Quantcast Spidey Trouble in MCU

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spidey Trouble in MCU

Did anyone else hear that Sony and Spider-Man might be parting ways with Disney and MCU? If true then it's a big bummer for Marvel fans, especially with Tony Stark / Robert Downey Jr. out and retired from MCU.

Tom Holland has done a great job playing Spider-Man and their two stand alone movies have been among the best put out under the Marvel banner. Tom and Spidey may live on as a Sony only offering, but all the tie-ins to MCU are what made it great.

Disney hasn't said anything yet, but Sony is pointing at Disney as the culprit here. BTW, Far From Home just surpassed Skyfall as Sony's biggest title with box office receipts of $1.1B.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Did anyone else hear that Sony and Spider-Man might be parting ways with Disney and MCU? If true then it's a big bummer for Marvel fans, especially with Tony Stark / Robert Downey Jr. out and retired from MCU.

Tom Holland has done a great job playing Spider-Man and their two stand alone movies have been among the best put out under the Marvel banner. Tom and Spidey may live on as a Sony only offering, but all the tie-ins to MCU are what made it great.

Disney hasn't said anything yet, but Sony is pointing at Disney as the culprit here. BTW, Far From Home just surpassed Skyfall as Sony's biggest title with box office receipts of $1.1B.
    I just read a couple interesting articles on this topic. It sounds like it could be a bit of a chess game. Sony cancelled the deal, reverting Spidey back to sole control of Sony and out of the MCU. One of the sidebar stories that might end up coming into play is the future of streaming. Iger just left the Board of Directors of Apple, Apple is looking to expand its streaming and the article is saying Sony could be ripe for a merger or take over. Which, apparently if Sony goes thru a merger, all rights to the Spidey universe (Spidey, Venom etc) revert back to Marvel.

There were a lot of possible outcomes, but in the end the authors of the article suggested it could be a mere waiting game, as Diseny eventually gets what it wants. As of now though, Spiderman is no longer part of MCU.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Spiderman, does anyone remember Spiderman from The Electric Company that played on PBS? That was my introduction to Spiderman.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

5. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And... Spider-man is back in the MCU... For one solo movie and one team up movie...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

7. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    And... Spider-man is back in the MCU... For one solo movie and one team up movie...
    Yes...woot woot! Just saw the news over the weekend. Plus they said Spidey could make appearances in other films as well. I've really enjoyed MCU, but I'd have to say the triple crown is really GotG, Thor Ragnarok and Spiderman with his collective work thus far.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Yes...woot woot! Just saw the news over the weekend. Plus they said Spidey could make appearances in other films as well. I've really enjoyed MCU, but I'd have to say the triple crown is really GotG, Thor Ragnarok and Spiderman with his collective work thus far.
    I think Fiege will find a way to give Spider-man his proper exit from the MCU... Honestly, I wish they would find a way to keep these cross overs going... And bring Venom and Carnage into the MCU next... Really shake things up!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: