put it back on the table for consideration.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We had our 25th in April, and had planned to celebrate it at Walt Disney World in May. Of course, our trip was canceled for us. We are now going in December, because we have DVC points that we'll lose. Pretty sure the heat won't be an issue with masks. We're really looking forward to it, even though it won't be the full experience. Looking forward to NOT having to plan Fast Passes, to not having large crowds, etc. It will be different, for sure. But we haven't been since 2017, and our son (23) hasn't been in over five years. He's really, really looking forward to just being there and soaking it all in.
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - Dec 2020 OKW, May 2021 offsite

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good Luck!
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    We had our 25th in April, and had planned to celebrate it at Walt Disney World in May. Of course, our trip was canceled for us. We are now going in December, because we have DVC points that we'll lose. Pretty sure the heat won't be an issue with masks. We're really looking forward to it, even though it won't be the full experience. Looking forward to NOT having to plan Fast Passes, to not having large crowds, etc. It will be different, for sure. But we haven't been since 2017, and our son (23) hasn't been in over five years. He's really, really looking forward to just being there and soaking it all in.
    Happy Anniversary and good luck with your trip! I was sad to see that MVMCP is cancelled for this year. Hopefully they don't cheap out on the decorations due to lack of labor this year. That's the best part of going to WDW in November and December. Enjoy!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just wanted to say Happy Anniversary to you guys. It takes a lot of work to make it 25 years.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  7. Likes baldburke liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Happy Anniversary and good luck with your trip! I was sad to see that MVMCP is cancelled for this year. Hopefully they don't cheap out on the decorations due to lack of labor this year. That's the best part of going to WDW in November and December. Enjoy!
    Thanks! And congrats to you guys on 25 years!

    Yeah, we haven't been during Christmas season in a looooong time. We usually go in the fall (Sept/Oct) or in the Spring around our anniversary. I'm really looking forward to seeing Christmas decorations, and also to be able to wear my Pluto Hockey Jersey! It's usually way too hot for a hockey jersey.
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - Dec 2020 OKW, May 2021 offsite

  9. Likes baldburke liked this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I just wanted to say Happy Anniversary to you guys. It takes a lot of work to make it 25 years.
    LOL, thanks! Yes, work and patience for sure.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

  11. Likes Cinderelley, texas211 liked this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    14,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Aw, sorry to hear about the trip cancellation, that's a shame. I can only imagine how many people have had to make similar decisions. Back when the pandemic hit, I was just starting WDW trip planning for a for a "milestone" birthday coming up in October and decided that I, too, would rather wait until things calmed down.

    Happy (upcoming) Anniversary, BTW! My husband and I are a David and Beth too and just celebrated our 30th anniversary in August.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations



    Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

  13. Likes baldburke liked this post
  14. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Happy Anniversary. i am still going next month. sister and nephew cancelled cause of masks and no fireworks, parades etc. but i am using DVC pts from last year and this year. I will still have a good time
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Aw, sorry to hear about the trip cancellation, that's a shame. I can only imagine how many people have had to make similar decisions. Back when the pandemic hit, I was just starting WDW trip planning for a for a "milestone" birthday coming up in October and decided that I, too, would rather wait until things calmed down.

    Happy (upcoming) Anniversary, BTW! My husband and I are a David and Beth too and just celebrated our 30th anniversary in August.
    Congrats to you, Beth & David, on 30 years!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

  16. Thanks MNNHFLTX thanked for this post
  17. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Happy Anniversary. i am still going next month. sister and nephew cancelled cause of masks and no fireworks, parades etc. but i am using DVC pts from last year and this year. I will still have a good time
    Awesome...it would be great to hear how your experiences go!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site