Quantcast 60 day reservation window, will it stay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 day reservation window, will it stay?

Now that Disney has changed the reservation system, do you think the window for dining reservations will permanently be 60 days like it is at Disneyland?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Now that Disney has changed the reservation system, do you think the window for dining reservations will permanently be 60 days like it is at Disneyland?
    What does it matter? You'll know you'll be stuck 60 days out now? Course, with reduced everything right now, might be okay. Until they have a policy you have to wear a mask while you eat.. then.. I dunno
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe so because by now they know people aren't too fond of trying to guess where they are going to be and make dining reservations 6 months ahead of time. At least at 60 days out, you are thinking about it more and finalizing your plans but I still don't like even 60 days. My preference would be something like a hybrid plan where they allocate maybe 50 to 75% of the reservations to 60 days out and then the remaining to day of for people that are actually physically in that park.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when dining reservations were all over the map! There was a year when they kept changing, some were 90, some were 60 and I think a few were even 30! I remember having to call a zillion times to get it all booked.

So, all that being said, it must have helped Disney to have things booked so far in advance, although I'd think they could go down to 60 or 90 and still get the same forecasting from it.

I think 60 days makes more sense, and is far enough in advance, but it was kinda fun booking at 180 days as part of the count-down to the trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that I remember when, in Epcot at least, you no longer had to run to the kiosks under Spaceship Earth to make your dining reservations-if you were staying in a Disney hotel, you got the privilege of reserving up to THREE whole days in advance! We went to WDW in 1989 and 1992, I'm not sure in which year this happened.
    I hope they do stay at 60 days-I just don't want to plan that specifically 6 months out.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for restroom reservations.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I remember when dining reservations were all over the map! There was a year when they kept changing, some were 90, some were 60 and I think a few were even 30! I remember having to call a zillion times to get it all booked.

So, all that being said, it must have helped Disney to have things booked so far in advance, although I'd think they could go down to 60 or 90 and still get the same forecasting from it.

I think 60 days makes more sense, and is far enough in advance, but it was kinda fun booking at 180 days as part of the count-down to the trip.
    Right? It was a little additional step of excitement early on. There are probably people who don't even know where they are going 180 days from their vacation though.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I remember when, in Epcot at least, you no longer had to run to the kiosks under Spaceship Earth to make your dining reservations-if you were staying in a Disney hotel, you got the privilege of reserving up to THREE whole days in advance! We went to WDW in 1989 and 1992, I'm not sure in which year this happened.
    I hope they do stay at 60 days-I just don't want to plan that specifically 6 months out.
    Honestly, I thought it worked a whole lot better then when your max reservation window was no more than 3 days out. How can you be spontaneous when everything has to be planned 6 months in advance?
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

10. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this will be nonsense as for me. Plans can change 10 times in six months. Something else may happen that it will not work at all. And that, all plans down the drain, all reservations to cancel. And how the children will be upset!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice Callan View Post
    Well, this will be nonsense as for me. Plans can change 10 times in six months. Something else may happen that it will not work at all. And that, all plans down the drain, all reservations to cancel. And how the children will be upset!
    Yeah, and under normal circumstances, availability of fp and reservations change that frequently to, so you can always improve your lie so to speak.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I'm still waiting for restroom reservations.
    OK, that's funny. Sarcastic, but funny.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great question. I didn't realize that's how it is (always has been?) at Disneyland. I'd love to hear your thoughts on pros and cons.
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: