New dates for end of August have opened up for the After Hour Events at MK and AK. Even though they seem pricey I am considering them, especially MK.

I have the choice of a MVMHP or the after hours of MK. The advantages of HP are seeing the new Halloween fireworks and I love the Hocus Pocus Show. Not really interested in much else that is special during that event, except seeing the fun costumes. The parade is also fun, but I have seen it several times. Disadvantage- it will be crowded and not much ride time. Also, not really in a Halloween mood that early in the season. It will be my only MK Park time that trip.

Since you can get into the park at 7 pm I would be able to see fireworks for the after hours night.

I think the after hours event at MK sounds like a better choice since it will cooler at night (August heat and humidity - ugh). Plus I will miss the crowds. I have mobility issues ( bad knee) and I hate the heat.

For AK it looks like a lot of the actual Animal areas and the shows are closed. I haven’t been able to spend a lot of time in Pandora at night and I would love to just soak up all the lights and atmosphere of the area in the quiet darkness.

I won’t ride FOP but I do enjoy the Navi River. Can you go to the FOP preshow and then take a chicken exit. I did that for Harry Potter Gringotts at Universal and reallyenjoyed the details.

If I get to AK at 7 I am figuring I could do the safari and maybe the walk through on the trail then by that time it will probably close in Africa. I would get to see Rivers of Light and the tree awakening and check out the other sections of the park. I am guessing the Asia walking trail is closed by 8. So the only ride I would probably do is Navi River and maybe something in Dinoland. I have not really been to that section of park.

Not sure if AK would be worth the money for me for that event but the idea of nighttime in the park sounds nice. And maybe not quite as humid/hot at night? Normally we get to AK for early entry and leave after a lunch at a Flametree when it first opens.