Quantcast AP Expiration Date Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default AP Expiration Date Question

We are DVC members and usually get an AP to do 2 trips on one AP. We are going to be cutting it close the next 2 years. If we get an AP and use it August 24, 2019 can we use it on August 24, 2020 or does it expire August 23, 2020? I have read that the pass is good for 366 days, but 2020 is a leap year so I am thinking it may expire August 23? Thanks for the help
    Contemp '78
    Offsite '84 & '88
    GF 11/02
    Beach Club 11/04
    GF 7/05
    GC DL 7/1-7/4/07
    BWV 11/3-11/07
    SSR 5/15-20/09
    BLT 11/6-14/10
    BLT 5/9-13/11
    BLT 6/23-7/1/12
    BLT 8/17-25/13
    BLT 8/23-31/14
    BLT 6/20-28/15
    GC DL 6/21-25/16
    BLT 8/26-9/3/17
    BLT 8/25-9/2/18
    BLT 8/24-9/1/19
    GF 8/28-9/5/21

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

From the Disney site:

Q.
    When does my Walt Disney World Annual Pass expire?

A.
    If you have linked your Annual Pass to your Disney account, you can check the expiration date on the My Reservations or My Profile pages of My Disney Experience. Please note that the Water Park After 2 Annual Pass will only appear in My Reservations.

We can also provide your Annual Pass expiration date at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window or a Disney Springs Guest Relations location. To verify your identity, please bring a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.

For more information, please call (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277—or use the Annual Passholder Help Form to email our dedicated Help Team with any questions you may have about your annual pass. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
    From Disney's mom's panel:

“Can I use my annual pass on the expiration date?” Hi Charlie,

Yes! You will have full benefits of your annual pass through the expiration date listed on your pass. We planned a visit last spring based on the expiration date of my daughter's annual pass and managed to get in two theme parks on her final day as a passholder. (She's gone to college out of state. Otherwise, she would still be a passholder.)
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Passes are good for 366 total days, regardless of leap year status. In non-leap years tickets expire "one extra day" past the 12-month mark. In leap years they expire at exactly 12 months.

Annual passes ACTIVATED (which is when the countdown starts, NOT the date of first use) on 08/24/2019 will be valid for use up to AND including 08/24/2020.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    Annual passes ACTIVATED (which is when the countdown starts, NOT the date of first use) on 08/24/2019 will be valid for use up to AND including 08/24/2020.
    This is no longer true. The process changed late last year. The clock now starts ticking with first day of use, allowing the guest to "activate" it before it is actually used. It still has to be activated in person, but that can now be done at any Guest Relations window OR at any open ticket booth (still can't do it at the resorts). The expiration date will be updated in your MDE account the first time the AP is used to enter a park. It will be good until all parks have closed on the expiration date.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

6. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: