Quantcast Disney's US theme parks are going vegan (from CNN)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney's US theme parks are going vegan (from CNN)

Vegans rejoice!

Disney's US theme parks are going vegan
    Jason Farkas, CNN • Published 24th September 2019

(CNN) — In a sign that veganism is making its way into the American mainstream, Disney announced Tuesday that plant-based food options will be added to every dining location in their US theme parks.
    More than 400 vegan dishes will be available at quick-service and table-service restaurants in Orlando, Florida's Walt Disney World in early October, followed by Anaheim, California's Disneyland in spring 2020.
    It's a major undertaking: There are more than 602 places to eat at The Walt Disney World in Orlando and Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, most of them uniquely themed to a theme park land or hotel.
    Soon each one will have a themed vegan option to match, such as the Star Wars-inspired "Tatooine Two Suns Hummus" in Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, or "Le Fou Festin" at the Be Our Guest Restaurant at Disney's Magic Kingdom, also in Orlando.

A new green leaf logo

The new additions extend beyond park walls: every dining location inside Disney's 36 Orlando and three Anaheim hotels will also get vegan options. They include "Carrot Gnocchi" at The Turf Club Bar and Grill at the Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and "Cauliflower Tacos" at The Wave of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
    From the "Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu" at Animal Kingdom to "Eggless Florentine" on Main Street U.S.A., Disney is being careful to call the items "plant-based" and not "vegan." That's because the exact definition of what qualifies as vegan has long been a moving target.
    To help guests easily spot the plant-based plates, Disney is marking each menu item with a new green leaf logo.
    However, the company did say that all of the items "are made without animal meat, dairy, eggs or honey," meeting the broadest definition of vegan cuisine.
    There are few places less hospitable for vegans and vegetarians than theme parks, where the standard fare is burgers and dogs. They are among the biggest sellers at Disney World,which serves 10 million burgers, 6 million hot dogs and 1.8 million pounds worth of its iconic turkey legs every year.
    The scarcity of plant-based meal options, plus the difficulty in identifying them, has led Disney's vegan fans to create their own online survival guides.

Paris and Hong Kong have plant-based options, too

There are plant-based food options at the international parks, including "Risotto-style Spelt with Mushrooms" at Disneyland Paris, "Pan-fried Vegetables with Plant-based Dumplings" at Hong Kong Disneyland, or "Caramel Mix Nuts Banana Cake" at Shanghai Disney Resort.
    But the plan to include a vegan option on every Disney menu is, for now, a US initiative.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

More details and a few previews of the new 400+ plant-based meals coming to the Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Name:  mnjbnghvgftwr1209-624x352.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  44.3 KB

ALL major quick and table service restaurants in US Disney Parks will soon be serving up plant-based options at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort – along with a new plant-based menu icon coming to Disney dining. Our guests will now be able to choose from hundreds of sweet and savory creations, including many brand-new dishes destined to become fan favorites!

Name:  left097867532245tghn.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  52.7 KB

These fun and flavorful options are made from plant-based ingredients like vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes – and are made without animal meat, dairy, eggs or honey. From comfort-food classics to exciting new dishes for the adventurer in all of us, everyone will find something to delight their tastebuds.

On October 1 at quick service locations and October 3 at table service locations, Walt Disney World Resort will launch the plant-based menu icon and introduce new options at our theme parks and resort hotels. If you’re craving tasty plant-powered snacks and treats during your visit, you can explore more than 400 craveable dishes!

Steamed Asian Dumplings from Le Cellier at Epcot – You’ll love these plant-based meat dumplings, served with bok choy, Chinese long beans, red peppers and radish in a delicious and fragrant Asian broth.
    Shiriki Noodle Salad from Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen at Magic Kingdom Park – This refreshing salad is made with noodles, edamame beans, mushrooms, green mango and cucumber, tossed with a sweet chili sauce.
    Felucian Garden Spread from Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort) – Made with plant-based “kefta,” herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish and pita, this is the perfect bite for your visit to a galaxy far, far away.

Name:  derecha576ythghftrews23.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  30.1 KB

Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl from Satu’li Canteen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – This taste of Pandora features crispy tofu, seasoned with chili-spice and topped with a crunchy vegetable slaw, boba balls and your choice of base and sauce.
    Plant-Based Cashew Cheescake from California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Just one of many scrumptious plant-based desserts available at Walt Disney World Resort.

The menu icon and many new plant-based options are coming to Disneyland resort in spring 2020, so you won’t have to wait long to savor exciting new flavors.

And across the world, we’re serving up delicious plant-based cuisine, including Risotto-style Spelt with Mushrooms at Disneyland Paris, Pan-fried Vegetables with Plant-based Dumplings at Hong Kong Disneyland, or Caramel Mix Nuts Banana Cake at Shanghai Disney Resort. When sailing the high seas with Disney Cruise Line there are bites to find, from a Plant-Based Chili Dog and Plant-Based Eggs to Chocolate Truffle Cake.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

5. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Bud!

Also posted the release from Disney with some of the dish preview pics
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

7. Thanks PopPhan, PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!! No more guessing when I’m in Disney world if something had to die for me to eat!

9. Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venus0880 View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!! No more guessing when I’m in Disney world if something had to die for me to eat!
    What about all the plants that had to die for you to eat? What ingredients are in organic fertilizers? You may want to do some research.

Yanking your chain, a little.....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

In some ways, I'm surprised it hasn't been a bigger deal sooner. In this day and age of menus watching out for allergies and gluten and fats and sugars, vegetarian and vegan dishes just make sense. I'm not vegetarian, but I know for a fact that there will be times some of the vegan options mentioned here will be a tasty change of pace from the chickens and burgers and cheese options I too often opt for!

12. Likes PopPhan, PunzelBelle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zero chance I will ever eat any of that but I guess it is a good thing for those that do. Having options is never a bad thing.

14. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Zero chance I will ever eat any of that but I guess it is a good thing for those that do. Having options is never a bad thing.

One time I purposely chose the vegan meal and it wasn't half bad. I still generally prefer my carnivorous options.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Stoked! Just went ovotarian bordering on vegan. I’ve been following vegan Disney blogs for a while now.
    I hope this continues into next years Epcot flower and garden and also the food and wine festivals. There were few options for my then limited meat mostly veggie diet at food and wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: