Quantcast Crowd Concerns

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Crowd Concerns

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowd Concerns

I am a DVC member who made plans last November to visit with extended family this Fall. I planned on the last week of September hoping for lower crowds but then the announcement that Stars Wars land will be partially open. We are a party of 9 with ages ranging from 5 to 73 so I knew rope dropping at 9am would be a challenge. Now HS is opening at 6am and MK and AK are opening at 7am every day of our visit and I know that is too early for us to enjoy. Starting to panic that crowds will now be unbearable and stressing out that we can't make it to rope drop in 3 of the 4 parks. Someone talk me off the ledge!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be there at the same time as you. I expect the HS will be crazy crowded with SWGE opening but I think the other three parks should be fine. At least, this is what I'm counting on! I'm not concerned one way or the other tho as end of September, early October is a really good time to visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY GOOFY View Post
    I am a DVC member who made plans last November to visit with extended family this Fall. I planned on the last week of September hoping for lower crowds but then the announcement that Stars Wars land will be partially open. We are a party of 9 with ages ranging from 5 to 73 so I knew rope dropping at 9am would be a challenge. Now HS is opening at 6am and MK and AK are opening at 7am every day of our visit and I know that is too early for us to enjoy. Starting to panic that crowds will now be unbearable and stressing out that we can't make it to rope drop in 3 of the 4 parks. Someone talk me off the ledge!!
    It's not hopeless. Lower your expectations, make fastpasses for the three most important rides per park, arrive as early as you can and enjoy the things that you CAN do. Go to touringplans.com and make touring plans for each park/day based on your fastpasses and time of arrival. Also, make reservations for all meals if you can, just to know you won't go hungry...

Post Thanks / Like

Back away from the ledge. I would think that crowds in DHS will be insane, and that will be a park that will be a challenge, but otherwise, I think the others will be much more manageable. No panicking allowed (although, I totally get it, I'm freaking out too about our trip).

I'd make some good plans, with FP+ and meals booked, and do what else you can. A couple earlier mornings, as early as is realistic for you may help, but some later evenings can also help.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the world of September visitors! It's been tough planning and trying not to freak.

November is a bit different in that both SWL rides will be open. Presumably, more Star Wars fans will be at WDW.

We have a big birthday celebration, multiple generations, lots of people. We're planning to avoid SWL entirely. And since we're off property - no rope drops and few FPs at HS for sure - we'll probably avoid Slinky Dog and the Aliens.

Keep checking resort bookings to see if they're looking normal for November. 60 day FPs have come and gone for early September with most folks seeming to get close to what they wanted.

It may be that the other parks will be almost normal. Since we're off property we can't use all the EMHs but I'm not sure we're would, with a big crowd.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't expect low crowds at any park. There have been days when park attendance seems to be lower than others but I haven't found any times this entire year when I would describe the crowds as low. Make good use of fastpass options to get the rides that are most important to your group members. Make plans to stand in line for other rides. Go with the flow and use the Disney app to get updates on which lines have low wait times. There may be occasions that you will need to wait in a longer line than you would like so you will need to make decisions as to whether the wait in line time will justify getting on a particular ride.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Basically is turning in a bender at Vegas. Drink gallons of red bull, never sleep, spend crazy money.

Hmm, I spend less money when I go to Vegas.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite