I was at DisneyLand this week and went to the new Stars Wars land -- and rode the Millennium Falcon Ride. Some observations... somewhere I read the Walt's ideas for rides (particularly Haunted Mansion and Pirates -- and others) was to immerse the rider in a "movie" -- thus these rides take you on a journey through multiple scenes, creating a story. This new ride (and this isn't the only one) is basically just one experience/scene -- yes it takes you on a video journey, but this is not as satisfying as flying over London in Peter Pan or the battle scene in Pirates or Madame Leota. Every time my family goes to DL or WDW, we ride Mansion, Pirates, Peter Pan and others SEVERAL times. Frankly, the Millennium Falcon Ride felt like a one and done ride -- no interest in doing it again. I don't know if the immersive story rides are just to expensive nowadays or what makes them hard to do --- imagine a flying ride that takes your spacecraft into the Star Wars universe (not in a video) with the Millennium Falcon flying by, Star War cities below, flying through a battle, through an Ewok forest, seeing the Hologram Obi Wan Ken-obi scene "You're our only hope," etc -- where you physically see and experience these scenes -- it would be so much more satisfying than a video game... Just my opinion.

Elliott