Quantcast Child Swap and Fast Pass plus?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Child Swap and Fast Pass plus?

Help, I'm confused and want to plan appropriately!

When it comes to fast pass plus and child swapping, do both adults need a fast pass plus in order to utilize the fastpass line and obtain a child swap?

aka:
    Only Dad has a fast pass for Splash Mountain.
    Dad gets in fast pass line, Mom gets a child swap.
    Dad rides.
    Mom uses child swap to hop into fast pass line with child swap pass.

I ask only because there is conflicting information. Two pages on the disney mom's panel website (an official disney site) say you only need a fast pass for the original rider. But on our last trip a cast member at one ride said we both needed the fast pass. Other cast members said no, only the original riders. I'm so confused.

I'm by no means trying to skirt rules, I just want to plan my fast passes appropriately.
    Thanks!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DD and DSIL had fastpasses for both of them when they baby swapped my DGD. Also be aware that they were not allowed to use the single rider like and use baby swap.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone interested I emailed disney and was told "they recently changed their policy" and that all riders utilizing child swap via a fast pass line need a fast pass. This is frustrating as the mom panel pages that clearly say only the riders in the first group using child swap need a fast pass is STILL active and is a disney run page.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

5. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    For anyone interested I emailed disney and was told "they recently changed their policy" and that all riders utilizing child swap via a fast pass line need a fast pass. This is frustrating as the mom panel pages that clearly say only the riders in the first group using child swap need a fast pass is STILL active and is a disney run page.
    Good to have an official answer. I am not surprised. Once they started moving the rider swap passes to the app rather than the old paper pass they used to give, I figured this was only a matter of time. I know that they began enforcing this on popular rides like Flight of Passage, but not some of the others. It could also vary from CM to CM.
    I agree with you that they need to get the messaging strait across their platforms because this is big change for people who are used to maximizing the old system.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: