Quantcast Mardi Gras
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Mardi Gras

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Mardi Gras

    Does anyone live in New Orleans or has anyone gone to Mardi Gras? The family wants to go in 2021. I am not a huge fan of crowds, so I was hoping to find out which hotels have balconies which we can watch the parades from. I've tried looking info up online, but I can't figure out which road the parade is on or which hotels have balconies on that road.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  2. Likes texas211 liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  4. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Does anyone live in New Orleans or has anyone gone to Mardi Gras? The family wants to go in 2021. I am not a huge fan of crowds, so I was hoping to find out which hotels have balconies which we can watch the parades from. I've tried looking info up online, but I can't figure out which road the parade is on or which hotels have balconies on that road.
    I've been, but don't remember much Just call one of the hotels on Bourbon. Becareful, gets a little dicey.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I've been, but don't remember much Just call one of the hotels on Bourbon. Becareful, gets a little dicey.
    You don't remember much because of too much partying or old age? :P
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think I found a hotel. It is called the Royal St. Charles. A lot of my confusion stemmed from the fact that different parades take different routes. It took me a while to realize that.

    The Royal St. Charles looks like they have balcony rooms that go over St. Charles ave, which is where the major parades go. It is two blocks away from the French Quarter, which is where things aren't so "family friendly." I sent an email to them to verify the info. I am just waiting for an answer.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    You don't remember much because of too much partying or old age? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I think I found a hotel. It is called the Royal St. Charles. A lot of my confusion stemmed from the fact that different parades take different routes. It took me a while to realize that.

    The Royal St. Charles looks like they have balcony rooms that go over St. Charles ave, which is where the major parades go. It is two blocks away from the French Quarter, which is where things aren't so "family friendly." I sent an email to them to verify the info. I am just waiting for an answer.
    Both.... Party hard when in Orleans.
    So, why stay so far from FQ? Stay there, when in Rome, and have a good time. Great drinks to be had, even for a feather weight like you.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Walker, LA
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi, I am from New Orleans. I recommend staying at a hotel on St. Charles that is close to Canal.
    Thank you

  9. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdbianchini View Post
    Hi, I am from New Orleans. I recommend staying at a hotel on St. Charles that is close to Canal.
    Thank you for that info. I promise to be a good visitor while I am there.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Both.... Party hard when in Orleans.
    So, why stay so far from FQ? Stay there, when in Rome, and have a good time. Great drinks to be had, even for a feather weight like you.
    I don't need to see any flashers. I have seen enough of those at work. :P
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I don't need to see any flashers. I have seen enough of those at work. :P
    Um...where do you work? Enjoy your trip! There are many family friendly events and parades around town that can be enjoyed as well.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Um...where do you work?
    And sign us up!
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Um...where do you work? Enjoy your trip! There are many family friendly events and parades around town that can be enjoyed as well.
    I work in a jail. :P
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,900
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    And sign us up!
    Come on down. You'll enjoy the show.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site