Quantcast Just booked for December
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Just booked for December

    Looking at how they haven't traced any outbreaks back to Walt Disney World since it reopened, and the steps that the parks have taken to keep guests safe, we've decided to pull the trigger and we booked our DVC (Old Key West) for mid-December. We haven't been to Walt Disney World since 2017, and our oldest hasn't been since 2015. We're looking forward to a week together at Walt Disney World, even with COVID restrictions and changes in place. If we can get to ride Rise of the Resistance, it'll be worth it. Also, our oldest daughter turns 21 a few weeks before the trip, so we'll take everyone to a Signature restaurant. It occurred to me that we've never taken our kids to any Signature restaurants. We've always reserved those for special occasions for just my wife and I. So this will be nice.

    I'm actually looking forward to no Extra Magic Hours, no Park Hopping, and no Fast Passes (and only 25% capacity). The planning will be MUCH easier, and we won't feel as rushed. Plus, with a 1-bedroom villa at OKW, we can do many meals in our room, which will be nice (and save us money).

    Very excited to be going back to Walt Disney World!
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - Dec 2020 OKW, May 2021 offsite

  2. Thanks John thanked for this post
    Likes texas211 liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  4. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    40,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hope your enjoy your trip. Unless things change between now and December, many of the signature restaurants are not currently serving guests. You might want to check to see if your preferred restaurant will be accepting reservations for the date(s) you want.

    We recently did a few night stay at Old Key West in a one bedroom unit. We did not go into any of the parks during our stay. We either prepared meals in our room or did take out from the Old Key West quick service or from one of the restaurants in Disney Springs. Olivia's Cafe is open but we did not dine there. There was no boat service from Old Key West to Disney Springs though bus service was available (We opted to drive our own vehicle over to Disney Springs when we went there.) The cast member we spoke to stated they were hoping to start the boat service again within the next couple of months.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    faline@intercot.com

  5. #3
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Congrats, and I agree. I'm booked for the last week in October - nonDVC - and am looking forward to the slower pace and less-scheduled feeling. I'm good with COVID restrictions in the parks and resorts, and it does seem that they seem to be working. My only hesitation is getting there - airport/plane/airport...hoping that flights and airports aren't too full. Anyway, it's nice to get back to planning a trip and having something to look forward to!
    Eric
    DreamFinder2

    Pop Cent 10/20
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Unless things change between now and December, many of the signature restaurants are not currently serving guests. You might want to check to see if your preferred restaurant will be accepting reservations for the date(s) you want.
    Actually, it looks like most of the signature restaurants are indeed open. The Official Walt Disney World website lists which dining locations are open here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ex...ine/#locations

    We were hoping to eat at Morimoto Asia, which is listed as open. Also planning to hit some old favorites, like Sanaa, Raglan Road, and maybe one other.
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - Dec 2020 OKW, May 2021 offsite

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not having to deal with Fastpasses or park hopping is definitely a perk. I wouldn't read to much into no cases being traced back to WDW though. Most states contact tracing is almost non-existent if there is any at all. I don't know anybody that has had theirs traced back to the source. We weren't even contacted or questioned when we had it. Not that it would have mattered though, we are just living life about as normal as possible and had been so many places and in contact with so many people that by the time they extrapolated it all out, half the Southeast would have had to quarantine. lol

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Looking at how they haven't traced any outbreaks back to Walt Disney World since it reopened, and the steps that the parks have taken to keep guests safe, we've decided to pull the trigger and we booked our DVC (Old Key West) for mid-December. We haven't been to Walt Disney World since 2017, and our oldest hasn't been since 2015. We're looking forward to a week together at Walt Disney World, even with COVID restrictions and changes in place. If we can get to ride Rise of the Resistance, it'll be worth it. Also, our oldest daughter turns 21 a few weeks before the trip, so we'll take everyone to a Signature restaurant. It occurred to me that we've never taken our kids to any Signature restaurants. We've always reserved those for special occasions for just my wife and I. So this will be nice.

    I'm actually looking forward to no Extra Magic Hours, no Park Hopping, and no Fast Passes (and only 25% capacity). The planning will be MUCH easier, and we won't feel as rushed. Plus, with a 1-bedroom villa at OKW, we can do many meals in our room, which will be nice (and save us money).

    Very excited to be going back to Walt Disney World!

    Just make sure the covid tracing isn't what makes you think that its safe to go back. Across the country, contract tracing hasn't been that successful (most people don't respond), so, just keep that in mind.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamFinder2 View Post
    Congrats, and I agree. I'm booked for the last week in October - nonDVC - and am looking forward to the slower pace and less-scheduled feeling. I'm good with COVID restrictions in the parks and resorts, and it does seem that they seem to be working. My only hesitation is getting there - airport/plane/airport...hoping that flights and airports aren't too full. Anyway, it's nice to get back to planning a trip and having something to look forward to!
    My friend flew to her parents - tickets were not easy to get. I had to take almost a month, before it was not easy. Do not postpone booking tickets for a long time, then you may not be in time for the required dates.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site