Quantcast All stars movie resort -skip it.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default All stars movie resort -skip it.

You would think I wouldn’t have much to complain about after my sis treated us to a room for a night at all stars movie resort considering I’m not even paying for the room. But here are my 2 things!:
    1. The ac system does not go lower than 68 degrees.. the desk clerk agreed that it is also not 68 once it says it is but much hotter. It took 5 hours for the ac to go down 2 degrees to reach that false 68. Meaning I was up until 2 am just laying there hot. Mind you, I am pregnant... but even my husband had a horrible time with it. We had a fan delivered and kept the door open too cool down the room. They call this system energy efficient... but if you know anything about ac units you know that’s far from the truth.
    We got a partial refund for my sis and 3 hours of sleep.
    2. The food is worse than a school cafeteria. Spent $45+ last night on 2 slices of bad bad bad pizza, with 2 cups of lettuce with Parmesan on it (salad?). 1 bowl of water with overcooked pasta and uncooked but slightly heated crushed tomatoes sitting in it. And a small breadstick.
    This morning was better for breakfast. We got decent croissant egg and bacon sandwiches. (Though I saw raw sausage available ...yum???)
    But for alternative non dairy milk/ creamer in your coffee you have to use the only option of vanilla soy milk which you have to buy. Also the coffee might as well be dirt out into a coffee pot with water.

This is my first time ever actually staying at a Disney hotel or resort though I’ve been hundreds of times. My husband and I live in Florida now and are passholders who come every few weeks or so. I grew up visiting family in Daytona and Orlando 2-4 times a year and always going to Disney.
    I only stayed because it made it easier to see my sister and fam for two of the days they will be here as her treat. I almost drove home to st Pete last night to drive back in the morning... I would have gotten more sleep for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry that your experience was so awful and I really can't believe they didn't offer you a different room. I have been to WDW many times and have never been dissatisfied. I've encountered a few glitches but nothing big. I stay at moderate resorts tho because I have heard of guests being disappointed at value resorts. I hope that you can try another resort in the future and that your experience is more magical.

4. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not stayed at All Star Movies, but I know many that have. The only Value I have stayed at is Art of Animation. While we took have had a few snags (requests not fulfilled and long waits for a room) it was nothing that the front desk didn't fix. As a matter of fact they went out of their way to assist us. The only thing that I totally agree with was the food at the values was just awful! My son said never again mom! I truly hope you give it another go at a different resort...just pack some snacks or eat elsewhere. Thatvis what our plan is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with you in that I hate their new regulated, temperature controlled AC units. I CAN NOT sleep if I'm hot. I completely sympathize with your situation.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

8. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm another one who agrees about the rooms, if it isn't cool, I can't sleep. We've had to have engineering visit our rooms on a couple of occasions to make it cooler.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

10. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience at Disney.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

12. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Makes me feel better that I’m not being to whiney. I cannot sleep if it’s hot at all either. I will surely stay at another resort this time. Disney is only an hour away from us now though so I’m not sure how soon. I really only stayed here by chance as a gift from my sis who was staying there. I would personally have chosen the animal kingdom resort with the giraffes. I’m a go big or go home kind of gal.
    I’m sure they would have given us another room if I had asked.. I just asked for the fan because I was sure it would be the same story in the next room and it was only 1 night.
    The rest of Disney was great as usual even with it raining the whole time.
    Wishing everyone a fabulous trip for their next visits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: