Quantcast Smoking, Ice and Strollers

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Smoking, Ice and Strollers

Just read online that effective May 1st, all parks will be “smoke –free” and will only have designated areas outside the park entrances. Also, no loose ice or dry ice is allowed inside the park, just ice packs can be used. They also announced a restriction on the size of strollers (no larger than 31” w x 52”l ) and specifically stated no “wagon” type strollers allowed.

BWV & HH

2. Thanks Figment! thanked for this post
    Likes Cass&KenziesMom liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That will cut my adult beverage consumption by a lot!! LOL Always want a cigarette after a drink (or two)...To have to leave the park to do so just makes it too much of a pain in the backside.

I am NOT saying that I am not for this change, but once again, a few who did/do not obey the rules on smoking areas make it bad for the rest of us who do.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the full announcement from Disney:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Walt Disney World and Disneyland make updates from time to time and are implementing some changes, including the removal of smoking areas within parks and the adjustment of park policies related to stroller size, stroller wagons and loose ice.

Here are a few tips to help ensure a smooth arrival during your next visit.

STROLLERS

Families with little ones know strollers are an important part of a vacation. It’s the napping zone, the storage place, and the spot for tired legs to rest while experiencing the magic.

Beginning May 1, we are adjusting our guidelines on stroller sizes, which will require them to be no larger than 31″ (79cm) wide and 52″ (132cm) long. The good news – many strollers on the market, including many double jogging strollers, fit within these size guidelines. Also, just a reminder that wagons are not permitted in our parks. Beginning May 1, stroller wagons will also no longer be permitted. These updates are designed to help guest flow and ease congestion, making the parks more enjoyable for everyone.

TIP: The smaller your stroller, the easier it is to navigate and maneuver the parks. “My number one go-to is renting a stroller from Disney,” explains Disney Parks Moms Panelist Tabitha. “At Walt Disney World Resort, you can rent a single or double stroller once you arrive, and they can be rented each day or you can choose a Length of Stay Rental.” While Walt Disney World already offers a double stroller rental, Disneyland Resort will soon offer one too!

SMOKING

Also beginning May 1, smoking areas will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex or Downtown Disney in California.

TIP: Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances of the areas listed above and at Disney Springs in Florida. For guests who have room or dining reservations, smoking areas are also available at Disney Resort hotels.

LOOSE ICE

Beginning today, if you plan to bring a cooler or cooler bag to store snacks and drinks for theme park or water park adventures, it’s important to know that loose or dry ice are no longer permitted in our parks.

TIP: We recommend you keep your items frosty with re-useable ice packs instead. “You can visit any Quick-Service location for complimentary cups of ice for your cooler (you can also request complimentary cups of ice water to stay hydrated!),” recommends Disney Parks Moms Panelist Linda.

For additional information about these updates, visit our FAQs at DisneyWorld.com/RulesFAQ and Disneyland.com/RulesFAQ. .
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

... and I though this thread was going to be about a new INTERCOT Musical Group ...

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by figment! View Post
    ... And i though this thread was going to be about a new intercot musical group ...

:d
    roflmfao!!!!!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

8. Likes Figment!, MNNHFLTX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    ... and I though this thread was going to be about a new INTERCOT Musical Group ...

Now that I read the title again, I can see that

BWV & HH

10. Likes Figment! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping that the changes with strollers and the ban on wagon type strollers (hopefully this includes the Cinderella ones) will help things. The bigger strollers are harder for people to see over and thus they run into more people. Plus stroller parking takes up so much space in the parks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    That will cut my adult beverage consumption by a lot!! LOL Always want a cigarette after a drink (or two)...To have to leave the park to do so just makes it too much of a pain in the backside.

I am NOT saying that I am not for this change, but once again, a few who did/do not obey the rules on smoking areas make it bad for the rest of us who do.
    I'd be interested in knowing if that applies to vaping as well. I know most folks lump them both together.
    Last edited by Imalismom; 03-29-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: took out one word that is not family friendly

Post Thanks / Like

It does include vaping

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrashOverride View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing if that applies to vaping as well. I know most folks lump them both together.
    Vaping is included with smoking in ALL cases. You cannot, currently, vape outside of Designated Smoking Areas, and when this policy goes into effect, you cannot vape inside the park(s) gates at all.

Exhaled vapors from vaping contain nicotine. and therefore falls into the same category as smoking.
    Last edited by Imalismom; 03-29-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: took out a line that referenced a modified post
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

SMH. That's gonna hurt their sales. That's a bit much to expect at a smaller park, like six flags. Let alone a park as big as Disney. Do they really think people are gonna waste a 1/2hr, each way, to puff a smoke. Or, god forbid, vape a hit off a far less harmful setup. I have no problems with keeping smoking out of lines, I get that. I can even see why they wouldn't want people smoking freely about the park, as it promotes a bad image and can affect other peoples experience. But outright banning it from the park is going to bury them. Looks like I'm going to universal

Post Thanks / Like

I am a non-smoker but I do empathize with how inconvenient this change must be for smokers who did stick to the designated areas. Unfortunately, those who ignored them are why we can't have nice things. That said, there's nothing worse than trying to find a short cut or less-crowded path in a park and stumbling into the smoking area on accident. I am, however, VERY happy this includes vaping and e-cigarettes! Yes people have the right to vape, and that's fine, but they don't have the right to vape in my face everywhere just because it's not a traditional cigarette.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Vaping is included with smoking in ALL cases. You cannot, currently, vape outside of Designated Smoking Areas, and when this policy goes into effect, you cannot vape inside the park(s) gates at all.

Exhaled vapors from vaping contain nicotine. and therefore falls into the same category as smoking.

And people who do not agree with you are NOT ignorant.
    Not all vape has nic, and it hasn't even been proven if vaping with nic, in an enclosed environment, is harmful. They just jump on the ignorant train...
    Last edited by Imalismom; 03-29-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

And for the record, nicotine is actually more commonly used than you think. Second hand smoke is filled with carcinogens. Vape, at best, has a little residual nic. But you keep putting it in the same category as smoking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I am a non-smoker but I do empathize with how inconvenient this change must be for smokers who did stick to the designated areas. Unfortunately, those who ignored them are why we can't have nice things. That said, there's nothing worse than trying to find a short cut or less-crowded path in a park and stumbling into the smoking area on accident. I am, however, VERY happy this includes vaping and e-cigarettes! Yes people have the right to vape, and that's fine, but they don't have the right to vape in my face everywhere just because it's not a traditional cigarette.
    I agree 1000%......while in lines. Just because vaping is safer, doesn't give you the right to cloud up someone else's personal space

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me, Nikki, I am not trying to 'stir the pot,' BUT (Yes, I'm stirring the pot! LOL) you could say the same thing about people who overindulge in adult beverages. They have the right to overindulge, but not in a place with numerous children or when it interferes with my (the 'royal' "my") enjoyment of the parks. So, in that respect, all alcohol should be banned from the parks.

I am a combination smoker/vaper, so I see your point about vaping/e-cigarettes and agree with you whole-heartedly. Too many vapers/e-gig users think they are "above the law" when it comes to smoking areas/regulations in public places. [See CrashOverride above!]
    Oh no worries, I agree with you! It seems like Disney can better enforce this than the intoxicated guests, and unfortunately I think it would be different if they sold cigarettes in the parks. But they don't, so as long as they make money on the over-indulging adult, this will continue to be an issue as well.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

21. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to take the OP OT. I guess the long and short of it is, it's Disney. So, anything they can do to promote a friendlier environment, they will do. And since vaping is still seen as the equivalent of smoking, by those who haven't been properly educated, it falls under the same guidelines

23. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But lemme ask you this, if vape was colored, do you still think it would be banned? I think not, as the connotation would shift to something more playful, rather than anything nic related. Its all about optics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I think it would be different if they sold cigarettes in the parks.
    In that Walt was a smoker, there are times I really wonder why they don't. LOL I actually do believe they are still sold in the resorts....I guess that's next....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

In that Walt was a smoker, there are times I really wonder why they don't. LOL I actually do believe they are still sold in the resorts....I guess that's next....
    He was a smoker and died of lung cancer. Probably not something they want to encourage.

And while I can see how this will be hard for people that do smoke I, for one, am glad that I'm not going to need to walk through clouds of smoke or 'vape'.

And my sister does smoking education. There have been no studies that say that vape is safe - it might not have the same issues as the tars from traditional cigarettes, however the things that are in them may be approved for consumption, that doesn't mean they're okay in your lungs. 'Popcorn lung' is a thing associated with vaping.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

27. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: