Quantcast Disney+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney+

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney+

We were really excited to try Disney's new streaming service. I signed up for the 3 year package with the discount. Wanted to check it out yesterday, it's opening day, and discovered our TV will not stream it because Disney+ doesn't support it's OS! We're floored. I'm coming up on 45 minutes on hold so that I can, unfortunately, cancel the service. Our TV is not that old. I guess the year after we bought it Samsung switched the OS they use. We can stream all of the others, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and we can stream 4k. Like I said, we're floored. And, disappointed to have to cancel.
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad that you can't stream to your TV. We have an Android TV that it runs on. Also we can cast to the TV from any device, have you tried that?

Yesterday there were a lot of glitches but today it seems to have been sorted out.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We've done the same ... chromecast from a PC to the TV when the streaming apps don't work. I've only tried Disney+ on the laptop, I guess time to see on the TV as well?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Could you use the Disney app through Amazon? I'm not sure how you stream your Amazon, but does it include apps?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Great questions, and I SO appreciate the troubleshooting attempts. Yes, we could stream to the TV either by opening a browser on it, or streaming to the TV through another device. However, none of those methods are officially supported by Disney+ so if we ran into problems we would get no help from them. It would also impact quality and we would lose functions that we usually use when streaming through the TV. All of which devalues the service we paid for. I just cannot believe that if you have not purchased a TV in the last three years, that Disney+ simply counts you out on that front. Our TV was very expensive, functions beautifully with every other streaming service, and is the only way we can watch something as a family. I mean, as an adult, why would I want to watch something on a tablet when I could watch it on that TV? I finally got through to someone this morning who confirmed that there is no official fix for that and processed a full refund for us. What a shame. I mean EVERY other service streams through this TV. What a foolish decision by Disney. And even more sad, I'm not really all that surprised.
    Susanne

7. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to technology and the ever changing TV landscape. Disney+ is probably only second to Netflix as far as accessibility. It's available on Android TV and devices, Apple TV and devices, Amazon's Fire devices, Chromecast and Chromebook, newer Samsung TVs, Roku, PS4 and Xbox One. Our Samsung Smart TV is about two years old and we have Apple TV so it works no problem for us. However, I was disappointed to learn that Apple TV is now included on newer Samsung Smart TVs. C'est la vie! Still loving all the access to Disney's content!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We watched Disney+ on two different smart TVs in our home yesterday. My son watched something in his room this morning. Then around 9am both TVs had been logged out of, but we didn’t log out. Now we can’t log into our account on any of our TVs. When we try to log in it goes straight to a message to contact Disney + customer support. I waited on hold for an hour and 9 minutes earlier. Had to hang up. Have now been on hold for a second time for 1 hour and 4 minutes currently. This is ridiculous!

Post Thanks / Like

DD and DSIL can't get it through their TV either. Poor decision on Disney's part.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I have watched on my Sony Android TV, Sony Playstation and on all my android devices with no issues. Casting to my TV also works. I have done nothing but download the app on all my devices. Maybe I ask just lucky.

Though I did read somewhere that Sony has an agreement with Disney regarding Disney+.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

After waiting over 2 hours I did get through to someone. Now waiting to hear back because for some reason my email address got blocked. They will email me with a solution if they can come up with one. Otherwise I’ll have to cancel that subscription and make a new one with a different email address.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about the variety of challenges others are having with this service. It's such a shame. This isn't hard. We've never had any issues with any of the other streaming services. I did really hesitate with the pre-purchase package. But the discount with the three year package was nice. I should have waited until after it launched when the full info on which streaming devices were compatible came out. Even now you have to dig. The item on the list only says "Samsung Smart TV". Ah well. It's honestly not the end of the world, just disappointing. Maybe something will change down the road and we'll consider it again.
    Susanne

14. Likes CanadianWDWFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What about just buying a roku for about $30 and hooking it up to an hdmi port. We use the roku box for Hulu even though the app is built into our vizio. Just like the roku interface better and its faster than the native tv app stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Vizio smart TV... App isn't available on there, not that I can see anyway... But I do have Disney+ downloaded to my PS4 and Firestick... I use Hulu on my Vizio, Amazon Prime on Vizio and Firestick, and Disney+ on the Firestick... Everything works just fine...

First day issues were just that, a mad rush to download the app and begin using the service... Disney messed up with not having enough servers to handle demand, but that was rectified quicker than most times Disney has issues... Iger has hung his CEO stewardship on this, they were not going to let this fail...

Reports are 10 million sign ups on first day... Not a bad debut... As for the service, I have only, so far, watched The Mandalorian Chapters 1 and 2... I have scrolled through the other offerings, and I must say, this is a Disney fan dream... And they haven't added everything they could add... I'm excited for this streaming service... Now, to sit patiently and wait for The Mandalorian Chapter 3....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    What about just buying a roku for about $30 and hooking it up to an hdmi port. We use the roku box for Hulu even though the app is built into our vizio. Just like the roku interface better and its faster than the native tv app stuff.
    Or a Chromecast. We've been casting from phone and laptop with no issues.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

18. Likes John liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Or a Chromecast. We've been casting from phone and laptop with no issues.
    I'm old school - I like to have stuff actually plugged in and be using a remote
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Samsung SmartTV automatically made the app available. I did not sign up for the service, but can get a "Free Trial" right now, no problem.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

21. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the Roku! All our TVs are Samsung: 2 years old to about 12 years old (3 of them in total). The built in on our Samsung Smart TVs are unreliable and/or slow and clumsy. Roku is fast, has its own remote and even our ancient 3 year old Roku HDMI "stick" plays Disney+ without any issues. I highly recommend Roku. So please consider this if you still want to have Disney+ despite Samsung TV issues - it is a relatively cheap and a very reliable option.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Samsung SmartTV automatically made the app available. I did not sign up for the service, but can get a "Free Trial" right now, no problem.
    Yes! It was on my newer Samsung TV when I sat down to watch The Imagineering Story on Friday night. However, it's not available on my older (like 4 years) Samsung TV.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Or the Amazon fire stick. We have one for all the TVs in our home. On Black Friday, you should be able to get any of the mentioned streaming sticks for a price that makes it worth it to keep the service.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm old school - I like to have stuff actually plugged in and be using a remote
    Hey Google!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03