Quantcast Large group going Disney world fall of 2020 when should we start planning?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Large group going Disney world fall of 2020 when should we start planning?

Trying to put together a group maybe 15 to 20 rooms needed. Friends and family members when would you all recommend we start booking. Of course airfare is not out yet for Late September / October of 2020 but room rates are. What do you normally book first?

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When we are going as a large group, we normally figure out when we are going and where we are staying first. Then I book our rooms through Magical Journeys. They have always been amazing about taking care of everyone's room reservations. It takes a lot of stress off of me.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

You should have your resort reservations in place prior to the 180 day mark so you can make your Advance Dining Reservations.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03
    ASMu 8/12, 5/20
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Since planning is part of the fun, you can start talking about the "must-do"'s at anytime. The important dates are the 180-day mark, to make your ADR's. You can book your preferred days at the hotel anytime, but it may with worth waiting for a while to see if any deals/discounts become available.

I recommend using Magical Journeys, they can sort out the booking logistics of a big group, so you don't have to!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Nightlife, Shopping & Waterparks, Collectibles

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

You'll have to think about which meals you might want to try and do together. If you're talking 15-20 rooms potentially, that sounds like 30-50 people. There are not many places that can easily accommodate a group like that - you'll likely be dividing into 2, 3, 4 or more tables. But we've experienced 21/22 people at the same table at places like 'OHana, Boma, and China. You'll have other options where they'll be able to get 10-12 at each table near each other. It really depends on who wants to join in what meals!

It will be a lot of planning, but it will be an experience you will never forget. Best of luck on this planning adventure!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Disney World has a special phone number for groups needing 10 rooms or more. There are probably special discounts. And I think they can arrange for group meals, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't plan on doing everything together as a big group. That will become a nightmare for you. Plan on breaking up into small groups and then meeting for a meal or doing certain rides together etc.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Don't plan on doing everything together as a big group. That will become a nightmare for you. Plan on breaking up into small groups and then meeting for a meal or doing certain rides together etc.
    Agreed 100%. Very good advice. Trying to have everyone together all the time just ruins the fun.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: