Quantcast Leaving tomorrow! Best way to get from airport to Universal?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving tomorrow! Best way to get from airport to Universal?

We're thinking Uber? Any and all suggestions, previous experiences welcome. Thank you!
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    We're thinking Uber? Any and all suggestions, previous experiences welcome. Thank you!
    Probably the best route, depending on how long you are staying. Likely about $20-30 plus tip. So you’d be spending about $50-70 round trip. It’s about 14 miles.

Occasionally you can get car specials for under $20 a day from Dollar or Alamo.

I like having the freedom of having a vehicle so I usually rent a car.

I believe universal has a round trip shuttle you can reserve as part of your hotel reservation as well.

4. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Probably the best route, depending on how long you are staying. Likely about $20-30 plus tip. So you’d be spending about $50-70 round trip. It’s about 14 miles.

Occasionally you can get car specials for under $20 a day from Dollar or Alamo.

I like having the freedom of having a vehicle so I usually rent a car.

I believe universal has a round trip shuttle you can reserve as part of your hotel reservation as well.
    Thank you! I've heard there have been problems with their shuttle service. Also, I think it's $35 per person/each way?

I feel a little unsure using Uber, even though I used it on one trip to L.A. It was fast and easy, and really the only reasonable way to get around there.

I wondered about renting a car as well. It's good to know that it's sometimes possible to get them that inexpensively. Although, I don't see us going off property at all for the few days we're there, so maybe not the best choice?

I know I should have this figured out already. My original plan was to Uber. I just get panicky about trip plans!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I've heard there have been problems with their shuttle service. Also, I think it's $35 per person/each way?

I feel a little unsure using Uber, even though I used it on one trip to L.A. It was fast and easy, and really the only reasonable way to get around there.

I wondered about renting a car as well. It's good to know that it's sometimes possible to get them that inexpensively. Although, I don't see us going off property at all for the few days we're there, so maybe not the best choice?

I know I should have this figured out already. My original plan was to Uber. I just get panicky about trip plans!
    Uber is fine. Use them all the time.

That said - I am a nervous traveler and prefer to have my destiny in my own hands.

If your all in cost is even close to rent a car - is go that route - but more than likely, Uber will be your least expensive route.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

7. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Uber is fine. Use them all the time.

That said - I am a nervous traveler and prefer to have my destiny in my own hands.

If your all in cost is even close to rent a car - is go that route - but more than likely, Uber will be your least expensive route.
    Perfect phrase for me!! "Nervous traveler". Especially when we're going someplace new! That is the biggest reason I can think of to rent a car, having transportation in our own hands. It might be worth spending a little more. How is traffic in that area? Is it easy to get around? Geez. Someone probably needs to hand me a paper bag to breathe in.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect phrase for me!! "Nervous traveler". Especially when we're going someplace new! That is the biggest reason I can think of to rent a car, having transportation in our own hands. It might be worth spending a little more. How is traffic in that area? Is it easy to get around? Geez. Someone probably needs to hand me a paper bag to breathe in.
    Gotta be honest, traffic is a bit of a hot mess on i4 - but most of your journey will not be on that. So, just be patient and you'd be fine

Post Thanks / Like

We are also a family that prefers to rent a car and have it available to us whenever we need it. But I have to say - the times we've seen $20 a day for a rental car from Orlando are very few and far between anymore. That used to be the norm - not anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    We are also a family that prefers to rent a car and have it available to us whenever we need it. But I have to say - the times we've seen $20 a day for a rental car from Orlando are very few and far between anymore. That used to be the norm - not anymore.
    Checked for a 3 day rental with dollar starting tomorrow - economy is $19

Post Thanks / Like

After some discussion, we're going to just Uber back and forth. But thank you so much for the perspectives and the pricing!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Checked for a 3 day rental with dollar starting tomorrow - economy is $19
    I have GOT to check more often!

Post Thanks / Like

We rent a car. So easy at Orlando international
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

used Mears shuttle once and it had a lot of stops before my resort at Universal. in May 2020 our first night of the trip is going to be at Surfside and will use Uber from the airport and then to Disney
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM