Quantcast Walt Disney World Refurb Schedule 2019

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Walt Disney World Refurb Schedule 2019

Member @PetefromRI post about refurb schedule updates had me thinking... I know Jason posts refurb news in his updates forum, but sometimes those refurb blurbs can get buried... I'm going to start a refurb thread for everyone to read... I'll try updated weekly... If I know what the refurb will be, I will post details too...

MAGIC KINGDOM
    Walt Disney World Railroad under refurbishment from December 3, 2018 to January 2, 2021

Splash Mountain under refurbishment from January 6, 2020 to February 27, 2020

EPCOT
    Impressions de France under refurbishment from October 2, 2019 to December 31, 2019 (adding in elements for Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long)

Test Track under refurbishment from January 13, 2020 to February 26, 2020 (general maintenance, software upgrade)

BLIZZARD BEACH
    Blizzard Beach under refurbishment from September 8, 2019 to January 4, 2020

RESORTS
    Beaches and Cream located at Disney's Beach Club Resort will be under refurbishment from August 26, 2019 to December 31, 2019

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney's Polynesian Resort under refurbishment from January 19, 2020 to January 27, 2020

Calypso Pool at Disney's All Star Music Resort will be under refurbishment in 2020, tentative dates are September 15, 2020 to December 15, 2020... Will post exact dates when officially announced...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2. Thanks eam, TheVBs thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney's Polynesian Resort under refurbishment from January 19, 2020 to January 27, 2020

Hopefully the food and the show will be better.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No new refurbishments to report the last few weeks... I will update as soon as more are announced...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

No new refurbishments to report the last few weeks... I will update as soon as more are announced...
    Oh good. I don't want anything else closed for my trip. :P
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

MAGIC KINGDOM
    Walt Disney World Railroad under refurbishment from December 3, 2018 to January 2, 2021

Will miss my train next year, seems a long time to be down but I guess the work they are doing on the Tomorrowland end of the circle must be huge! Will try and snap a picture on Main Street if the train is there at least!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    Will miss my train next year, seems a long time to be down
    It only took six years to build the entire 1,900 mile trans-continental railroad.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATED***

MAGIC KINGDOM

EPCOT
    Impressions de France under refurbishment from October 2, 2019 to December 31, 2019 (adding in elements for Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long)

Test Track under refurbishment from January 13, 2020 to February 26, 2020 (general maintenance, software upgrade)

ANIMAL KINGDOM
    Kali River Rapids under refurbishment from January 6, 2020 to March 20, 2020

BLIZZARD BEACH

RESORTS
    Beaches and Cream located at Disney's Beach Club Resort will be under refurbishment from August 26, 2019 to December 31, 2019

Calypso Pool at Disney's All Star Music Resort will be under refurbishment in 2020, tentative dates are September 15, 2020 to December 15, 2020... Will post exact dates when officially announced...

11. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATED***

MAGIC KINGDOM

EPCOT
    Impressions de France under refurbishment from October 2, 2019 to December 31, 2019 (adding in elements for Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long)... To update, this may actually open January 2020, along with Festival of the Arts, so take the December 31, 2019 date with a grain of salt...

Agent P game in World Showcase closing and will be changed to Ducktales, no time frame given for completed...

MouseGear closing January 4, 2020, reopening with new temporary location beginning January 5, 2020

Oh Canada is closed, and the new show Canada Far and Wide is scheduled to open January 17, 2020

Awesome Planet, the new show coming to The Land Pavilion, is scheduled to open January 17, 2020

ANIMAL KINGDOM

BLIZZARD BEACH

TYPHOON LAGOON
    Typhoon Lagoon under refurbishment from January 13, 2020 to March 28, 2020

RESORTS

13. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATED***

MAGIC KINGDOM

EPCOT
    Impressions de France under refurbishment from October 2, 2019 to December 31, 2019 (adding in elements for Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long)... To update, this may actually open January 2020, along with Festival of the Arts, so take the December 31, 2019 date with a grain of salt...

Agent P game in World Showcase closing and will be changed to Ducktales, no time frame given for completion...

MouseGear closing January 4, 2020, reopening with new temporary location beginning January 5, 2020

Oh Canada is closed, and the new show Canada Far and Wide is scheduled to open January 17, 2020

Awesome Planet, the new show coming to The Land Pavilion, is scheduled to open January 17, 2020

ANIMAL KINGDOM

BLIZZARD BEACH

TYPHOON LAGOON
    Typhoon Lagoon under refurbishment from January 13, 2020 to March 28, 2020

RESORTS

15. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beaches and Cream has reopened as of December 25... Reservations began on December 26...

17. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATED***

MAGIC KINGDOM

EPCOT
    Impressions de France under refurbishment from October 2, 2019 to January 16, 2020

Agent P game in World Showcase closing and will be changed to Ducktales, no time frame given for completion...

Gateway Gifts under refurbishment from January 13, 2020 to January 18, 2020

ANIMAL KINGDOM

BLIZZARD BEACH
    Blizzard Beach under refurbishment from September 8, 2019 to January 18, 2020

TYPHOON LAGOON
    Typhoon Lagoon under refurbishment from January 19, 2020 to March 29, 2020

RESORTS

Post Thanks / Like

Updated Impressions de France opening date... Blizzard Beach's refurbishment extended... Typhoon Lagoon refurbishment pushed back... Gateway Gifts added, getting a quick make over....

Post Thanks / Like

I still dont understand the maroons who schedule these things. You can ALWAYS count on Splash Mountain to go down the second Monday of the year. Why? Because its the day after marathon weekend. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. People tend to stay a few days after the marathon. Then, of course, they throw in a few more closures during the same period for good measure...in this year's case, TT.

Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATED***

MAGIC KINGDOM

EPCOT

ANIMAL KINGDOM

DISNEY's HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
    MuppetVision 3D under refurbishment from January 26, 2020 to February 8, 2020

TYPHOON LAGOON

RESORTS

Post Thanks / Like

List updated...

Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long is now open in France Pavilion

Canada Far and Wide is now open in Canada Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATED***

MAGIC KINGDOM

EPCOT

ANIMAL KINGDOM

TYPHOON LAGOON

RESORTS

Awesome Earth as opened in The Land Pavilion...

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it no news on Spaceship Earth yet?

Guessing they are waiting until Test Track is back and then take it down for its long long long refurb but part of me is still holding it hope it stays up through April when we arrive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    I take it no news on Spaceship Earth yet?

Guessing they are waiting until Test Track is back and then take it down for its long long long refurb but part of me is still holding it hope it stays up through April when we arrive!
    Nothing about SSE yet... Original rumors had it shutting down Jan/Feb, so there is still time... But, like you said, with Test Track down, they may be waiting until End of Feb to shut the ride... As soon as it is announced, it will be posted here...

26. Thanks Giggy thanked for this post
    Likes Giggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATED***

MAGIC KINGDOM

Swiss Family Treehouse under refurbishment from April 27, 2020 to May 3, 2020

Big Thunder Mountain under refurbishment from May 4, 2020 to May 21, 2020

EPCOT

ANIMAL KINGDOM

TYPHOON LAGOON

RESORTS

Pop Century Pool under refurbishment from January 13, 2020 to March 31, 2020

Post Thanks / Like

Updated to include refurbishment dates for:

Big Thunder Mountain
    Swiss Family Tree House
    Pop Century Resort pool

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: