Quantcast Disney's Hollywood Studios Updates 'Virtual Queue' Policy for Rise of the Resistance

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Disney's Hollywood Studios Updates 'Virtual Queue' Policy for Rise of the Resistance

Disney's Hollywood Studios has announced an update for the 'Virtual Queue' Policy for Rise of the Resistance:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Virtual queue will be available at the published park opening time. We may welcome guests onto Hollywood Boulevard prior to opening the rest of the park, and limited nearby locations will be open for your convenience. This includes Trolley Car Café where you can pick up a beverage for your own personal “jump to lightspeed,” and if you need to grab a few galactic gifts, Keystone Clothiers will be available.

At the park’s published opening time, the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens along with offerings throughout the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests must be in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app.

Due to the incredible popularity of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we will continue to distribute backup boarding groups after the initial planned groups have been filled. Backup boarding groups will only be called if all of the initial planned boarding groups have been called back and there is capacity for more riders that evening. If we are able to accommodate boarding groups that evening, guests will be notified through the My Disney Experience app by a push notification (if enabled).

For anyone with questions or needing a hand with the virtual queue, the members of the Guest Experience Team are available throughout the park to assist. And while people wait for their turn to rise up with the Resistance, there’s plenty to do around Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhhhhh......here’s to the days of simply standing in line or going up to a fast pass kiosk and getting a simple little ticket.

Really miss those days
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

5. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even with all of the issues, this is so so so much better than having to stand in lines for hours.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

7. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh......here’s to the days of simply standing in line or going up to a fast pass kiosk and getting a simple little ticket.

Really miss those days
    I do miss the old fast pass system. It was so much more flexible and it allowed more top rides to be ridden in a day.
    Jeff

9. Likes RunDMV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Even with all of the issues, this is so so so much better than having to stand in lines for hours.
    I'm not sure how. People are getting to the park at 4AM to stand in line for hours to get in to get the boarding passes. People are still waiting in line! All this is doing is eliminating the chances of anyone who sleeps past 6:30AM ever getting onto the attraction.... at least for the foreseeable future. This is essentially a controlled, in-park fast pass system to get on the attraction. And then you're sort of 'on call' the rest of the day waiting for your boarding group to come up.

Hopefully, at some point, things calm down enough to have it part of the normal fast pass process. But based on the crowds outside the park at 4AM, that might not be happening anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t like this...so you arriving at 4am because you are determined to ride it have the same chance as someone walking in at opening? and can the app handle all those logins at once? right now they are spread out as people are entering and I still had issues, had to see an experience team member
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    I'm not sure how. People are getting to the park at 4AM to stand in line for hours to get in to get the boarding passes. People are still waiting in line! All this is doing is eliminating the chances of anyone who sleeps past 6:30AM ever getting onto the attraction.... at least for the foreseeable future. This is essentially a controlled, in-park fast pass system to get on the attraction. And then you're sort of 'on call' the rest of the day waiting for your boarding group to come up.

Hopefully, at some point, things calm down enough to have it part of the normal fast pass process. But based on the crowds outside the park at 4AM, that might not be happening anytime soon.
    Because you don’t have to tie up your whole day waiting in a line for 8 hours. You are free to roam around wherever you like, including leaving the park (I bet they change that next)
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

A little late Disney. How many guests have you already screwed over? Not to mention they have different "published" opening times, unless they straightened that out too.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    Because you don’t have to tie up your whole day waiting in a line for 8 hours. You are free to roam around wherever you like, including leaving the park (I bet they change that next)
    Well, I guess waiting in line 2-4 hours to ride is better than 6-8.

I'm trying to remember - is this the only Disney attraction ever that doesn't actually have a standby line for guests to ride? How times have changed.

Looking forward to a future adjustment when you can just wait in line, or maybe even get a fast pass. That might be years into the future - but eventually they'll need to allow folks to ride without the need to be in line outside the park before dawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Well, I guess waiting in line 2-4 hours to ride is better than 6-8.

I'm trying to remember - is this the only Disney attraction ever that doesn't actually have a standby line for guests to ride? How times have changed.

Looking forward to a future adjustment when you can just wait in line, or maybe even get a fast pass. That might be years into the future - but eventually they'll need to allow folks to ride without the need to be in line outside the park before dawn.
    So instead of waiting in one line for 6 to 8 hours you spend 3 to 4 hours in two different lines after stressing 60 days out to get a fast pass for a line that used to be 20 minutes but now is an hour because they force you to pick / use three to get a fourth. All for an average ride time of about two minutes. People tell me Disneyworld is fun. I respond that it used to be.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

16. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this would be to discourage people from lining up at 4am. But, if they're still going to let you in the park early, then you still have an advantage over someone who only gets up in time to be there for the published park opening. We're planning on going in August, hope there's a better system by then!
    Susanne

18. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My children were both so looking forward to riding this upon our return in July, but after explaining to them the procedure, they both think that we will not ride ROTR this summer. I hope things change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    My children were both so looking forward to riding this upon our return in July, but after explaining to them the procedure, they both think that we will not ride ROTR this summer. I hope things change.
    It’s amazing. It’s worth getting up early 1 day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    It’s amazing. It’s worth getting up early 1 day
    I agree! We just got back on 12/16 and were able to ride with no issues. My son even went without sleep for over 24 hours as his flight was delayed and he did not arrive at the Contemporary until 4:15 AM. That gave him time to shower and we left at 5 AM for Hollywood Studios.....It was definitely worth it!

22. Likes John, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebK View Post
    I agree! We just got back on 12/16 and were able to ride with no issues. My son even went without sleep for over 24 hours as his flight was delayed and he did not arrive at the Contemporary until 4:15 AM. That gave him time to shower and we left at 5 AM for Hollywood Studios.....It was definitely worth it!
    Ha! Nice Debbie!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: