Quantcast 2 parents, 2 children, & 2 grandparents

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb 2 parents, 2 children, & 2 grandparents

I'm looking for recommendations for comfortable, economical accommodations for 2 parents, 2 children, and 2 grandparents.
    2 rooms? Suite? Deluxe rooms? DVC rentals?
    Thanks!
    There are two rules to success in life:
    1. Don't tell people everything you know.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably best bet, on site, would be All Stars Family Suite or Art of Animation Family Suite...For the few extra $$$, I would go Art of Animation (see below).

Family Suites
    Immerse yourself in the magic of spacious accommodations for parties up to 6—with room for the whole family to spread out—inspired by some of your favorite animated movies.

Family suites include a bedroom with one queen-size bed; one double-size convertible TableBed; one double-size sleeper sofa; living room; 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette.

Learn more about accommodations at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed in both a value suite and 2 connected rooms at a value. They each have their merits. However, the convenience and practicality of a suite almost can't be beaten. The separate bedroom for the grandparents will be greatly appreciated by them. The 'living room' with sofa and chairs is much more relaxing for weary bones at the end of a long day of walking, or simply for anyone that wants to stay in the room for a while and rest. I'd take a suite anytime my budget allowed. To boot, the value suites have 2 bathrooms.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not going to be nearly as economical, but it's tough to beat a "dedicated" (non-lockoff) 2BR villa at most of the DVC resorts. In a layout like the DVC 2BR, all 4 adults would have an actual bed, grandparents could have their own area, while the kids would sleep on a pullout sofa and/or sleeper chair. The villa has a full kitchen, dining area, balcony, multiple bathrooms, and even has an in-room washer/dryer, which can help ease some of the packing plans. But depending on where/when you stay, it could be a bit expensive. You might consider checking online for reputable places that allow members to sell their points to you on a rental basis - sometimes you can save quite a bit that way.

Good luck with your planning!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with @Thanxfornoticing, 2 bedroom DVC is great! My family has DVC and we used to stay at the Poly and love the 2 bedrooms, we save a ton on food by eating breakfast and most lunches in the room. My husband and I have rented points and saved money. It would be worth looking into and calculating the prices. Also, if your children are young having extra space is a big help when the kids are napping or sleeping. Good luck planning.

Post Thanks / Like

The cabins at Fort Wilderness can fit everyone...

Post Thanks / Like

My fave has been the 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs. We rented DVC points and it ended up being very reasonable. 2 bathrooms is a must and I loved having a washer/dryer and kitchen. We have also done several Hilton Vacation Club properties...the Hilton at Sea World was great- we had 2 full bedrooms and bathrooms, a full kitchen and living area. The downside of course is that it's not Disney, but it was a 12 minute drive to Epcot. The Hilton Buena Vista Palace is closer to Disney Springs than SS (we've stayed at both), and we loved the pool. It is very reasonable and we loved being able to walk to DS.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Our August trip was 2 grandparents (wife and I), my 18 YO son, and my daughter with our 2 grandkids (6 ppl total)

We did 2 rooms at AS Sports. It was a little more the a family suite at a value but having 2 separate rooms was nice.
    We didn't requesting adjoining rooms but did get them.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

How old are the kids? How mobile are the grandparents? Do you want a separate sleeping area for the kids, so that you can enjoy some adult time? Are you only wanting to stay on Disney property?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Having just stayed in the Art of Animation suites I would totally recommend them. The area has so much to offer all ages. I loved the close proximity to the new Skyliner. We were to EPCOT and HS in a blink! The longest travel time was to MK. The theming was top notch and the play areas were great for everyone. If you want the kids to have their own dedicated bed then I would suggest 2 rooms at any of the values. If you need more space I would highly recommend 2 rooms at Port Orleans Riverside as the kids would not have to share a bed in that room as you can request a 5th sleeper. Two rooms at POR are not much more than the suite at AoA. No matter where you end up it sounds like you are going to have a magical multi generation experience - Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: