Quantcast Large group going Disney world fall of 2020 when should we start planning?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Large group going Disney world fall of 2020 when should we start planning?

Trying to put together a group maybe 15 to 20 rooms needed. Friends and family members when would you all recommend we start booking. Of course airfare is not out yet for Late September / October of 2020 but room rates are. What do you normally book first?

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When we are going as a large group, we normally figure out when we are going and where we are staying first. Then I book our rooms through Magical Journeys. They have always been amazing about taking care of everyone's room reservations. It takes a lot of stress off of me.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

You should have your resort reservations in place prior to the 180 day mark so you can make your Advance Dining Reservations.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Since planning is part of the fun, you can start talking about the "must-do"'s at anytime. The important dates are the 180-day mark, to make your ADR's. You can book your preferred days at the hotel anytime, but it may with worth waiting for a while to see if any deals/discounts become available.

I recommend using Magical Journeys, they can sort out the booking logistics of a big group, so you don't have to!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

You'll have to think about which meals you might want to try and do together. If you're talking 15-20 rooms potentially, that sounds like 30-50 people. There are not many places that can easily accommodate a group like that - you'll likely be dividing into 2, 3, 4 or more tables. But we've experienced 21/22 people at the same table at places like 'OHana, Boma, and China. You'll have other options where they'll be able to get 10-12 at each table near each other. It really depends on who wants to join in what meals!

It will be a lot of planning, but it will be an experience you will never forget. Best of luck on this planning adventure!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Disney World has a special phone number for groups needing 10 rooms or more. There are probably special discounts. And I think they can arrange for group meals, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't plan on doing everything together as a big group. That will become a nightmare for you. Plan on breaking up into small groups and then meeting for a meal or doing certain rides together etc.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Don't plan on doing everything together as a big group. That will become a nightmare for you. Plan on breaking up into small groups and then meeting for a meal or doing certain rides together etc.
    Agreed 100%. Very good advice. Trying to have everyone together all the time just ruins the fun.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: