Quantcast Dream with me.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Dream with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dream with me.

Covid 19 is running rampant, so Disney, as a gesture of good will, is allowing one group of people to vacation free for 9 days. No one else is in the parks except your group. They can use your trip for advertisement purposes. Concierge contacts you to say you have been chosen and ask what you want them to set up for you. What would your dream trip look like? Where would you stay? What would be your must do's? Who would you take in your group? Where would you eat? Would you do any tours?

I would have a family reunion. Our accommodations would be savannah view rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge most of the stay. Each night, a different family group would get to stay in the Castle Suite. I would request a photopass photographer to be with us when we are in the parks.

Flying in on Saturday, we're whisked away from the aiport on our Magical Express bus, stopping for photos in front of the Disney World entrance arch. We would relax in our rooms while watching the animals for the afternoon and then head to Hoop Dee Doo for a rootin' tootin' good time.

Sunday, we would have to spend a good chunk of the day in Galaxy's Edge including a couple of rides on Star Tours for oldest DS. The rest of the day would be spent in Toy Story Land for the little ones with a quick stop at ToT and RnR for the adults. We would leave the park at dinner time, eat at Paddlefish, and spend the rest of the evening around the fire at Animal Kingdom Lodge listening to the cast members' tales.

Monday, we would have a morning Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment for the little girls. Then off to Akershush for breakfast with the princesses followed by a ride on Frozen Ever After. Of course we would learn about our Spaceship Earth, Soar around the world and build our own car and then test it on the track. After letting Figment show us how to use our imagination, we would wander from country to country, learning about other people along the way. We would listen to the Voices of Liberty, and Off Kilter would make a special guest appearance. Dinner would be at Marrakesh followed by a viewing of Illuminations.

We go on,
    To the joy and through the tears,
    We go on,
    To discover new frontiers,
    Moving on,
    With the current of the years,

Tuesday would be a rest day. After grabbing breakfast at Mara, we would eat on our balcony and watch the animals. After the in-room babysitters arrive, we would head to our spa appointments at Saratoga Springs. Dinner would be at Raglan Road followed by shopping at Disney Springs.

Wednesday is Magic Kingdom day! Breakfast at Crystal Palace is my must do place to eat. The morning is devoted to Fantasyland and the little kiddos - Mining with the dwarves, flying to neverland, finding out how small the world is, eating honey with Pooh bear, riding horses and helping Mickey save the orchestra. We would see all the princesses and Cinderella's fairy godmother while eating lunch in the castle. After lunch, it would be time to rest in our room in order to prepare for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the evening. The evening would be filled with sailing with pirates, running away from Brer Fox, riding with the Headless Horseman, riding the mine trains, visiting with little seen characters, trick or treating, special photo opportunities, visiting our ghost host, watching Hallowishes and singing Boo To You as we happily left the park.

Thursday starts off with a safari and then an Expedition to Mount Everest. We barely escaped the Yeti who was once again on the move. In order to make sure he didn't find us, we hopped a ride down the Kali River Rapids and then took a train to Conservation Station. We built up an appetite taking care of all of the animals, so lunch at Tusker House was on the radar. After eating, we would find out how tough it is to be a bug just to hear all the kids scream as the bugs ran out of the theater. Then we are off on a maharajah jungle trek and to see the gorillas at Gorilla Falls. A quick spin on Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur saves our dinosaur friends. Then we land on another planet. As evening falls on Pandora, the land lights up with many colors and we take a ride down the Na'vi River. After we have learned about this new land, we mount our banshee for our first flight. Sivako! After dinner at the Satu'li Canteen, we would see the Festival of the Lion King followed by one last flight on our banshee before heading out of the park.

Friday is another rest day. I would schedule a photo shoot with Disney Fine Art Photography for large group photos and individual family photos. For dinner, we would try the new character meal at Artist Point. Next stop would be to see Yehaa Bob. Then spend a few hours on the Boardwalk watching the street performers and singing along in Jellyrolls.

Saturday is another Magic Kingdom day. We would find our laughing place, pillage and plunder in the Caribbean and get caught on a runaway mine train. The grim grinning ghosts will come out to socialize. Our skipper would regale us with tales of the back side of water, and we would sing along with the tiki birds in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room. A dole whip will be in order to enjoy while we cross over to Tomorrowland. After the serious business of helping Buzz defeat Emperor Zurg, the monsters of Monstropolis will make us relax with a few laughs. After another daring trip through Space Mountain and a spin on the Carousel of Progress, we would find Chip and Dale and friends waiting to have dinner with us at Liberty Tree Tavern. After dinner, we would watch Wishes.

Wishes, dream a dream
    Wishes, set it free
    Wishes, trust your heart
    Just Believe

With a heavy heart, we'll wake up Sunday knowing that we have to head out. Before we do though, it's breakfast at 1900 Park Fare where the Mad Hatter and Alice are sure to put a smile on our faces. One last round of Mickey waffles prior to boarding the Magical Express back to the airport.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing like 10 fishing excursions at the WDW then. Staying at Dixie landings of course. Do some cane pole fishing too. Then yeah, camped out at Food and Wine, and die of cholesterol before covid gets me. Keep the scotch coming too.

Then, smoking a box of cigars overlooking the lagoon.. and dusk. Careful of gators, but, not too worried.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I'm doing like 10 fishing excursions at the WDW then. Staying at Dixie landings of course. Do some cane pole fishing too. Then yeah, camped out at Food and Wine, and die of cholesterol before covid gets me. Keep the scotch coming too.

Then, smoking a box of cigars overlooking the lagoon.. and dusk. Careful of gators, but, not too worried.
    What happens to the fish you catch? Do you release them? Does Disney pack them on ice for you and ship them? Do you just fire up the grill and eat them?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm staying at the Castle the first night just to shut Ian up.

Then I'm walking thru the haunted mansion with the lights on and exploring the utilidors.

Finally, I'm taking the stairs all the way to the top of Spaceship Earth and standing on top outside like Mickey did waving in that commercial years ago.

I might walk thru rise of the resistance too.

Then, I drive a monorail to my resort of choice - the polynesian - where I stay in the best room they have and watch a fireworks show for one sipping on some aged bourbon and puffing on a fine cigar.

Nice.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I think you'd probably need at least a couple nights to do that.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

In my dream trip, I might stay there the first night and then tell everyone I am staying there all the nights. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    What happens to the fish you catch? Do you release them? Does Disney pack them on ice for you and ship them? Do you just fire up the grill and eat them?
    No, all catch and release which is fine. I dunno I'd want to eat anything out of disney water.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite