Quantcast Epcot Makeover Rumours, An Overview... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh good, sounds like another total mess. Too many things under construction . Just close the park entirely and rebuild. I hate the walls, scrim and detours. EPCOT has never been a park I liked, didn't like the first week it opened and still don't.
    Anything they do has to be an improvement, just not all at once....
    I've been hearing Universal calling me an awful lot in the past few years.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    Oh good, sounds like another total mess. Too many things under construction . Just close the park entirely and rebuild. I hate the walls, scrim and detours. EPCOT has never been a park I liked, didn't like the first week it opened and still don't.
    Anything they do has to be an improvement, just not all at once....
    I've been hearing Universal calling me an awful lot in the past few years.
    Yep, Epcot will be a sea of construction walls for some time...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Any wagers on Disney's total capital budget for the five years ended 2022? Well over $1B for sure, but how much? So 2018 to 2022 is probably after Disney Springs and TSL, but covers most of SWL, the Skyliners, SW Hotel, Gran Destino, Riviera, possibly Reflections, WDW 50th anniversary upgrades, Epcot 50th reno...anything else?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Future World may be broken into three sections, each having their own name, and losing Future World title... Water feature by The Land is a maze, and should still be IP based... And looking more and more like a fountain of some kind will in fact replace Fountain of Nations...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Future World may be broken into three sections, each having their own name, and losing Future World title... Water feature by The Land is a maze, and should still be IP based... And looking more and more like a fountain of some kind will in fact replace Fountain of Nations...
    Do you ever have good news DF? j/k, thanks for the update.

Going back to watching videos of days gone by.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

7. Likes PopPhan, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Do you ever have good news DF? j/k, thanks for the update.

Going back to watching videos of days gone by.
    I thought no beer garden was good, oh wait, you all wanted a beer garden... Sorry lol.. Maybe the new fountain will be flowing with beers from all nations...

Also remember, these are just rumors... Some may happen, none may happen...

I just want to know what they are naming the space themed restaurant... something like OUT OF THIS WORLD FARE.... Nah, they won't be that unoriginal...

Post Thanks / Like

They should definitely drop Future World. I recommend calling it Randomland.

10. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I thought no beer garden was good, oh wait, you all wanted a beer garden... Sorry lol.. Maybe the new fountain will be flowing with beers from all nations...

Also remember, these are just rumors... Some may happen, none may happen...

I just want to know what they are naming the space themed restaurant... something like OUT OF THIS WORLD FARE.... Nah, they won't be that unoriginal...
    Is this where we get to make inappropriate comments about food and Uranus?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

12. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Is this where we get to make inappropriate comments about food and Uranus?
    Got for it... LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

No sense making a new thread regarding the Epcot make over, let's keep the discussion here...

Despite fumbling the surprise announcement, Disney allowed the media a preview of what is coming Sunday… And the majority of the WDW news will be Epcot, and since this is an Epcot thread that is where I will focus as most of these rumors are coming true…

First, new logo!!!! Epcot is going back to EPCOT, and the logo is going back to the retro all caps logo, so say goodbye to the Eisner era 2000’s colorful noise logo… Everything old is new again…

Disney has confirmed EPCOT will be broken up into four “neighborhoods” so say goodbye to Future World… No word on what the neighborhoods will be… But I think we can safely assume World Showcase (the name may also be going away) will be one of the neighborhoods… I think we’ll get the reveal on Sunday…

Disney confirms the Moana water feature… This will be inspired by Moana, and doesn’t seem to feature Moana or the characters directly… The symbol from the movie is front and center, and I would say possibly music from the movie will be the background music… The walk through maze/attraction will be titled JOURNEY OF WATER…

Disney released new EPCOT merchandise featuring the new logo… Pins featuring the symbols of each pavilion will be released for sale as well… And a new Mickey ears hat will be for sale… Reflective material… Not sure what the material is called… Yes, each pavilion will have its own symbol, much like when EPCOT first opened…

The new concept art reveals a really “green” former Future World… Lots of plants and trees… As stated before, Innoventions went is gone… A new Starbucks location will be built in approximately the same area… A festival canopy will be installed… A festival center will be constructed by Imagination (more about that pavilion later)…

No solid information about Seas getting any kind of change or update… Have to wait til Sunday to see if any changes are coming to Seas with Nemo…

No changes to the Land have been rumored…

Imagination is interesting though… On the EPCOT model, any pavilion getting a change, addition, or update has been included… And Imagination is on this model… Also, in the concept art, the building looks different somehow… Can’t put my finger on it, but something is different about it… Are we looking at a complete demolition and rebuild??? Or we looking at a removal or addition to the building??? Or are we looking at a new Imagination ride??? Is Inside Out finally moving in, since Chapek loves IP??? Maybe we’ll find out Sunday…

Innoventions East stays… But MouseGear will be refurbished and Electric Umbrella will be upgraded… Pin Trading station by Spaceship Earth will also be demolished… and the current employee lounge at Spaceship Earth will also be demolished, and according to the concept art, the current building attached to SSE will be either removed or shortened…

The name of the Guardians coaster should be revealed on Sunday, but they did reveal the entrance… The Nova Corp symbol should be located in front of the building… Another concept was to have Starlord’s ship on the roof of the entrance building… Doesn’t seem to be the one they went with though….

Play pavilion should be given its name on Sunday… And we should be getting the IPs that will be in this pavilion, along with the activities coming… Nothing more could be noticed on the concept art or model provided…

Nothing new with Mission Space and Test Track… But when you look at the concept art, you will see a long spire coming up from Mission Space and the Space Restaurant… That is the Space Elevator… Let me explain: in order to access the space restaurant, you’ll have to enter the space elevator… The elevator will then take you to the restaurant, except you aren’t really going up… You are staying in place but will feel like you are going up... If that sounds familiar, well, that is because THE HYDROLATORS ARE RETURNING!!! Not familiar with te Hydrolators?? OK, plain and simple… In the original Living Seas before Nemo moved in, the pavilion hasd a base called Sea Base Alpha… Part of the story of this pavilion was you would access Sea Base Alpha by taking an elevator down, under the sea… These were called Hydrolators… you didn’t really go anywhere, but the Hydrolators gave a sensation as if you were going down… Same will happen here, but you’ll feel like you are going up… Up into outer space… The restaurant’s name wasn’t provided however… I hope we get the name Sunday..

Spaceship Earth was also featured on the model…But nothing shows any refurb just yet, so the 2 year closure is still rumor… Well, it isn’t rumor, it is happening, just hasn’t been officially announced… And no information has seeped out regarding what will be coming to the new SSE… Except for a few minor notes regarding a change of load and unload, first have of the ride may be gutted and second have totally revamped… But to what??? Anyone’s guess… Maybe we’ll hear about this Sunday too…

TO BE CONTINUED

15. Thanks TheVBs, Goofy4TheWorld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Part 2:

Staying in what used to be Future World… Notice on the concept art where Fountain of Nations used to be… There appears to be a building there with a garden roof top… That should be the new festival center… The top with the garden is rumored to be a rooftop wine bar… The area under the garden with the glass windows looks to be a lounge, maybe for special events??? Or a staging area during festivals??? And on the first floor, looks like a pathway??? Can’t really tell… We’ll have to wait for specifics during the announcement on Sunday… Honestly, I thought the festival center was closer to Imagination but I don’t see that building on the concept art… I may be missing it…

I did fail to mention… Innoventions West area, there will be a new meet and greet building… No word on what characters will be meeting there…

The Odyssey will become a preview center… Displays and concept art will be included in the preview center giving guests a view of all the changes…
    Now, on to World Showcase…

The Mexico pavilion: There is a belief Coco is coming… Now, this Coco rumor has been around for a while… The original rumor was Coco was to replace Gran Fiesta Tour… That idea was scrapped a while back… But could it have been dusted off??? Maybe… Right now the Mariachi band has the puppet show… and there are a few Coco displays in the lobby… But that’s it for Coco… Are we getting more?? No idea… Basing off the new posters coming out, The Three Caballeros are featured on one poster and Coco on another… I think there may be a possibility Coco is added into a scene, maybe the Day of the Dead celebration portion, but I don’t think Coco is taking over the entire ride…

China is getting a new movie… France is getting Ratatouille… Canada getting a new movie… United Kingdom is getting, or at least should be getting a Mary Poppins Carousel AND possibly something else themed to either Winnie the Poor or Alice in Wonderland, or both… I’m thinking Alice since the White Rabbit appears on the new UK poster…

Disney has previously announced many closings come September 8th… However, they are using October 1, 2019 as the official beginning of Epcot’s, I mean EPCOT’s transformation…

That pretty much wraps up what is visible on the floor at the moment, confirming many of the rumors … There are also two additional posters with black covering over them with a sign WILL BE REVEALED SUNDAY… So, speculation is running wild what these two posters refer to…

I believe Brazil will be announced… I really truly feel we are finally getting a new country… The rumored location: Between Italy and Germany…

The second poster could be the Mary Poppins Carousel poster… Maybe it has something to do with Imagination… Maybe it is something not on the rumor radar… I cannot wait til Sunday!!!

17. Thanks TheVBs, Goofy4TheWorld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a lot of info. It's gonna take my brain a while to process it all. The Hydrolator thing sounds pretty cool.

I hope they keep Figment in there somewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to write it all out.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Thank you for writing all that info out DizneyFreak!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't they drop EPCOT at this point? Or are they going to pretend it never really meant anything anyway?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: