Quantcast Splash Mountain Makeover - not happy - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Disney is expected to report earnings next week, Tuesday in fact. It will be interesting to see how COVID-19 has impacted their business.
    Six Flags revenue is down 96% this year. However, I don't know that Six Flags has another revenue stream than their parks, like Disney does. But Disney Parks are the most visited parks on earth, so it will be interesting to see what the revenue hit has been.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Six Flags revenue is down 96% this year. However, I don't know that Six Flags has another revenue stream than their parks, like Disney does. But Disney Parks are the most visited parks on earth, so it will be interesting to see what the revenue hit has been.
    Somewhere between ouch and boing.. Points if you know that reference.

Also, how come bald gets such a shorter response. I had to read 9 pages of some of yours j/k
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

4. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Disney is expected to report earnings next week, Tuesday in fact. It will be interesting to see how COVID-19 has impacted their business. Not just for the parks, but for travel and media as a whole. However, I'm with you. My guess is that with so many projects in progress (Ratatouille, Avengers and Tron to name a few, plus the front have of Epcot overall) and with them being cash depressed, the Splash Mountain re-theme maybe out a couple years. I'm sure they intend to follow through with the plan, but my thought is that its more of a PR move to keep them in good graces with the public.
    Oh good. I've been teasing my friend that he has gotten out of going on Splash Mountain on 3 different Disney trips now. There was no way I was going to let him get out of the 4th. Then this came along. :\
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

6. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Also, how come bald gets such a shorter response. I had to read 9 pages of some of yours j/k
    LOL. Because you pushed all the right buttons.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

8. Likes baldburke, texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    LOL. Because you pushed all the right buttons.
    Texas211 - the right button pusher. Your new name.

10. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Texas211 - the right button pusher. Your new name.
    You must be the left.

At this point, bulldoze splash mountain and rebuild 20000 Leagues Under the Sea..Though maybe put better ventilation.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

12. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    You must be the left.

14. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andypooh View Post
    I cannot believe Disney is going to completely change Splash Mountain. One of my absolute favorite rides in all the parks. I know they have their reasons but it seems like a huge overreaction to me. And I did not like The Princess and the Frog at all when I saw it. Certainly never once thought about race or stereotypes as we tried to save the rabbit from the wolf
    My two cents. *If* they have to change splash and the company seems determined to do so.....change Anaheim's to princess and the frog.....and WDW's to Moana. Why? Well New Orleans square is right next door and could be moved to include Splash theoretically. World's....all they need to do is extend the Adventureland boundaries to include splash, while leaving BTMRR still in a newly redistricted frontierland. Disney is already about to do a huge referb on the Poly making the rooms and resort moana themed. The cherry on top would be making Splash Moana themed...both from a marketing standpoint and a guest standpoint. It also helps the Moana Soundtrack was co-written by Lin-Manuel Miranda of Hamilton fame and we all know how successful hamilton was for Disney +. Lastly....Hawaii/Adventureland theming allows for having a "mountain"
    "I believe in Auburn and Love it"

"Space Shuttle, this is flight safety, please keep your hands and arms inside the car, and remain seated while in motion. You are clear for launch"

16. Likes MNNHFLTX liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: