Quantcast What is your favorite way to end your vacation?
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What is your favorite way to end your vacation?

    I always like going to MK on our last day to ride PotC, HM, BTMRR and get a mickey bar. If my kids aren't with me, I'll make a dash into Epcot to get some schoolbread to take home to them.

    What do you guys do?
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southwestern NY (nowhere near NYC)
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We end every trip with one last viewing of Illuminations! Once it's over we wait in World Showcase until the crowds thin out and then leisurely walk/boat ride back to the Boardwalk (our resort of choice). We usually stop and pick up a sweet treat somewhere along the way. It's just so nice in World Showcase at night with no crowds and the music playing...lovely way to end a visit.

  4. Likes Jeff, dizneydeb22 liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My "home " resort is POFQ. The first and last thing I do is get beignets!!!!!!

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The last morning before we head back home is always in the MK. We hit all our favorites (BTMRR, Buzz, Pooh, Mine Train, Space, Splash, Speedway)
    Contemp '78
    Offsite '84 & '88
    GF 11/02
    Beach Club 11/04
    GF 7/05
    GC DL 7/1-7/4/07
    BWV 11/3-11/07
    SSR 5/15-20/09
    BLT 11/6-14/10
    BLT 5/9-13/11
    BLT 6/23-7/1/12
    BLT 8/17-25/13
    BLT 8/23-31/14
    BLT 6/20-28/15
    GC DL 6/21-25/16
    BLT 8/26-9/3/17
    BLT 8/25-9/2/18
    BLT 8/24-9/1/19
    BLT 8/16-8/24/20

  7. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent_vf View Post
    We end every trip with one last viewing of Illuminations! Once it's over we wait in World Showcase until the crowds thin out and then leisurely walk/boat ride back to the Boardwalk (our resort of choice). We usually stop and pick up a sweet treat somewhere along the way. It's just so nice in World Showcase at night with no crowds and the music playing...lovely way to end a visit.
    I would be crying if this is how I always ended my vacation and now they are getting rid of Illuminations.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleen3162 View Post
    My "home " resort is POFQ. The first and last thing I do is get beignets!!!!!!
    How does FQ compare to POR. I love POR but never wanted to stay at FQ with those giant masks in the dining room. I hear the masks are gone now.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andypooh View Post
    The last morning before we head back home is always in the MK. We hit all our favorites (BTMRR, Buzz, Pooh, Mine Train, Space, Splash, Speedway)
    My kind of day
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We like to end our vacation with our last evening at MK. We typically make sure to catch the firework show and stay till the park closes. We always end the trip with breakfast at Kona Cafe and a last spin on the monorail.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Cinderelley....I haven't been there since the changes in the food court. I was last there during the rehab of Sassagolla Float Works so I am excited to see the changes. I love POFQ because it is a small and intimate resort. I go often as a solo traveler and love the atmosphere. It is quiet and relaxing. My favorite thing about the resort is that it is a short boat ride to Disney Springs. That's where I usually spend my evenings. I can't wait coz I will be down the last week of September, beginning of October for the Epcot food and wine festival.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleen3162 View Post
    Cinderelley....I haven't been there since the changes in the food court. I was last there during the rehab of Sassagolla Float Works so I am excited to see the changes. I love POFQ because it is a small and intimate resort. I go often as a solo traveler and love the atmosphere. It is quiet and relaxing. My favorite thing about the resort is that it is a short boat ride to Disney Springs. That's where I usually spend my evenings. I can't wait coz I will be down the last week of September, beginning of October for the Epcot food and wine festival.
    Let me know what you think of the changes. I have been debating about booking there for a while.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    We like to end our vacation with our last evening at MK. We typically make sure to catch the firework show and stay till the park closes. We always end the trip with breakfast at Kona Cafe and a last spin on the monorail.
    Do you feel the pull to go back to MK the next morning after watching the fireworks the night before? I made the executive decision to watch the fireworks from the Poly Beach the night before our last day. Our last day will be at Epcot by popular vote, but I still wanted some MK magic.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    MK, all the way.
    End of the day, ,stop by the Emporium shop one last time. Then, stop by the front rail station, look down main street, and head out.

    We've also stolen someone's idea on here, and occasionally buy a couple of balloons, and hand them to first parents w/ 1 or 2 kids on their way in.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We generally hit MK for the morning and afternoon finishing with the parade and a few final rides. Stopping by the bakery to grab some Mickey treats to hold me for a few days. Then off to get a dole whip walking around Poly. Finishing with a last view of the Electrical Water Pagent and Fireworks while discussing how I could not possibly have any more shrimp or bread pudding at 'Ohana.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    MK, all the way.
    End of the day, ,stop by the Emporium shop one last time. Then, stop by the front rail station, look down main street, and head out.

    We've also stolen someone's idea on here, and occasionally buy a couple of balloons, and hand them to first parents w/ 1 or 2 kids on their way in.
    That is an awesome idea. I may have to try this. Although I have seen how my oldest acts when my DSIL gave him a Star Wars balloon. I may not limit it to kids.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  18. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My best "last day" was at the end of an OKW stay. We took the boat to Downtown Disney (at the time) and picked up some last minute souvenirs, had a nice lunch and rode the ferry boat back to OKW in time for our Tragical Express pickup. It was a nice way to ease out of the magic.
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Disney Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 -Paradise Pier DLR
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani

  19. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh Fan View Post
    r Tragical Express
    Lol
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  20. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    That is an awesome idea. I may have to try this. Although I have seen how my oldest acts when my DSIL gave him a Star Wars balloon. I may not limit it to kids.
    Well, if someone handed me a balloon I'd be like what....
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  21. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Silver Spring,MD
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Magic Kingdom on the last day. After the fireworks its time to go with the tears in the eyes as I walk down Main Street. Always saying goodbye to Walt for another enjoyable trip to WDW.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

  22. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Well, if someone handed me a balloon I'd be like what....
    I really need to get you to be like a kid again.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  23. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrowncatP View Post
    Magic Kingdom on the last day. After the fireworks its time to go with the tears in the eyes as I walk down Main Street. Always saying goodbye to Walt for another enjoyable trip to WDW.
    That last walk is so sad.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site