Quantcast Epcot Forever Oct. 1st

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot Forever Oct. 1st

Disney Parks Blog will be live streaming the debut of Epcot Forever on Oct. 1st at 8:50pm if anyone is interested in the new show.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Here's the promotional release for the EPCOT Forever debut:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Name:  epcot28313.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  83.2 KB

Tonight marks the debut of “Epcot Forever,” the new nighttime spectacular that will brighten the skies above World Showcase Lagoon.

Name:  epcot31831.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  26.9 KB

This new show is a scintillating collection of soaring fireworks, lasers, and colorful glowing kites that dance through the sky above the water.

Name:  epcot8131.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  74.8 KB

The Epcot story plays out to a grand orchestral soundtrack, with noted conductor and composer Don Harper producing new arrangements of classic Epcot tunes threaded throughout the show. It features stirring renditions of music from the park’s history that are sure to stoke some fond memories, such as “One Little Spark” and the theme from the “Tapestry of Nations” parade.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld
    Disney Parks Blog will be live streaming the debut of Epcot Forever on Oct. 1st at 8:50pm if anyone is interested in the new show.
    Thanks for the reminder.

We'll embed the replay in this thread later for anyone that misses it.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

5. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk, maybe in person it was more impressive, but to me it looked like just a lot of fireworks. The kites were nice, but I was waiting for something more.....
    I guess we were all spoiled with Illuminations.

BWV & HH

7. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the replay. The songs were....ok. to me they butchered One Little Spark. It was too high or something. I did like the Tapestry of Nations song. However, everything else was just lackluster to me. I am glad it is temporary.
    "That is just poor show" -Cruella DeVil

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it last night. I was very curious how people on Intercot would feel about it. I know a lot of you went to WDW long before I did and remember some of the rides they referenced. I didn't have much base of reference for some of the things I heard. I only knew it was something that previously existed due to comments made on here.

I also laughed when they started playing "A Whole New World". DizneyFreak's always talking about how they can't resist throwing IP stuff into everything.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

10. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. IP himself, Chapek the Clown strikes again... Something that should have been good, maybe even epic, ruined with... IP... Ugh... Bob Iger, you read these forums, FIRE THIS BOZO!!!! If Chapek winds up CEO....

Now for the show, BLAH.... Illuminations 1000 times better... I don't have any faith WDW can actually make a decent night time show anymore... Rivers of Light is terrible, Happily Ever After is IP on steroids and just mediocre at best... Now this... Thankfully this is temporary, but I don't have any hope HarmoniUS will be any better...

Man, I miss Illuminations already...

#FIRECHAPEK
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile I Get What They're Doing

I understand what they're doing here. Obviously, the main target audience is all of us who have been visiting Epcot since the '80s, and remember all the rides, shows, parades, etc. that the music references. I'm certain the experience is lessened if you're a fairly new visitor to the park, as a lot of it was in the past. However, keep in mind two things - First, this is a temporary show, designed to fill the fireworks gap while the new spectacular is still being developed. Second, the theme fits perfectly with what is now happening at the park with all the changes & updates going on. Celebrating all of the wonderful past experiences, while giving a nod to where Epcot is headed in the future (Walt's sound bites come to mind). My suggestion would be to visit the new interactive attraction at the Odyssey just prior to watching this show to get an overall feel of where Epcot has been, and where it is going.

I personally am excited. The nighttime show, and the park updates are long overdue.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the official replay for those that are interested:

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

14. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    I understand what they're doing here. Obviously, the main target audience is all of us who have been visiting Epcot since the '80s, and remember all the rides, shows, parades, etc. that the music references. I'm certain the experience is lessened if you're a fairly new visitor to the park, as a lot of it was in the past. However, keep in mind two things - First, this is a temporary show, designed to fill the fireworks gap while the new spectacular is still being developed. Second, the theme fits perfectly with what is now happening at the park with all the changes & updates going on. Celebrating all of the wonderful past experiences, while giving a nod to where Epcot is headed in the future (Walt's sound bites come to mind). My suggestion would be to visit the new interactive attraction at the Odyssey just prior to watching this show to get an overall feel of where Epcot has been, and where it is going.

I personally am excited. The nighttime show, and the park updates are long overdue.

I don't understand why they would even need something to "fill the gap". Why not just keep Illuminations until the new show debuts?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I don't understand why they would even need something to "fill the gap". Why not just keep Illuminations until the new show debuts?
    I was wondering the same thing.

However, I really like the show. I LOVE the references to EPCOT past. I generally have a tough time with change, but I can get on board with this.

PS, Skip to 11min mark to the see actual show.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be that, 1. They are using this show to gauge the audience response to certain elements such as the kites, patterns of fireworks, etc. Then they can either incorporate them into the new show or drop them from the program. 2. Disney - being Disney - probably fell woefully behind schedule in the development phase of the show after they had already announced the final date for Illuminations, and didn't want to admit it.

I'd really like to think it's the former, but the latter is probably closer to the mark.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be that, 1. They are using this show to gauge the audience response to certain elements such as the kites, patterns of fireworks, etc. Then they can either incorporate them into the new show or drop them from the program. 2. Disney - being Disney - probably fell woefully behind schedule in the development phase of the show after they had already announced the final date for Illuminations, and didn't want to admit it.

I'd really like to think it's the former, but the latter is probably closer to the mark.
    I disagree with your second point. I think that if they fell behind they probably would have had a 'special encore performance' for a 'limited time.' Buy your special view pass NOW so you don't miss it! They would have found a way to get money out of it.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

19. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with your second point. I think that if they fell behind they probably would have had a 'special encore performance' for a 'limited time.' Buy your special view pass NOW so you don't miss it! They would have found a way to get money out of it.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Elements of RoE are coming into HarmoniUS and needed to be refurbished... They couldn't run RoE because of that...

This show could have been half way decent, didn't need to be perfect, but it is just bad... I will give my full opinion after watching a few more videos NOT part of the Disney Parks live stream, which honestly was a terrible stream....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I also laughed when they started playing "A Whole New World". DizneyFreak's always talking about how they can't resist throwing IP stuff into everything.
    Technically, you would have to say the entire soundtrack is IP...All the songs were (are) from Disney, and primarily EPCOT, attractions over the years.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    This show could have been half way decent, didn't need to be perfect, but it is just bad... I will give my full opinion after watching a few more videos NOT part of the Disney Parks live stream, which honestly was a terrible stream....
    I agree with the Disney Parks 'productions' being very poor. From their 'camera manager' to the sound recording to the 11 minute 'commercial preamble'...I generally shut it off as soon as the actual show is over. Don't need another 10 minute commercial.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

24. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I agree with the Disney Parks 'productions' being very poor. From their 'camera manager' to the sound recording to the 11 minute 'commercial preamble'...I generally shut it off as soon as the actual show is over. Don't need another 10 minute commercial.
    That's why I want to see a few more videos from others... Give it a week worth of videos... Get the bugs out from the first night... Then form a final opinion and give my review... have listened to the soundtrack a few times though, and it still makes me cringe...

The only Disney Parks streams I enjoyed have been the four parks with the sun rising... Just wish they played the theme park music over it... Reminds me, I have to find those videos again...

26. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: