Quantcast Looking for Comic Con tips...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Comic Con tips...

We're looking at going to a local one - not one of the huge ones! The big draw is the opportunity to meet David Tennant. We're all big Doctor Who fans! I'm looking at ticket options to get pictures and autographs and they are a bit pricey. I'm willing to pay for us to have a good experience, but it would help to know what to expect. If anyone can offer any insight or tips, that would be fabulous!
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    We're looking at going to a local one - not one of the huge ones! The big draw is the opportunity to meet David Tennant. We're all big Doctor Who fans! I'm looking at ticket options to get pictures and autographs and they are a bit pricey. I'm willing to pay for us to have a good experience, but it would help to know what to expect. If anyone can offer any insight or tips, that would be fabulous!
    I usually head to Hero Villain Fan fest when it comes to NJ... Is this comic con holding photo ops??? Do they have a table for him to sign autographs??? A lot of big stars who will attract a crowd, their lines are usually controlled... Usually they only allow those who bought a space in line before the event, or they do a numbering system, much like fast pass honestly... You get a time to come back... Some stars allow selfies at their tables, most of the bigger stars won't because they will be too busy...

Most times, the stars are pretty cool during the photo ops, but mostly you are rushed through... It is pretty much a hello, camera snaps pic, and off you go... Very little one on one time... And it isn't the star who is causing that.. It is demand and their management team...

Just watch the website, pay attention to times... if you are required to prepay for an autograph or photo op, do it quickly... They do limit the amount they sell, even though they usually sell a load...

COSPLAY!!! Def cosplay.... And have a good time!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

4. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info! There are special ticket packages for photo ops and autographs. I'm guessing that's the only way we'll get them? These are in addition to admission fees. I kind of suspected that it would be a quick hello and photo. The important thing will be to prep the girls for that so they're not disappointed.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Called and talked to someone working the con. She was awesome!! I told her how many of us there were and what we were looking for and she told me which tickets to buy. I spent less than I would have if I'd just chosen on my own. It's a breathtaking amount of money for one day, but the girls will be so thrilled to meet all three actors - me too! DH can never, ever know what this cost. He'll have an aneurysm.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have fun! We were in Baltimore a few years ago when one was going on and it was amusing to see all the costumes while walking near the Harbour.

My daughter just got back from PAX video games thingie in Boston and had a great time. The outfits were fun for that event also.. she stayed at an Aloft and that seemed to add a lot to the event for her. Lots of people to talk to hanging out at hotel in evenings.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

8. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely report back!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

The prices for these types of events can definitely add up, but it's worth it for the chance to meet a favorite celebrity. I'm kicking myself for not going to a Wizard World comic con that was in Philadelphia a few years back with a ton of the Marvel stars. At the time I couldn't justify the expense, but looking back, it was a bargain! Ah well. Enjoy!!!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

11. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We went last weekend! PirateLover, I totally get having passed on something like this in the past. I spent a breathtaking amount of money to get the VIP and photo op passes. Thank goodness I did, because the place was an organizational hot mess. It was the only way we got in to meet David Tennant and Freema Agyeman, (Billie Piper cancelled). Even with those passes, it was a whole lot of queueing for very little face time. But, we got our photo op and autographs and even had the opportunity for a little chatting during the autographs. Once upon a time we just could not have spent that kind of money. I'm not sure if I'd go to that particular con again. They way oversold those passes and were not equipped to handle the crowds. But, so glad we did it this time! They were both so lovely!!
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: