Quantcast Big Announcement From Universal - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

Your Daughter or you?
    Lol. My daughter. Now if it was LoZ, that would be me.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    That's awesome she loved hearing that... Just please remember, these are rumors... nothing is confirmed until Universal confirms it... and even then, nothing is set in stone til actually built...
    Yeah, I warned her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Horrible SW films may be a matter of opinion. I agree that TLJ was an abysmal mess, but we're getting good vibes from ROS coming this December. TFA was a fun nostalgia ride, but Rogue On may be the crowning jewel of the franchise thus far. Solo could have been about 30 minutes shorter, but I liked the concept and was super stoked to see Opie reunited with Lucas and Ford over the film.

That said, Disney paid just over $4B for SW in 2012 and the four films since have box office receipts of nearly $5B. They also paid just over $4B for Marvel back in and those 16 films since have box office receipts of over $18B. Finally, Disney paid just over $7B for Pixar in 2006 and their receipts since have been over $10B on 14 films. And that's just the box office receipts, not to mention all the licensing fees, parks tie-ins and upcoming Disney+ series that will yield subscribers. Sure, Marvel is the super star, but pretty solid investments overall!
    I can see Pixar and Marvel continuing to rake in the money. I think Star Wars did that well because people expected it to be like the old Star Wars. I don't think it will continue unless they change the way they do the movies. I know A LOT of die hard Star Wars fans who aren't really interested in seeing another Star Wars movie that Disney makes.

5. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
    Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I can see Pixar and Marvel continuing to rake in the money. I think Star Wars did that well because people expected it to be like the old Star Wars. I don't think it will continue unless they change the way they do the movies. I know A LOT of die hard Star Wars fans who aren't really interested in seeing another Star Wars movie that Disney makes.
    I am in that camp. I am a huge fan of the original Star Wars concept. These new ones I can't watch. I make only make it about 10 or 15 minutes in and lose interest.

7. Likes texas211, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'd have to say the jury is still out on this one. This December's film will mark the end of the third trilogy and effectively the end of the Skywalker story. After that Disney has plans for additional SW movies in 2022, 2024 and 2026. Maybe another trilogy? Maybe three more stand alone titles. I'm sure Disney has already made their money back on SW and will continue to rake in money despite what your vast number of die hard SW fan friends may think. It's a great property to own!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'd have to say the jury is still out on this one. This December's film will mark the end of the third trilogy and effectively the end of the Skywalker story. After that Disney has plans for additional SW movies in 2022, 2024 and 2026. Maybe another trilogy? Maybe three more stand alone titles. I'm sure Disney has already made their money back on SW and will continue to rake in money despite what your vast number of die hard SW fan friends may think. It's a great property to own!
    They will continue to make money for a while based on the name alone. I am not sure it will continue for 3 more generations though.

10. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They will continue to make money for a while based on the name alone. I am not sure it will continue for 3 more generations though.
    Yep! Pop culture is a relatively recent phenomenon, basically just about a century old. Heck, maybe old Walt even started it with Mickey Mouse in 1928. With Hollywood basically at a loss for new ideas and rock & roll essentially already dead. Professional sports seem to be hanging on despite their dings with politics, officiating and athlete safety. However, it should be interesting to see what our great grand kids interest is in things like Mickey Mouse, Stark Trek, Bruce Springsteen or the New England Patriots. Let alone going to visit a theme park when you might be able to have an even better experience in your own living room. Who knows?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! Pop culture is a relatively recent phenomenon, basically just about a century old. Heck, maybe old Walt even started it with Mickey Mouse in 1928. With Hollywood basically at a loss for new ideas and rock & roll essentially already dead. Professional sports seem to be hanging on despite their dings with politics, officiating and athlete safety. However, it should be interesting to see what our great grand kids interest is in things like Mickey Mouse, Stark Trek, Bruce Springsteen or the New England Patriots. Let alone going to visit a theme park when you might be able to have an even better experience in your own living room. Who knows?
    No, it will all change with Zefram Cochrans first warp jump in about 35 years.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

13. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With Hollywood basically at a loss for new ideas and rock & roll essentially already dead. . . or the New England Patriots
    Right? Like Disney just making live action remakes or Frozen 2 instead of coming up with new animated movie ideas. How the Cowboys have always been "America's Team", but you mention the New England Patriots. Is Bruce Springsteen even a thing now? I don't hear "Born in the USA" played anywhere. Star Trek will probably live on, unless someone comes along and makes their fans unhappy.

Post Thanks / Like

Star Trek will probably live on, unless someone comes along and makes their fans unhappy.

Too late, they've done that.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings