Quantcast Bob Chapek: "..likely going to require is masks for both the casts and the guests..." - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I'm not sure how things work when someone from another country comes to the US, but I have just learned that ADA has said that people with a disability cannot be forced to wear a mask. I don't know if the ADA applies to you if you come to WDW or not though.
    Over here they are saying that anyone who has breathing difficulties such as asthma, COPD etc or anyone who cannot remove a mask on their own should not wear one as it could be potentially dangerous.
    We're not planning to return to WDW or indeed go anywhere that is more than an hour's drive from the transplant hospital until DH as had his transplant ( because you never know when that phone call will come ) and has the all clear from the doctors. A celebratory trip is planned but won't be until at least 2022.
    Of course if I develop symptoms I will not be going out either and will have to figure out a way to get food and meds.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merciantinkerbell View Post
    Over here they are saying that anyone who has breathing difficulties such as asthma, COPD etc or anyone who cannot remove a mask on their own should not wear one as it could be potentially dangerous.
    We're not planning to return to WDW or indeed go anywhere that is more than an hour's drive from the transplant hospital until DH as had his transplant ( because you never know when that phone call will come ) and has the all clear from the doctors. A celebratory trip is planned but won't be until at least 2022.
    Of course if I develop symptoms I will not be going out either and will have to figure out a way to get food and meds.
    You two do have to be very careful. If the call comes, you don't want him to be sick with anything and miss the opportunity.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Yeah, not wearing it to a park.

I don't even know my neighbors name. Plus, i question the use anyways, short of wearing the appropriate masks that you can either correctly clean/reuse or have disposable options. Which doesn't apply to man.
    You are so right. And wearing masks is so stupid. They are nothing but a collector for every germ one comes across. All of these enlightened people wearing masks are doing themselves more harm than good. They touch surface after surface then touch the mask- everyone, so don't claim you don't. Nd if you eat/drink, what do you with the mask? Dispose of it and put on a new one? Put on the same one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merciantinkerbell View Post
    Thank you, thank you and thank you
    Here is fault in your logic. If you want me to wear a mask to protect you, then its your problem, not mine. If you are high risk or just scared, stay home. YOU want to inconvenience others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    Here is fault in your logic. If you want me to wear a mask to protect you, then its your problem, not mine. If you are high risk or just scared, stay home. YOU want to inconvenience others.
    She wasn't the one saying that people HAVE to wear a mask. She was saying there are only recommended where she lives and that she can't wear one due to respiratory issues. Someone else stated "A very self-centered attitude. You are putting others at risk. If you don’t want to wear a mask, then stay home!"
    Last edited by MNNHFLTX; 05-24-2020 at 12:50 PM.

7. Thanks merciantinkerbell thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the glove people kill me. Like, what are you doing?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Disney submitted their reopening plan today, and masks are going to be required
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

10. Likes PopPhan, Dulcee, dnickels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you think you know more than the medical experts who say that wearing a mask helps cut down on the spread of this virus, I'd like to know what medical school you attended and what state gave you a license to practice. Masks are required in Mass. but NOT if you have a medical condition that would interfere in your breathing. Seems to be working here.

12. Likes PopPhan, dnickels, merciantinkerbell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About all I have to add is I had Covid 19. My entire family had it back in the very beginning in early March. It was a joke. My allergies are worse than that virus. I had every single one of the asymptomatic symptoms right down to the weird little rash. I haven't worn a mask yet and have no intentions of doing so. At this point no one is sure how long the anti-bodies last or if you are even likely to ever become ill at all from it again. I will take my chances. I can handle a couple of days of achy legs and a light cough for a week again if it happens. With all that said, we aren't in the high risk group so we shouldn't have to shelter in place and hide in our homes......life goes on.

Anyway, that is why I will not go to WDW if a mask in required. It is just nonsense and an inconvenience I am not willing to participate in. I am also in the camp that believes if you are in the high risk group or just scared to death because you watch CNN, don't go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's Cooperate and not stay home

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    That is a very self-centered attitude also. Some people can't wear the mask as mentioned previously. Don't throw rocks in glass houses. If you you have an issue with it, then you can stay home too.
    Visiting WDW has ALWAYS had a list of inconvenirnces anbd requirements. People have long said they would stay home if they had to book dining in advance etc.
    My adult son and I planned visits to WDW and each morning somebody in the family woul ask, "what's on for today?" and we'd say, "an EPCOT day that invcludes Akershus after Frozen Ever After ..."
    Noone ever said, "what if I ain't in the mood for...".
    When we walked 'across the bridge' tohave our Christmas Eve dinner at BOG everyone was in the mood.
    we put in some flexibility for changes like a all day rain at BB etc.
    Many of us remember packed busses after fireworks and I would sometimes say out loud, "we're all in this together".
    I'd like to be avoid the whole plan ahead and reserve eveything including the park entrance itself BUT I don't want to pout at home.

15. Likes PopPhan, dnickels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I will take my chances. I can handle a couple of days of achy legs and a light cough for a week again if it happens. With all that said, we aren't in the high risk group so we shouldn't have to shelter in place and hide in our homes......life goes on.
    So, right now the death rate worldwide, for those that have been diagnosed, is 6%. If someone put out a bowl with 100 M&M's in it and you were told 6 of them were deadly poison, would you eat an M&M?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    If you think you know more than the medical experts who say that wearing a mask helps cut down on the spread of this virus, I'd like to know what medical school you attended and what state gave you a license to practice. Masks are required in Mass. but NOT if you have a medical condition that would interfere in your breathing. Seems to be working here.
    So, where were you in the first couple of months of this virus when they said the opposite? The problem with the "experts" and you believing them is that they assume the masks will be worn correctly. Repeatedly touching other surfaces and touching the mask and/or using the same mask for prolonged periods of time is much more harmful than no mask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    So, right now the death rate worldwide, for those that have been diagnosed, is 6%. If someone put out a bowl with 100 M&M's in it and you were told 6 of them were deadly poison, would you eat an M&M?
    Where did you get that number?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    Where did you get that number?
    As of now there have been 5,900,527 cases worldwide and 361,764 deaths. That's a 6% death rate.
    Recovery rate worldwide is at 42%.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post

Not all medical experts say that wearing a mask helps cut down on the spread of the virus. A lot of it can depend on the type of mask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Visiting WDW has ALWAYS had a list of inconvenirnces anbd requirements. People have long said they would stay home if they had to book dining in advance etc.
    My adult son and I planned visits to WDW and each morning somebody in the family woul ask, "what's on for today?" and we'd say, "an EPCOT day that invcludes Akershus after Frozen Ever After ..."
    Noone ever said, "what if I ain't in the mood for...".
    When we walked 'across the bridge' tohave our Christmas Eve dinner at BOG everyone was in the mood.
    we put in some flexibility for changes like a all day rain at BB etc.
    Many of us remember packed busses after fireworks and I would sometimes say out loud, "we're all in this together".
    I'd like to be avoid the whole plan ahead and reserve eveything including the park entrance itself BUT I don't want to pout at home.
    I am not quite sure what that has to do with someone being self centered because they physically can't wear a mask. People who have disabilities have just as much right to do things they enjoy as people who do not have disabilities. Is wanting to breathe being self centered? I suppose you can view it that way, but in that case, it's ok to be self centered. The person who is afraid of someone not wearing a mask can stay home just as easily as someone who can't wear a mask. It is just as self centered for the mask wearer to make the disabled person stay home.

22. Likes merciantinkerbell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If someone put out a bowl of 100 M&Ms that had 6 M&Ms with deadly poison in it and told you that eating one would allow our economy not to crash and people other than covid 19 people would receive their needed medical care, would you eat it? I would. I realize that the world is bigger than me. I am expendable for the greater good. Also, if I live, I may have developed an immunity to the deadly poison, allowing others to be safer.

What if those M&Ms can appear anywhere? When the elderly receive much needed supplies at their house, an M&M could be mixed in with their food. What happens then? They might see the M&M and take it out. They may not. What if a lot of people had eaten the M&Ms? Sure, 6 of them may die, but the other 94 of them have developed a resistance to it. They could deliver those much needed supplies to the vulnerable people and if an M&M appears, they could eat it for them. 94 people delivering supplies to those elderly people might save more people than the 6 who died from the initial M&Ms.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, we want to play a statistical game do we? lol

Let's not make up silly hypothetical situations. Lets play with real numbers in real life scenarios.
    If I told you that almost 40,000 people die per year in car crashes and well over 100,000 are severely injured and hundreds of thousands are injured in some way, would you go out and get in your car and drive it? Chew on that for a moment.

By the way, the latest official mortality rate estimate from the CDC is 0.4%. Which is minuscule. I do not know or know of through friends or acquaintances anyone who has been hospitalized due to Covid 19. I know quite a few who have had it and it was like having a cold or allergies with body aches for a few days and on they went with their lives though.

25. Thanks RunDMV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay....Can we put this "Mask vs No Mask" argument to rest, please?

Disney says "Wear a mask"...If you cannot or will not comply, then don't go and don't complain. It is their company and their right to determine the rules for entry.

This constant bickering back and forth is NOT what I expect from my INTERCOT family.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

27. Thanks Wayne thanked for this post
    Likes dnickels, Cinderelley, Wayne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Oh, we want to play a statistical game do we? lol

Let's not make up silly hypothetical situations. Lets play with real numbers in real life scenarios.
    If I told you that almost 40,000 people die per year in car crashes and well over 100,000 are severely injured and hundreds of thousands are injured in some way, would you go out and get in your car and drive it? Chew on that for a moment.

By the way, the latest official mortality rate estimate from the CDC is 0.4%. Which is minuscule. I do not know or know of through friends or acquaintances anyone who has been hospitalized due to Covid 19. I know quite a few who have had it and it was like having a cold or allergies with body aches for a few days and on they went with their lives though.
    While this is true for most of the people who get it, there are a percentage who get very sick and a smaller percentage who die. I understand why people are concerned about them.

While I agree with you in most of your outlook on this, there are some people who will consider 1 person to be too many. When it is your loved one who is sick, the numbers don't matter. Bickering about the numbers won't change their mind.

29. Likes PopPhan, dnickels liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: