Quantcast Boarding Groups - Special needs ??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boarding Groups - Special needs ??

Hi - headed to WDW in May with my son who is on the Autism Spectrum. We do great with our fastpasses and he can definitely tolerate being in the lines. We don't really use the disability pass because it's rare that we need to (I didn't even get it last time we were there). But his main purpose is of course all the Star Wars rides and Rise of the Resistance.

I'm terrified of not getting him into a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance even though we are going to try and hit HS 3 out of the 4 days we are there. Problem is, he is not an early riser and don't think we can get there at rope drop or start of park hours. I'm trying to think of how I can get there early to get into the park to try and get on a boarding group and then go back and get him. But it's just the two of us on this trip. Of course, I can always just drag him out of bed..... the ride should be a good motivator to get him up and going. Probably my best bet. I think I just answered my own questions :-)

Anyway, Is there any special consideration for guests with a disability if we have a disability pass or is it a "too bad" situation. I can accept the "too bad" answer but thought I'd ask....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope there's a way that Disney could help you here. I have not heard anything about special considerations. On the surface, the problem with your scenario (as you probably already know) is boarding passes are only for those who have scanned their ticket and entered the park. But I would contact Disney and see if they have ways of helping in a situation like yours. Perhaps if you get a boarding pass just for you (while leaving him in the room), they would still honor it for both of you when you show up at the ride.

I hope things work out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard of anything to help with getting a boarding group. Once you have one, you can use a DAS if needed to avoid the stand-by line, but that doesn't seem like it will help you much.

I'm sorry, it is a bit crazy with Star Wars right now!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I called Disney. Their answer was - get there at rope drop and hope you get on a boarding group. Oh well.... wish me luck....

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, we wish you luck. Getting a boarding pass is not hard if you are inside the park before 7am, but so much as 7:05 and they are often already gone.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: