Quantcast ROTR - another question (sorry)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ROTR - another question (sorry)

Hi

Ok I guess I have more then 1 question:

1) I know you, and everyone with you that wants to ride, have to physically be IN the park in order to get a boarding pass. My question is, do you JUST need to be in the park or do you need to be in the park and NEAR the ride before trying to get a boarding pass?

2) What seems to be the best time to get in line to get into the park (6am, 6:30am...earlier)?

3) Has there been any talk about moving this to a fastpass system? We aren't going until July so I wasn't sure if the boarding pass system would be changing or not. Fastpass would be SO much less stressful!!!

Thanks
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as you are in the park at official park open you will be good to try for a boarding group. There is currently no talk of fast pass for ROTR

4. Likes We LOVE Disney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Once everyone in your party has entered through the 'tapstiles' you can refresh you MDE app and try for Boarding Passes. You MUST refresh after everyone has entered, it won't just come up as available once you enter.

2) There are no guarantees, but 30 minutes prior to 'official' opening seems to be working at this point. Since your trip is in July, that may or may not hold up. Summer season == more visitors.

3) There have been no announcements of adding this to the FP+ options any time soon. Even if it was, you would need to try to get them 60+10 out from your trip (if you are staying 'on property')

Just keep your eyes and ears open as things tend to change with little or no notice.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

6. Thanks We LOVE Disney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it’s worth I was There in January. I got there a half hour after the park opened. I did get a boarding pass, 134. I got my notice about 6 o’clock and went

8. Likes We LOVE Disney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wold plan on arriving 1 hr before opening and they are saying the best spot is just inside the entrance. I’d also be near a guest experience team member in case something goes awry
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

If several of us have the app on our phone is it worth more than one of us trying to load it at the same time? Or is that going to glitch the system as we are each trying to get a pass for the whole group?
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    If several of us have the app on our phone is it worth more than one of us trying to load it at the same time? Or is that going to glitch the system as we are each trying to get a pass for the whole group?
    Good question! I am wondering that too.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    A buddy of mine was down there about a month ago. First thing he said, the boarding passes were gone in 10 seconds and he was definitely not joking. I also recall him saying that he and his wife were on different carriers and they both were trying to get the boarding pass and she was never able to but he was. Since everyone is linked to the same account, if one person gets it first and books, I would assume that anyone else that tries to would get some kind of notice that a boarding pass is already assigned to them and it wouldn't let them book another.

I could be wrong, but I would think it would be more likely to help your odds of getting it vs hindering it.

13. Thanks Giggy thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: