Quantcast MNSSHP who has been this year?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP who has been this year?

I have been reading on other sites that the party this year has not been great. Overcrowded and food less than spectacular. Thoughts? Any hints on making it fun despite the crowds?
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to the party last month. We hadn't been in a number of years. I forget where we ate but know there weren't many venues open that were serving food although there were a number of snack venues available. We did some trick or treating, rode Pirates (real cast members were interspersed along the entry line and within the ride itself) and the Haunted Mansion. We spent time just before the bridge to the Castle waiting for the first parade, watched the fireworks, and caught the Hocus Pocus show at the Castle stage. The second parade was just about to start when we left the park. In my previous experience, the second parade was always sparsely attended and it was quite easy to find a good viewing spot. Not so, this year. There were loads of people lining curbs waiting for the second parade. While we were waiting for the 1st parade, I wanted a bottle of water but the lines for the the locations selling water were very long. Fortunately, a cast member came down the middle of the street before the parade selling both Disney trinkets and bottle of water. We had a good time but it was definitely quite a full house.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If you can, eat before you go to party. I went to Poly counter service around 3 pm then was in line for party by 3:45. I just got a dessert while there and munched on some candy.

I watched the 1st parade from Frontierland and the second on Main Street. Saw the Hocus Pocus show twice. The best one is definitely the last one. A little less crowded and a nice end to the evening.

For any of the parties, try to do as much of the special activities. If you are looking for a lot of ride time, they are not worth your money.

Looking forward to a MVMCP in December. The parties are fun but expensive and crowded. Have a plan before you get there. Maps are online to check out where special meets and treats are and you will make better use of your time.

Have fun!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the helpful hints, we will plan to eat before we go into the park. We went about 4 years ago but it was raining so wasn't crowded and the trick or treat lines were moved inside, so not as much fun. Hoping the weather is better this year, so far it looks good, but it is Florida
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: