Quantcast Crowds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Crowds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowds

I thought February was a slower time. I've been checking the app for wait times and it seems crowded now. Anyone there that can say how crowded it really is? Thinking of going end of Feb. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Parks have been very busy. We went to early extra magic hour at Magic Kingdom earlier this week. Just after 8 am, the line for 7 Dwarves was at 50 minutes. By time the park officially opened an hour later, most of the popular rides were anywhere from 40 - 110 minutes for standby. Presidents' week is coming up soon and that usually marks the beginning of the very busy spring break season. If current crowd levels are any indicator, I can only guess it will be even busier very soon.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Linda!!

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Think I read recently on a crowd calendar that February is one of the changing months - historically a quiet one but getting busier, not sure on the exact reasons why.

Have a great time in any case, even if it's a busy day I'm sure you can make the best of it with a bit of strategy.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    Think I read recently on a crowd calendar that February is one of the changing months - historically a quiet one but getting busier, not sure on the exact reasons why.
    It's The Star Wars stuff.

BWV & HH

7. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney's demand-based pricing has done such a good job of pushing budget-minded consumers away from the peak demand times that there is legitimately no more slow times at the parks. That combined with an economy / stock market / housing values that have been expanding for the past decade and you have the perfect recipe for crowds in early February.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the second half of January - after MLK weekend this year. That has been a slightly slower time for us to visit in the past - not so this year. Whether it's Star Wars or the festivals or other factors - it seems much busier this winter. I'm not surprised February would be any different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    I agree with MissyMouseWorld that SWL is probably driving more traffic to WDW overall. I would suspect that this will only get worse as we go on through 2021 and The House of Mouse continues to push marketing for WDW's 50th anniversary next year. Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean as a trend for February over the last few years - not the crowd bump this year due to Star Wars. February was traditionally quieter than the months around it but supposedly (even before Star Wars) that was changing.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

12. Likes dnickels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    I mean as a trend for February over the last few years - not the crowd bump this year due to Star Wars. February was traditionally quieter than the months around it but supposedly (even before Star Wars) that was changing.
    You're absolutely right. In fact Disney management has been disappointed at how little the Star Wars bump ended up being. There's a crowd at Hollywood Studios every morning at 7 AM of course, but on a resort-wide basis, Star Wars didn't move the needle nearly as much as Disney was expecting.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from 2/1-2/8 stay and were shocked at crowd levels. Wait times were longer than expected for everything and the fireworks crowd at MK was on par for the opening night of Wishes! I was pleasantly surprised that Galaxy's Edge was not wall to wall people and we did get to do both rides and Oga's Cantina. We definitely took a more casual approach to the parks this time, but if this was my once in a lifetime trip I think I would be quite disillusioned by the whole experience. Many times we observed the Fast Pass lines were longer than Stand By, I think the whole system needs revamped.

Post Thanks / Like

If you watch recent videos from Universal now it looks dead, no crowds at all.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post

Bring on that third park...right?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Linda! Keep up the good work. As really you know your way around Disney!
    March Madness 2024!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I just received an email from Universal with a ticket offer, buy two days, get two free. They must be trying to generate more visitors.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I just received an email from Universal with a ticket offer, buy two days, get two free. They must be trying to generate more visitors.
    I got that one too.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Schools in the north are on winter break, I heard it’s crazy busy right now
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    Schools in the north are on winter break, I heard it’s crazy busy right now
    It is. We went to Disney Studios the other day. Essentially, we wandered through the shops, had lunch at Tune In Lounge the minute it opened, wandered through the Star Wars section and went home. We did not go on a single ride or attraction. Even the shows had no fastpasses left for the day. Rides like Star Tours had standby waits of about 85 minutes. The lines waiting to get on Millenium Falcon and into the Canteen stretched way around. Even the Muppets show had a line that extended into the exterior of the building. We did have one fastpass for Tower of Terror but decided to leave before our fastpass time so canceled it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    I thought February was a slower time. I've been checking the app for wait times and it seems crowded now. Anyone there that can say how crowded it really is? Thinking of going end of Feb. Thanks.
    We just got back & crowds were crazy. It took us an hour & a half to get from TTC into MK. On top of the crowds there are a fair number of rides that are down being refurbished so that puts more stress on the rides that were up so wait times were long all over the place.
    Offsite: 72', 89
    Poly: 76', 97', 02', 03',06
    Golf Resort: 79'
    Contemporary: 88'
    WL: 00', 01',14'
    BC: 05', 07'(surprised the kids!!), 09'
    BW 11

Post Thanks / Like

We were there for Mardi Gras week the last week in February. We go every Mardi Gras because our kids are out of school for the week. The only time that we avoid going is if Mardi Gras week and President's Week fall on the same week. Honestly, the crowds this past week were unlike anything we've seen this time of year. We also visit in July, so I'm used to crowds, but I was honestly surprised last week. At least in the summer, the park hours are a little longer to help with the demand.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: