Quantcast Paying for Fast Passes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paying for Fast Passes

I don't know if this has been asked but I just heard from a friend that Disney World is going to make paying for fast passes mandatory. Is this true? She said it would be like $50 a day for unlimited? If anyone knows.. please fill me in.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angela2679 View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked but I just heard from a friend that Disney World is going to make paying for fast passes mandatory. Is this true? She said it would be like $50 a day for unlimited? If anyone knows.. please fill me in.
    I haven’t heard that but I assure you it will cost a lot more than 50 dollars a day for unlimited fast passes.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see it becoming mandatory, but they have already started it where you can pay $50 and get 3 'extra' FP+ options and book them at 90 days, rather than 60 (if staying on property)....

I don't know if this is for ALL guests or just certain resort levels. Never thought about buying my FP+ options and have always done okay with the basic 3 per day.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I can't see it becoming mandatory, but they have already started it where you can pay $50 and get 3 'extra' FP+ options and book them at 90 days, rather than 60 (if staying on property)....

I don't know if this is for ALL guests or just certain resort levels. Never thought about buying my FP+ options and have always done okay with the basic 3 per day.
    Don't quote me but I believe club level guests get the pay option... I'm DVC and I know I don't get that option...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

6. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Don't quote me but I believe club level guests get the pay option... I'm DVC and I know I don't get that option...
    Yes, it is a club level "perk", where they can purchase and pre-book an additional 3 FP+/day, for at least 3 days (so $150/person minimum).

You can also pay for the "MaxPass" at Disneyland, which has perks which include booking FP on the app, instead of the paper ones.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

8. Thanks DizneyFreak2002 thanked for this post
    Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad someone asked. I got something on my Facebook feed about that, and I was wondering if it were true. I've also heard that all attractions going forward are not going to be connected to the Fastpass system, but they'll all be the virtual boarding group thing. Even Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad! That really disappointed me-I hope it's not true!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    I'm glad someone asked. I got something on my Facebook feed about that, and I was wondering if it were true. I've also heard that all attractions going forward are not going to be connected to the Fastpass system, but they'll all be the virtual boarding group thing. Even Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad! That really disappointed me-I hope it's not true!
    I find it very hard to believe they'd take away fast pass in favor of this boarding group setup. But then again, who knows what they're thinking these days. I would think they'd be looking at ways of making more money off the fast passes, like are being discussed in this post. And don't forget something else about the fast passes - giving out fast passes has to be the number one way Disney cast members appease unhappy guests if something goes wrong - I sometimes think they give out fast passes like candy if you have an issue. Not sure they can do the same thing with the virtual boarding passes.

But since many of the Disney parks handle the fast passes differently, it could be interesting to see where WDW lands. I know at Shanghai, you can purchase fast passes for the day (I think it's one pass each for 7 or 8 attractions on the same day). Disneyland has been discussed here.

And yes, the $50 per day is currently a Club Level room option - but it's not unlimited. It's an additional 3 passes per day (you get 3 'regular' fast passes, too). But the purchased ones don't have the same limitations - you can get all tier 1, and you can also get them across parks. And they do it at 90 days, so you can pretty much pick your times.

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this article on Facebook, reading it there is no real substance to the rumour, it was basically a "Could they?" and a "what if?" article. Possibly getting conflate with the Club level Fastpass offer. From what was written in the article there was certainly no reason to suspect it was likely.

For what it's worth I think it's unlikely just because it would get very bad press as it's a horrible idea. There is no way it could be dressed as anything except a major cash grab. Also given how much was invested in the FP+ and My Disney app it seems unlikely they would abandon that completely in favour of copying Universal.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

After having tried the MAXPass option at DL, I would love to see Walt Disney World move to that. We would always pay for it. That system works much better than the FP+ system.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    After having tried the MAXPass option at DL, I would love to see Walt Disney World move to that. We would always pay for it. That system works much better than the FP+ system.
    Loved the Maxpass at DL during our trip a year and a half ago. Easy to use and no need to plan it 60 days out or even one or two days out.

It would be interesting to know the usage rate of the Max Pass / Fast Pass versus the Fastpass+. That is....how many fast passes are given out versus the number that are actually used. I’m guessing Disney would never divulge this info.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I completely agree. It is a far better system than the FP+ at WDW. It alleviates most of the stress and aggravation associated with all the pre-planning.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: