Quantcast Gondola Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gondola Question

I want to make sure I understand how the Gondola works. Am I able to take the Gondola from HS to Epcot, (without needing admission to Epcot) and then take the monorail or bus to MK?

I am going from a day at HS to After Hours at Magic Kingdom and would like to experience the Gondola. I do not have hoppers....just a day ticket to HS and an After Hours ticket to MK that evening.

Thanks in advance!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You do not need a ticket to ride the skyliner and you don't need to be staying at a skyliner resort. I was staying at POFQ and just wanted to experience the ride. However, I don't remember if you could ride from HS straight to Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like

You can take the Skyliner from HS to Epcot it requires changing to the Epcot line. It is a nice ride. We did it in November. You would not however be able to take the monorail to MK. That would require admission to Epcot. You could take a bus from one of the Epcot resorts to MK. Beach Club would probably be the easiest as it is closest to Epcot entrance where the Skyliner is.

Post Thanks / Like

To take the monorail would require walking through EPCOT. So you would require a park hopper pass to do that. As Zippy said the only option then would be to take a bus from one time of the Epcot resorts.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

In order to get from DHS to Epcot, you would have to transfer gondolas, and as mentioned previously, walk through Epcot to get to the monorail. I would take the Skyliner from DHS. When you stop at the resort to transfer Skyliners, take that resort bus to MK. You would get a taste of the Skyliner and still make it to MK without needing park hoppers.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    In order to get from DHS to Epcot, you would have to transfer gondolas, and as mentioned previously, walk through Epcot to get to the monorail. I would take the Skyliner from DHS. When you stop at the resort to transfer Skyliners, take that resort bus to MK. You would get a taste of the Skyliner and still make it to MK without needing park hoppers.
    I'm confused-from DHS to Epcot, where do you transfer Gondolas? I guess I won't totally understand the route until I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect idea. Thank you so much!

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    I'm confused-from DHS to Epcot, where do you transfer Gondolas? I guess I won't totally understand the route until I see it.
    I belive all 3 Gondola lines have a stop at Caribbean Beach Resort, which acts as a hub station. You can take the DHS line to Caribbean Beach, transfer to the Epcot line and ride to Epcot.

As said I guess the issue with the plan made in the first post is that the Gondola stops at the International Gateway entrance, the Monorail is at the main entrance. To my knowledge there isn't a path going around the outside of the park so the only way is straight through Epcot.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    From DHS, it goes to the Caribbean Beach Resort. When you get off, you can go towards Epcot one way and to Pop Century the other way. When you head towards Epcot, there's a station for the Riviera Resort, but our line just kept going without a stop at that resort. I think there might be a separate spot you get on to go to the Riviera Resort from Caribbean Beach Resort, but I can't say for sure. I was too nervous about riding it to pay too much attention.

It might help you understand if you look up "Disney Skyliner route map" on the internet. There are some diagrams that make it easier to understanding.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

The Caribbean Beach Resort stop is the main station for all the Skyliner lines. From there you can go to DHS, off to Pop/AoA, or to Riveria Resort then on to Epcot. This final line stops at Riveria Resort and tou can stay on to travel to Epcot or disembark and go to Riveria. If I were trying to enjoy the Skyliner ride I would probably take it from DHS and then go onto Riveria and then jump on a bus to MK there. Or if you have the time ride it to Epcot and either walk to one of the Epcot Resorts for bus transportation to MK or go back to Riveria. I truly enjoyed riding the Skyliner. But it took a few rides to really experience for all it was. The ride from DHS is rather short. We all thoroughly enjoyed the ride to Epcot. Hope you enjoy your experience too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

From DHS, it goes to the Caribbean Beach Resort. When you get off, you can go towards Epcot one way and to Pop Century the other way. When you head towards Epcot, there's a station for the Riviera Resort, but our line just kept going without a stop at that resort. I think there might be a separate spot you get on to go to the Riviera Resort from Caribbean Beach Resort, but I can't say for sure. I was too nervous about riding it to pay too much attention.

It might help you understand if you look up "Disney Skyliner route map" on the internet. There are some diagrams that make it easier to understanding.
    Thanks so much! I had assumed that the line from Epcot went straight to DHS. I didn't anticipate that 90 degree turn to go to Riviera, then CBR. And actually from the map it looks like it stops past CBR. Or is that just the way the map I saw looks? If I want to go to the food court at CBR, I wonder if I'd be better off getting off at Riviera, or the CBR station.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: