Quantcast Old Key West - December 16

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Key West - December 16

Day One:

We're spending a few nights at Old Key West. Weather today is very pleasant and we are comfortable in shorts and short-sleeved tops.

We're up and out pretty early and, even though our room has not yet been assigned, we pull into a parking space in the lot across from Hospitality House by 8:30 in the morning.

Crossing the street, we hop on a bus headed for Animal Kingdom. We have plenty of time before our first fastpass of the day so head to Yak & Yetis Local Food Cafes. We order a breakfast sandwich which we split.

With breakfast behind us, we head over to Dinoland and use our Dinosaur fastpass. When we exit, we get on Tricera Top Spin - because it's there, the line is short, and we have time. Primeval Whirl is operating - this has never been a favorite of mine so we pass it by.

With time available before our next fastpass, we wander around Africa for a bit and then decide to head over to Pandora by taking the path by the Festival of the Lion King show but we are warned by the cast member out in front of that show that the path is not open so we turn around and take the long way around. Today, we have a fastpass for Avatar. Today's ride is really terrific - we both enjoyed it very much!!!

We return to Africa and wander through the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail and then head to the Kilimanjaro Safari for our fastpass ride there. The gnus were really close to the tram today - usually we only see them as a distance.

Our three fastpasses are done for the day. We decide to head over to Rainforest for some lunch. There's a very long line at the podium so we skip that and head into the lounge where we sit at the bar and have a meal.

I thought about going to the Finding Nemo show but we decide to head back to Old Key West instead. We still haven't received notification of our room number. Just as soon as we get on the bus for the ride back, I get a message with my room number - perfect timing.

It turns out we've parked our car in the perfect spot - right in front of the building we've been assigned. We drag our bags into our room and get unpacked. We relax on our lanai for a little bit and decide to return to Animal Kingdom to check out the lights at night. I waited quite a bit to watch the Awakening show at the Tree of Life only to find that one area of the projection was not working. Oh well!!

There is space launch scheduled for this evening so we decide to return to Old Key West to see if we can see it. We get into a conversation with one of the cast members there who is also excited to see the launch. We've in the area between the building and the pool and have an excellent view of the rocket over the roof of the building!!

Since we are right there, we decide to have dinner at Olivia's Cafe. Dinner is quite good. After wandering through the shop there, we return to our room and call it a day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful day. I tried to stay at OKW on our last trip, but it was full.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great first day. We love OKW ... and it is extra great when you're close to the action.

Sounds like AK had a few hiccups though, strange that the path wasn't open?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Sounds like AK had a few hiccups though, strange that the path wasn't open?
    I think they had some filming going on while we were there so that may have had something to do with it. We saw a couple of production crews around including some folks wearing ID tags that said they were with National Geographic.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: