Quantcast Watch your pups with other dogs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch your pups with other dogs

While I am not anti breeds such as pit bulls people need to watch their family pets and remember they are dogs, not people, no matter how close you are to your pets.

In the last few weeks I have had two friends attacked by their dogs or had their dog attacked.

In one case, a friend was in the face of her beloved part pit bull and he bit her face, just barely missing her eye. She blames herself since she was so close to his mouth and it was treat related. Never put your face close to a dog. I have a part golden/part rottie and I always told the girls NEVER get in his face. We raised him from 6 weeks old and now he is 14. But he does have powerful jaws and you just never know.

Yesterday a friend was with a lady she is friends with and the lady has a pit bull. My friend had her 2 small dogs with her and the pit bull attacked one of her babies. It wasn’t killed instantly but was hurt very bad ( no graphic details here) and had to be euthanized. My friend is devastated. Never trust a bigger dog with toy breeds.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry about your friend's dog. It is so rough to lose a furbaby.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry about your friends fur baby. I've had my Doxie since she was 10 weeks old. We have never had a problem with her. I still stay away at time as she is food motivated. We recently hit a 4 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback/ lab mix. He's sweet and very affectionate. I still am getting to know him and keep my face at a distance.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

The best advice is to just stay away from pit bulls. They are unpredictable and have natural protective as well as killer instincts that were breed into them. Typically one of the last things a pit bull owner tells you just before you are bitten is how sweet they are and they have never bitten anyone. They bite and kill things......it is what they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    So sorry about your friends fur baby. I've had my Doxie since she was 10 weeks old. We have never had a problem with her. I still stay away at time as she is food motivated. We recently hit a 4 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback/ lab mix. He's sweet and very affectionate. I still am getting to know him and keep my face at a distance.
    Our rhodesian ridgeback has food aggression issues, but I think that is from some of the things a previous owner did to her. She has a sad, sad story, and we got her from the rescue that saved her. She is also the most protective one out of all of our dogs though. I'm sure he'll be a good addition to your family once he settles in.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: