Quantcast Hollywood Studio tiers are now insane!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hollywood Studio tiers are now insane!

You have got to be kidding me!

Hollywood Studios will have new tiers effective August 29th (also opening day for Galaxy’s Edge).

Tier one will be essentially ALL RIDES (except for Star Tours) and Tier 2 will be ALL SHOWS.

So Tier 1 is:
    Slinky Dog Dash
    Alien Swirling Saucers
    Toy Story Mania
    Tower of Terror
    Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster

Tier 2 is:
    Star Tours
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    Disney Junior Dance Party
    Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
    Indiana Jones
    Muppet Vision
    Fantasmic
    Beauty and the Beast

What a total joke. I am still fired up or charging resort guests over parking, and now this. My wife has an itch to go again so I caved and booked a trip for December, but this really makes me want to either forget the trip or at least give Hollywood Studio the middle finger and stay away (and miss by beloved RnRc). I hate Star Wars even more now.

Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

2. Thanks eam, magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Likes eam liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a bit ridiculous. With all the new rides, Rockin' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror should be Tier 2.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    That is a bit ridiculous. With all the new rides, Rockin' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror should be Tier 2.
    It absolutely is ridiculous - especially since RnR and TOT currently ARE tier 2. With no FP for Star Wars and access to only one of the attractions per day, it'll be interesting to see what it does for Studios. I wonder if they'll ever have FP for either of the SW attractions. If so, they'll probably be tier 0.5 - you can only get one per resort stay!

Post Thanks / Like

This just seems odd.... I can't really fathom why? I'd imagine EVENTUALLY star wars will be tier 1...and then when the Mickey ride opens it will be as well.

Though to be fair the rides at Epcot are broken up into pretty much the same types of groups so...

edit: So in talking with a friend who works for disney parks its them trying to keep things a little more civil with crowds expected due to star wars. Need to spread the wealth somehow and while some of us have no issues getting the fastpasses they want you don't want a huge percentage of guests to your park not being able to get into star wars land AND not get a fast pass for even one ride.

I'm not thrilled but I get it.
    Last edited by Dulcee; 06-06-2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: additional info
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

This is indeed very frustrating. I guess they want to be sure everyone gets a Tier 1 FP, so they feel like they are getting a "good" ride?

I wonder what this will do to lines, are the non-Star Wars crowds going to be so big that everything in the park will be a standstill, or will so many be in Galaxy's Edge that the rest of the rides actually aren't so bad, even without a FP?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

8. Likes PopPhan, magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I wonder what this will do to lines, are the non-Star Wars crowds going to be so big that everything in the park will be a standstill, or will so many be in Galaxy's Edge that the rest of the rides actually aren't so bad, even without a FP?
    After my gut don't like change reaction my next thought was I wonder if it will actually make lines more manageable all around the park?
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I still detest fastpass -
    Jeff

11. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
    Likes eam, Cinderelley, texas211, Tink1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    This. The geniuses who came up with FPminus ruined a great system. And instead of admitting it and cutting their losses, they continue to double down on a bad idea.

It's should be simple enough, you can't get a FP until you enter a gate.

13. Likes Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    This. The geniuses who came up with FPminus ruined a great system. And instead of admitting it and cutting their losses, they continue to double down on a bad idea.

As nice as that may sound, it would be a detriment to any who could, or would, not be at the park within an hour of rope drop. That was always the case for the "Tier 1" attractions when the 'paper' FastPass system was in place.

There is no way to make everyone happy, no matter the system used. Just remember that you are in Walt Disney World and that you know the 'system' better than most...and smile!!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

15. Likes Dulcee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to Hollywood studios yesterday and I haven’t been in years. It rained for about an hour and emptied the park. We found the rain fun and pin trading as well. But other than rain and pin trading we were totally bored. We tend to go for snacks and although I read tons of blogs and was familiar enough we could only find a few of the treats and it was the ones we didn’t want to bother with. Restaurants were closed everywhere. Shops were closed. The park is laid out poorly compared to the others. Really there was nothing to do in there. We like going to the other parks even just for the scenery, pin trading and snacks and often don’t bother with rides. I’m not sure I’d bother going back to Hollywood ever again if it wasn’t to see the new Star Wars stuff when it comes. We left the park after only a few hours hungry.
    We ended the day heading over to Epcot and having a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

FP is practically useless at Hollywood, and then its there just enough to gum up the system. Progress strikes again. Be like Disneyland SW, no FP system at all.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    As nice as that may sound, it would be a detriment to any who could, or would, not be at the park within an hour of rope drop. That was always the case for the "Tier 1" attractions when the 'paper' FastPass system was in place.

There is no way to make everyone happy, no matter the system used. Just remember that you are in Walt Disney World and that you know the 'system' better than most...and smile!!!!
    Not true. Not true at all. FPs can rationed out during the course of the day.

And trust me, if it wasn't because my wife enjoyed it so much, I would never set foot in a Disney park again. FP minus ruined it by turning a vacation into a job you have to pay to go to.

19. Likes texas211, Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PunzelBelle View Post
    Went to Hollywood studios yesterday and I haven’t been in years. It rained for about an hour and emptied the park. We found the rain fun and pin trading as well. But other than rain and pin trading we were totally bored. We tend to go for snacks and although I read tons of blogs and was familiar enough we could only find a few of the treats and it was the ones we didn’t want to bother with. Restaurants were closed everywhere. Shops were closed. The park is laid out poorly compared to the others. Really there was nothing to do in there. We like going to the other parks even just for the scenery, pin trading and snacks and often don’t bother with rides. I’m not sure I’d bother going back to Hollywood ever again if it wasn’t to see the new Star Wars stuff when it comes. We left the park after only a few hours hungry.
    We ended the day heading over to Epcot and having a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Left to my own devices, DHS is a half day park for me.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

21. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not true. Not true at all. FPs can rationed out during the course of the day.

And trust me, if it wasn't because my wife enjoyed it so much, I would never set foot in a Disney park again. FP minus ruined it by turning a vacation into a job you have to pay to go to.
    AMEN Brother!

Yeah. Left to my own devices, DHS is a half day park for me.
    Yeah, even Fantasmic doesn't entice me to stay. It'll be a long time before we venture back to DHS after the SW nightmare opens. I'm not dealing w/ that. Kinda like Harry Potter, it was a few years before we tackled that. I figure in 3 or 4 years Disney will totally destroy the SW franchise, might thin the heard. If not, time will help w/ attrition a little bit.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

It's always good to come back to "News/Rumors" on INTERCOT any time I've been getting too fond of Disney. All the anger, resentment, cynicism and frustration help me dial back my Disney enthusiasm to be more level with normal people.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

24. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely! Everything as a normal line. Equality.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

26. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TracyL View Post
    It's always good to come back to "News/Rumors" on INTERCOT any time I've been getting too fond of Disney. All the anger, resentment, cynicism and frustration help me dial back my Disney enthusiasm to be more level with normal people.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Booking Fastpasses does that too.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

28. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We were just in Disneyland and they still do it that way. Let me tell you, it's wonderful. You can pay an extra fee for MAXPASS to be able to select FPs on the phone app rather that go to the physical locations, and it included PhotoPass pics. We were able to get so much done.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

30. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    We were just in Disneyland and they still do it that way. Let me tell you, it's wonderful. You can pay an extra fee for MAXPASS to be able to select FPs on the phone app rather that go to the physical locations, and it included PhotoPass pics. We were able to get so much done.
    It's disneyland, you can touch both sides of the park by standing at the "castle." Its now WDW
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    It's disneyland, you can touch both sides of the park by standing at the "castle." Its now WDW
    I was able to get a lot more done in a day with the old Fastpass system in WDW than I am these days with FP+ and rides having FP that don't need it. Maxpass is essential digital legacy Fastpass and it works. Now, everything isn't even as crowds have steadily increased and I'm also carting a 4 year old around these day, but having just been in WDW in November and now Disneyland in April with pretty big crowds at both places, Maxpass made the crowds a lot more bearable. The attraction count at Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom are pretty comparable.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: