My DD wants to do a family trip to WDW with her in-laws. (Yes, she gets along with them very well.) She roped me into planning it for them as she was pulling cactus needles out of my behind (if I told you the story behind that, you might laugh yourself to death.) How can I say no? I mean, it's Disney - plus she had me at a disadvantage with multiple sharp things stabbing me.
DSIL is the only one who has been to WDW and that is only limited to our trip last year. When his mom asked him "what was your favorite part?", he replied "Everything". I was pretty happy to hear that. His sister has been to Disneyland once, which was last weekend for a graduation trip with her friends.
DD told me to plan a 9 day trip, so I broke out the old spreadsheet and jotted some stuff down based on what I know about them. Then DD said "You're coming over to their house on June 2 and telling them all about Disney World." Hmmm, that's a lot of information to throw at people who have no basis for understanding it.
They wanted to know how much money they needed to save, so I made a powerpoint presentation giving them some different resort options and table service restaurant options that they might enjoy based on a 9 day trip. I went over last night and reviewed it with them. Then it started - the Disney fever in the girls.
Now don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of men on here that love Disney World, and I love hearing your points of view. Stories of walking down Main St with your sons, etc, are a sure fire way to make me cry, but I don't ever see guys with the dreamy "I can be a princess (well prince)" look in their eyes. I think that practical side of the male brain holds them back as they see dollars floating into nothingness.

The "meeting" lasted for an hour. DSIL's dad started out with "9 days is a long time" to which DD countered "when I first saw the spreadsheet with 9 days, I thought it was a short trip." It was funny to see how the girls worked on him to get a two week trip.

Somewhere in the middle of the meeting -
DD: "Mom, how long would the trip have to be in order to go to DHS for two days and AK for two days?"
Me: "Well, how many days do you want to spend at MK and the Food & Wine Festival?"
DD: "How long do you guys want to spend at the F&W Festival. It will take at least two days to try all the different foods there."
DSIL's sister looking at the Bon Voyage Breakfast on the powerpoint: "Oh I want to eat here. I want to see Ariel and Rapunzel." (gives her dad the "please daddy" look. DD writes Bon Voyage breakfast on the 'for sure' list.)
DSIL's mom: "We're gonna be there, so we may as well try everything. It will be a nice break from all the same stuff we eat here. I still want to do what Lillian did (referring to my granddaughter going to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique)."
DD: "We can get dressed up for the halloween party. The Halloween party can be one of our days at MK."
Me, catching the 'one of our days at MK' part: "Well, if you want to spend two days at each park that is 8 days, but you'll need rest days also."
DD: "So 8 days at the parks and 2 rest days is 10 days."
Me, not really thinking about DSIL's dad's resistance to more days: "Three rest days would probably be better. You'll have the two little kids and DSIL's grandfather."
DD: "So 11 days."
DSIL's dad looks over at his father and says "I may need to go get a pacemaker from the doctor like yours if they keep this up."
DSIL joking around "We could just go for three weeks."
DSIL's dad: "I refuse to go for three weeks."
Me, teasingly look over at my DD and say loudly: "He ruled out 3 weeks, but he didn't specify that he wouldn't go for 2 weeks."
DSIL's dad looks like he got hit over the head with a large object.
I redirected the conversation to whether they wanted to hit the Pandora area at night or during the day. DSIL's dad is a big Avatar fan. I had included a youtube video of Flight of Passage in the powerpoint.
After discussing how it is better at night, DD brings up spending one evening at the Boardwalk, getting a babysitter for the kids and spending some fun time at Jellyrolls.
DSIL's mom: "That is a great idea since Krystal (DSIL's sister) will be 21 then. She can join us."
DD: "Well, that makes 12 days."
DSIL's mom: "13 is my lucky number. We can't do 12. We have to do 13."
DSIL's dad gives her a look.
DSIL's mom: "What? You have plenty of vacation days saved up."
DSIL's dad: "There's a reason for that. I don't take vacations."
DSIL: "You may as well make it 14 days. You'll want a day to relax before you go back to work."
DSIL's sister: "Yeah dad. You never take vacation. Tomorrow is your birthday, and you are still going to work." (another 'please daddy' look)
DSIL's dad looks like his defenses are crumbling.
DSIL's mom: "You guys better make him commit to it now. He won't do it at a later time."
Me: "Don't forget that part of that is travel time. It isn't like you'll be there all 14 days. Plus, work won't be able to call you in. You'll be out of state. It will be a nice break for you."
DSIL's dad: "They will still call me and need me to do stuff remotely."
Me: "They have wifi and a business center at the Contemporary."
DSIL's dad: "I have a hot spot, and I'll just bring my laptop."
DSIL's mom: "Ok, you guys plan it and we'll follow you around."
DD: "Ok mom. Here's the list of restaurants they definitely want so far."
DSIL's dad, looking thoroughly defeated: "Buffets are good."