Quantcast What do you guys think?
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What do you guys think?

    Tell me what you think is good and what could be better. All plans are subject to change.

    Fri. 11/1 - Arrival Day
    Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern - DS1's request
    Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

    Sat. 11/2 - Rest day
    I want to keep it low key, so we can recuperate from our travel day/MNSSHP
    Maybe try the Magical Masterpiece if they are having it on this day
    Dinner at California Grill - we have never been here. Any suggestions?
    Walk around the Boardwalk
    We will probably spend some time at Jellyrolls

    Sun. 11/3 - DHS
    Breakfast at Olivia's - Can't wait for Banana Bread French Toast again
    If we can get into it, this will be our Star Wars day. All other plans will be built around Star Wars

    Mon. 11/4 - Epcot
    DDIL1 wants to explore the Food & Wine Festival. She didn't get enough on the last trip. We'll eat at Garden Grill and see what they have replaced Illuminations with

    Tues. 11/5 - Disney Springs Day
    I'm going to finally face my fear of heights and get into the Characters in Flight hot air balloon.
    We will do a round or two in The Void
    We have been discussing the car boats that you can ride around in the lake. Not sure if we will do it or not. Has anyone done this?
    Dinner at Paddlefish

    Wed. 11/6 - MK
    Breakfast at Crystal Palace
    I will finally get to see the Maleficent dragon float.
    I will probably get around to seeing Happily Ever After. It's so hard to say goodbye to Wishes

    Thurs. 11/7 - AK
    Dinner at Sanaa
    I imagine we will wind up in Pandora in the evening, since everyone likes the ambiance there.

    Fri. 11/8 - MVMCP (based on dates from previous years)
    Dinner at Artist Point to see Snow White and crew. Hopefully the food is good also.

    Sat 11/9 - Epcot/POR
    More Food & Wine Festival time
    Evening will be spent at Port Orleans Riverside. If we're hungry, we'll go to the build your own pasta station. Otherwise, we're here to see Yeeha Bob

    Sun. 11/10 - AK
    Dinner at Boma

    Mon. 11/11 - DHS
    More Star Wars in the morning?
    A little Toy Storyland in the evening?
    Star Wars dessert party. We will probably eat dessert and skip the Star Wars show. DS wasn't too impressed with it last trip.

    Tues. 11/12 - Epcot/Departure
    Finish off our trip with some more time at the Food & Wine Festival.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  4. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looks like an exciting trip you have planned. You will love Happily Ever After show. It makes me tear up every time. Think itís better than Wishes! Just s suggestion, if you are going to California Grill for dinner you should walk around Polynesian after instead of Boardwalk. Itís beautiful at night with the tiki torches, you can visit Trader Sams there for a drink on their awesome outdoor patio, you can see MK firework from the beach, and itís only a monorail ride away from California Grill. It makes for a beautiful evening!

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just a couple thoughts - things you might already know!

    First, remember that weekend of 11/1-3 are F&W race days. Not that the races will interfere with your plans, but crowds could be up a bit....

    Second, if your plans are to get FP+ for Star Wars (if they even offer them this year), it might be tough to get any on just the third day of your visit - you might need to go deeper into your reservation to get some (although with the length of time you're there, you can definitely get some - again, if they have them for Star Wars at that time).

    Third, based on dates from previous years, it is possible F&W will actually be over by 11/12. But since you might have already enjoyed it a few times by then, that might not be a big deal!!

    I think your dining plans are awesome! We love the restaurants at AKL, especially. Sounds like a great trip! ENJOY!

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Looks like an exciting trip you have planned. You will love Happily Ever After show. It makes me tear up every time. Think it’s better than Wishes! Just s suggestion, if you are going to California Grill for dinner you should walk around Polynesian after instead of Boardwalk. It’s beautiful at night with the tiki torches, you can visit Trader Sams there for a drink on their awesome outdoor patio, you can see MK firework from the beach, and it’s only a monorail ride away from California Grill. It makes for a beautiful evening!
    thank you for that suggestion. That sounds a bit more relaxing than the Boardwalk. I'll talk it over with everyone.

    Do you think it would be better to watch the fireworks from California Grill or from the Poly beach?
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Just a couple thoughts - things you might already know!

    First, remember that weekend of 11/1-3 are F&W race days. Not that the races will interfere with your plans, but crowds could be up a bit....

    Second, if your plans are to get FP+ for Star Wars (if they even offer them this year), it might be tough to get any on just the third day of your visit - you might need to go deeper into your reservation to get some (although with the length of time you're there, you can definitely get some - again, if they have them for Star Wars at that time).

    Third, based on dates from previous years, it is possible F&W will actually be over by 11/12. But since you might have already enjoyed it a few times by then, that might not be a big deal!!

    I think your dining plans are awesome! We love the restaurants at AKL, especially. Sounds like a great trip! ENJOY!
    Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize there was a race then. I'll make sure to buy our MNSSHP tickets early.

    I like ending my trip at MK, so if F&W is over, I won't be too sad. DDIL1 might be though.

    I'm hoping for the best for Star Wars. I can adjust the plans as needed to try to get in there for DS1.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    2,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds like a great trip!!! That breakfast at Olivia's brings back memories...LOL

    Where are you staying? Might make it easier (by a smidgen) to get into Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge on an EMH morning, or later on an EMH evening.
    -Bud

    Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18 - PC
    5/15 - POR

    Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

    Next up: ????

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Sounds like a great trip!!! That breakfast at Olivia's brings back memories...LOL

    Where are you staying? Might make it easier (by a smidgen) to get into Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge on an EMH morning, or later on an EMH evening.
    That is still up for debate. It is narrowed down to
    AKL 1 bed villa (I have stayed at AKL, but they haven't)
    OKW 1 bed villa (My first choice, but it only has 1 bathroom)
    BWV 1 bed villa (this one is out if DDIL's mom comes)
    SSR 1 bed villa (this one is out if DDIL's mom comes)
    POR-FQ 2 rooms (I haven't stayed here yet)
    All Stars Music or Movies 2 rooms (I haven't stayed at these either)

    I will think of you when I eat the French toast. I still blame DizneyFreak for my French toast addiction though. :P
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow...sounds like an excellent trip. As it was mentioned, based on the last few years, F&W will likely end on the Saturday/Sunday prior to Veterns Day.

    We had a very enjoyable meal at Cali Grill last year followed by the fireworks on the viewing deck but it was so windy, it was almost distracting. The view was amazing but the wind was a bit much. Since we stayed at Poly, we saw fireworks several times from there as well. It is just a totally different view. One is closer but from the side and is further but straight on. One is crowded and the other is much more serene. We had a variety of entrees at our table but by far the favorite was the bison (wish I had ordered it) as it melted in your melt, it was that tender and not gamey at all. The beef tenderloin and pork dishes were also very good. The variety of flatbreads our table tried got mixed reviews and no one really enjoyed the fig flatbread that is currently off the menu.

    This is the first trip/time we had seen HEA vs. Wishes and while we enjoyed HEA, it is not Wishes and I enjoyed the Once Upon a Time show more (follows HEA on most nights) as it reminded me more of Wishes. There are A LOT of projections making it necessary to view the show from the Hub to actually truly "see" the show in its entirety. I believe you will enjoy HEA, but not sure if it will rank up there with Wishes for you. IMHO, I love the "tugs at your heart" shows and Wishes did that for me.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Since I haven't seen Happily Ever After before, do you guys think I should see it up close in the park before we eat at California Grill (regardless of whether we watch it from the restaurant or the beach)?
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I do not believe it matters which you do first. I actually saw it from outside the park first. From outside you are obviously focusing on the music and the fireworks and inside the park the focus inevitably for us was the projections. As a matter of fact I am glad we did the outside first as I love fireworks so doing that I could concentrate on the fireworks. Then when I was inside the park I could focus on the projections. Had I done the park first, I believe I would have been torn bw the projections and the fireworks.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  14. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  15. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    I do not believe it matters which you do first. I actually saw it from outside the park first. From outside you are obviously focusing on the music and the fireworks and inside the park the focus inevitably for us was the projections. As a matter of fact I am glad we did the outside first as I love fireworks so doing that I could concentrate on the fireworks. Then when I was inside the park I could focus on the projections. Had I done the park first, I believe I would have been torn bw the projections and the fireworks.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thank you
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    40,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For California Grill, I'd suggest you try the goat cheese ravioli appetizer - very yummy!!

    For me, California Grill is not the best place to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Unless you have a window table overlooking the Magic Kingdom at fireworks time, you will likely need to go outside on one of the rooftop wings. As a shorter person, I find there are so many people there that getting a good view can be difficult (Remember - anyone who dined there that evening can return at fireworks time to see them). I'd probably opt for watching them from the Poly beach.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    faline@intercot.com

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    For California Grill, I'd suggest you try the goat cheese ravioli appetizer - very yummy!!

    For me, California Grill is not the best place to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Unless you have a window table overlooking the Magic Kingdom at fireworks time, you will likely need to go outside on one of the rooftop wings. As a shorter person, I find there are so many people there that getting a good view can be difficult (Remember - anyone who dined there that evening can return at fireworks time to see them). I'd probably opt for watching them from the Poly beach.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass it on to the foodies. I'm sure they will be so excited to try it.
    And thanks for the heads up. We short people have to watch out for each other. I didn't know that anyone could return to see the fireworks.
    A moonlit stroll on the Poly beach does sound very romantic. I'll have to go find something to do while DS & DDIL spend some time out there before the fireworks.
    We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together

    Not
    We believed in our idea - a place to line the pockets of CEOs and shareholders

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site