Quantcast RV sites full?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: RV sites full?

Post Thanks / Like

Default RV sites full?

DS1 and DDIL1 want to take his RV to Disney World at the end of January. The website shows no availability for RV spots. Are they closed due to Covid?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The campground re-opened back in June. I would not be surprised to learn they are fully booked in January. Since the onset of COVID, RV sales and rentals have increased dramatically. So, in addition to many long-time campers, a number of new folks have joined their ranks.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of any other RV sites in that area?

Post Thanks / Like

If you google "rv parks near Disney World", some options come up. I've not stayed at any of them so can't provide any first hand knowledge. Is their RV self-contained like a Class A or C? If so, will they be towing a car with them? If they have a 5th wheel, they will already have a vehicle available to use? If they will be camping away from Fort Wilderness, they will need transportation to the parks.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    If you google "rv parks near Disney World", some options come up. I've not stayed at any of them so can't provide any first hand knowledge. Is their RV self-contained like a Class A or C? If so, will they be towing a car with them? If they have a 5th wheel, they will already have a vehicle available to use? If they will be camping away from Fort Wilderness, they will need transportation to the parks.
    He said it is a travel trailer. I don't know anything about them.
    He pulls it with his truck, so they will have a vehicle. Since they both work from "home", they can work from anywhere. They want to travel around the country for a while. I'll be in Disney at the end of January, so they were going to go down there and meet me.

Post Thanks / Like

Then, they'll definitely have transportation back and forth to the park. With some rigs, the vehicle is the RV and I certainly wouldn't want to be hooking and unhooking from sewer and electric on a daily basis to drive to the parks. They could keep checking back with Fort Wilderness to see if there are any cancellations and a spot opens up for them.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Then, they'll definitely have transportation back and forth to the park. With some rigs, the vehicle is the RV and I certainly wouldn't want to be hooking and unhooking from sewer and electric on a daily basis to drive to the parks. They could keep checking back with Fort Wilderness to see if there are any cancellations and a spot opens up for them.
    They decided to go in the Fall, hoping Food & Wine Festival would happen. Looks like it is all booked up then too. I'll definitely keep an eye out for an opening. Thanks for that tip.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: