Quantcast Tidbits October 2019

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits October 2019

Tidbits
    October 2019

Wi Free

10/26/19
    Complimentary Wi-Fi continues to roll-out at the Walt Disney World resort. A new Wi-Fi network for Guests has begun to become available on Walt Disney World buses. Disney Transport Guest is the SSID for the new network and is indicated as available by a Wi-Fi symbol near the entrance of the bus. It appears that the new “Character” buses have all be upgraded with the new access, but a formal roll-out schedule has yet to be announced or reported.

An All-Star Refurb

10/26/19
    The colloquially named “All-Star McDonalds” at Walt Disney World will soon be closing for a major renovation. The location will close for refurbishment October 30, 2019 re-opening in “2020”. Although the location underwent a major renovation in 2009 replacing its late 90’s cartoonish motif with a contemporary vibe, the current project is reportedly to further modernize the location.

Rocketing Prices

10/26/19
    Once the best deal on Walt Disney World property, Fuel Rods will have a new pricing structure next month. Beginning November 1, 2019; Fuel Rods swaps will change from Complimentary to $3.00 each swap. Although this seems to be a wider trend with many Air Ports charging $1.00 per swap, Walt Disney World seems to once again be out pricing its travel industry peers.

Which Way is Up?

10/26/19
    Disney’s Animal Kingdom continues to re-tool its newest stage show. UP! A Great Bird Adventure has recently undergone its 2nd makeover since debuting in April 2018. The latest incarnation adds a Wilderness Explorers Troop Leader to the cast (joining Russel and Dug) to add a more comedic tone to the show than its original or September 2018 versions.

Ring In the Refurbs

10/26/19
    A pair of refurbs for popular Walt Disney World attractions will ring in 2020. Splash Mountain continues its marathon string of refurbishments during Marathon Week with a closure from January 6 through February 27, 2020. Meanwhile at Epcot, Test Track will have RunDisney participants racing to get in a ride prior to its closure January 13 through February 27, 2020.

Springing-Up

10/26/19
    Several new dining locations are on their way to Disney Springs. Beatrix Health Foods has started construction on its new location at the former Bongos Cuban Café site. The new location will feature a Restaurant, Coffeehouse and Grab-‘n’-Go Market. Also on the West Side, the former home to Something Silver (most recently Amazing Pictures Photography Studio) has been confirmed as the new home for Walt Disney World’s second Ample Hills Creamery location.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks PopPhan, Jeff, eam, ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
    Likes John liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to know the name of the genius that closes headliners during marathon week.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I'm not sure wifi on the buses is a priority for me, it is some good "downtime" to check plans, or make the next plans.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let’s be clear, the Fuel Rods price increase is due to the Fuel Rods company starting to charge for swap outs in many places not just Disney. It’s not appropriate to take a swipe at Disney for something that is not their doing.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Lose the Up story line and bring back Guano Joe to the bird show.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller
    Let’s be clear, the Fuel Rods price increase is due to the Fuel Rods company starting to charge for swap outs in many places not just Disney. It’s not appropriate to take a swipe at Disney for something that is not their doing.
    Agreed, hence the bold section below:

Beginning November 1, 2019; Fuel Rods swaps will change from Complimentary to $3.00 each swap. Although this seems to be a wider trend with many Air Ports charging $1.00 per swap, Walt Disney World seems to once again be out pricing its travel industry peers.
    I'll check at the air port on my way out, but it seems like Disney is pricing $2 more per swap by their own decision. If not, I'll post an update on my findings.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE the new 'UP' themed bird show. I realize the original show (with Guano Joe/Jane) wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but it was hands-down better than this rubbish they're now offering. I'd rather come in and watch a Big Screen TV with a documentary about birds than watch this embarrassingly poor quality show. It was downright painful to sit there and watch the CMs act like they were enjoying their script. The dancing lady is so completely out of place, I could barely watch her. I'm disgusted with the whole fiasco.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Although I'm not sure wifi on the buses is a priority for me, it is some good "downtime" to check plans, or make the next plans.
    I agree. I'm not seeing the importance of offering free wifi on the busses. Honestly, who comes up with the expenditure idea? I'm confident that everyone in the sane world could offer better advice on where to use the money.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

12. Likes ibelieveindisneymagic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg...the Up bird show was terrible!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Update on the Fuel Rods... Disney actually sets the prices, not FuelRod, so this jacking of the price to $3 was all on Disney, they get the blame... And they wonder why they are the face of American corporate greed??? Nickle and dime their guests to death... Sad really...

However, Disney has in fact reversed course... For now, they are NOT going to charge $3... But, with Chapek the Clown, expect that $3 to take affect sooner than later... This is a save face move, nothing more... But with Chapek the Crook in charge, yea ripping off will continue...

#FIRECHAPEK
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I agree. I'm not seeing the importance of offering free wifi on the busses. Honestly, who comes up with the expenditure idea? I'm confident that everyone in the sane world could offer better advice on where to use the money.
    Although I can agree that there are many ways to use that expenditure differently, I can see the Disney standpoint on this as well.

Understand that they are constantly sinking money into upgrading/updating/expanding WiFi all over the property - as demanded by guests - and the addition of WiFi repeaters in the buses is actually a very small cost out of their IT budget. Most new vehicles come equipped with WiFi repeaters from the factory now, and I am sure that the new buses do as well. It is just a matter of activating them and adding their 'addresses' to the system.

That said, I don't know if I, personally, am going to like the ride back to the resort at closing time with the entire bus lit up with cell phone displays!!! Isn't that why they turn the lights out on the ride -- to let people sleep! LOL
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

16. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Disney of today makes you stare at your smart phone in order to maximize their profits, I mean your trip... Wifi on the buses is essential in this... Now families tired from a long day at spending their child's college fund on a 1 foot long hot dog and a cupcake, can now look at the dreadful and depressing world news... Or go onto My Disney Experience to check their fast passes or dining reservations... and soon, that new app Disney Genie which will work oh so well cause Disney is TOPS in IT will allow guests to figure out how to part ways with even more money.. Cause Disney is really really hurting for cash...

But seriously though, wifi is really needed, and a strong wifi signal is needed most...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I turn off wifi when I'm at Disney because it ***** the life out of my battery. When I'm not using their wifi, I get through the entire day not having to recharge my phone AND, I still have a decent amount of charge to make it back to the room or my vehicle if I'm only doing a day trip. Perhaps others don't experience battery drainage from Disney's wifi. I'm currently using an iPhone SE and AT&T is my provider.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

19. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no question that a phone that has wifi turned on at Disney will eat up more battery - as you move around the parks and resort, it will constantly search for wifi for you. It can eat up some battery.....

Hence the FuelRod (or equivalent) business today! Most people prefer to do their online stuff on wifi and not eat into their data plans - so a portable recharging option in a backpack or pocket fits the bill for a phone that won't last all day! I'm not surprised Disney is putting wifi on their buses. It's part of today's world of providing so many things online - and it's Disney's way of providing an outlet for you to get online to their app via wifi. Wifi access and charging stations are part of today's 'needs' for many folks. It's why they're also providing charging options on these new buses, as well as wifi - at least I think I read that.....

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that wifi is a necessity in today's world. I'm not anti-tech by any stretch of the imagination. I actually have wifi in my personal vehicle. Why? Initially, it was to have for long family trips. I just don't see anyone being on a bus long enough that using personal wifi will be detrimental to their data plan.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that wifi is a necessity in today's world. I'm not anti-tech by any stretch of the imagination. I actually have wifi in my personal vehicle. Why? Initially, it was to have for long family trips. I just don't see anyone being on a bus long enough that using personal wifi will be detrimental to their data plan.
    I understand and also agree with you! I don't think I'll need it either. Just the times we're living in right now! We saw one last year that really had us shaking our heads, when wifi was offered/available on the beach we were visiting! Don't need it there either!!

23. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: