Quantcast Rise of the Resistance Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rise of the Resistance Question

I will be at HS January 6. HS is now opening at 7:00am on that day. If I arrive at 6:45am, in time for opening am I likely to get a boarding pass? Does anyone know when the boarding passes typically "sell out"?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

From everything I have heard I would arrive by no later than 6 am. The boarding passes go very quickly once the park opens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeespaw View Post
    I will be at HS January 6. HS is now opening at 7:00am on that day. If I arrive at 6:45am, in time for opening am I likely to get a boarding pass? Does anyone know when the boarding passes typically "sell out"?

You'll want to see this thread:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...the-Resistance

Things have changed - boarding passes now are not distributed till published park opening time. So, while you might be able to get into the park early, the passes are available in the app - in the park at scheduled opening time. And you must be scanned in and present to get the passes in the app.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You'll want to see this thread:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...the-Resistance

Things have changed - boarding passes now are not distributed till published park opening time. So, while you might be able to get into the park early, the passes are available in the app - in the park at scheduled opening time. And you must be scanned in and present to get the passes in the app.
    I did read that but I was still confused. Why are people still lining up at 4am? It is my understanding that a pop up appears on your My Disney Experience App for getting the boarding pass. Do the pop ups occur in the order in which people entered the park?

Post Thanks / Like

I did read that but I was still confused. Why are people still lining up at 4am? It is my understanding that a pop up appears on your My Disney Experience App for getting the boarding pass. Do the pop ups occur in the order in which people entered the park?
    No, I believe the pop-up occurs in the app at the published opening time, for all folks who have had their passes scanned to enter HS that day. If 2000 people have entered and are online, you could have all of them accessing the app for boarding passes when the passes open at 7AM (or whatever opening time). The only 'ordering' is how quickly you can work the app to submit for a pass for your group.

Post Thanks / Like

and from what I'm seeing on line they are taking all groups in everyday so your chances are good for getting on
    fw 75-80-85-90
    cbr 95-98-01
    pofq-02-05-09-13-15
    disney wonder aug 08
    Disneyland Mar 18
    Contemporary Dec 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I would get there earlier than 15 mins prior to opening! There will be huge lines at the turnstiles, if you want to experience it (and trust me, you do!) I’d still get there at least 30 mins to an hr prior to posted opening time. I rode it twice when I was there. It’s breathtaking. When I was there beginning of Dec they were typically gone in 15 minutes (not sure now with the recent changes again though)
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

So how do you all get there that early if you are depending on the WDW shuttle buses to take you there and according to the WDW website they only begin to run 45 mins. before the park opens?
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDadfromPittsburgh View Post
    So how do you all get there that early if you are depending on the WDW shuttle buses to take you there and according to the WDW website they only begin to run 45 mins. before the park opens?
    Don't believe everything you read. Even the stuff that Disney publishes on their web site.

The first bus to each park will arrive at the resort right around 6:30a. Those early buses will not be as frequent in the very early morning (more like every 30 min rather than the normal 20 minutes). For a park that opens at 7, or earlier, the first bus will arrive by 6, although they may begin earlier if the crowds warrant it (as was the case in Sept-Nov when DHS opened at 6 and buses started at 4:30).

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Question: If I only want to wander around the land and not ride the Star Wars rides, can I do that? Or do I still need a boarding group? At one point at Disneyland, someone said, it was so crowded they weren't even letting people in without a group. Is that happening here? I really want to see the theming, but the rides less so because of motion sickness issues.
    Holly
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    "Think of the safety. Think of the sense of well-being. At last, your family can be protected from the heartbreak of gorilla invasion." Dr. B. Honeydew

Post Thanks / Like

You do not need to be part of a boarding group to enter Galaxy's Edge. Boarding groups are only for Rise of the Resistance.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

15. Thanks HollyB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Monkeespaw, come back and tell us how it went. I have ridden it three times now and you must be there by 7am inside the park and ready. By 7:05 there is a stream of people entering the park who become mad that the passes are all gone.

I can understand their frustration, it is not the best system.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: