Quantcast Boarding Pass for ROTR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boarding Pass for ROTR

Hi guys, I'm a newbie so please be gentle what exactly does the boarding pass grant you access to? Can you still get FP to rides, can you still walk around the shops? I have only recently been reading about ROTR attraction and I can see how difficult it can be to get the boarding passes. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer1969 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm a newbie so please be gentle what exactly does the boarding pass grant you access to? Can you still get FP to rides, can you still walk around the shops? I have only recently been reading about ROTR attraction and I can see how difficult it can be to get the boarding passes. Thanks.
    The boarding pass is separate from Fast Pass, so you can book FPs for Hollywood Studios AND also show up and get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance.

The Boarding Pass is really just a window of time when you can ride. You'll arrive at the park at opening, log in and get a Boarding Group, then those boarding groups are called sequentially throughout the day. For example there might be boarding groups 1-100 given out at the start of the day. If you get boarding group 75 you'll have to wait until group 75 has been called, then you'll be able to go back and ride it. You just won't know if that's going to be at 2 PM or 7 PM because the ride can break down.

Basically you can go about your usual park day, visit the shops, ride the rides. You'll have to be there by park opening to get a boarding group, but you don't then have to stand in line or stand by the land all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

The boarding pass is basically an opportunity they give you for a window of time where you can return to the ride and be allowed in the stand-by line to get on the attraction. It's currently the only way to ride it - no fast pass or regular standby line. And it won't impact any other fast passes you might have, whether at Hollywood Studios or elsewhere.

6. Likes SpeedRacer1969 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The ROTR boarding pass is strictly getting you access to this attraction. Once you have secured a boarding group you can see on the app where they are at throughout the day. When your boarding group is called you will receive a text and a window of time that you have to get in the cue. (approx 2hrs) Once in the cue it was about a 15 min. line when I did this next week until I was on the attraction. There is no connection between the boarding pass and FP+. You can have existing FP's or secure FP's as per normal protocol. Also you can enter the land without a boarding pass. Anyone in the park can walk through the land and visit the shops/restaurants etc.
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM