Quantcast Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon

Which do you prefer and why? Also, I can imagine that walking around in bare feet would be very hot in August. Do people wear water shoes or sandals....I mean when you walk to an attraction.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to prefer Typhoon Lagoon but now I think I like Blizzard Beach better. If you like big waves, I'd go with Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach's waves seem gentler to me. We typically stick to the big pool and the lazy river. I do wear water shoes when I go to the water park - not so much for the temperature of the ground (though that can get hot) but because it is easy to scrape your feet on the bottom of the pools - particularly the wave pool.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I think we'd lean 51-49 toward BB, mostly because they have some really fun body and 'mat' slides. The toboggan run is a lot of fun with a group. We do find that BB tends to have us doing a bit more climbing of stairs to get to where we want to go. They do have the ski lift that will take you up the 'mountain', but that's a slow-mover and can create a long line.

Both are a lot of fun. Water shoes can save your feet some pain!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Your responses were most helpful! I think I'd prefer the smaller waves! And water shoes it is.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Typhoon Lagoon for the theming. It's all 50's and 60's beach party music (think Beach Boys and Jan & Dean!). I like the tropical feeling of the whole resort, and I like how you can find some tropical jungle like quiet spots around the park. Blizzard Beach is great too but it just feels more "cartoony", if that makes sense? The buildings look like they're from a colourful cartoon and the alligator character's pic is everywhere. It's fine -- like I said, I just prefer Typhoon Lagoon.
    And oh my gosh yes, water shoes FOR SURE! The bottoms of the pools and lazy river can sometimes have rough concrete. I've scraped my toes a couple times in a big wave or walking along the bottom of the lazy river. And you're right -the concrete DOES get hot. You don't want to have to skip from puddle to puddle!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

7. Likes mydisneygirls liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media: