Quantcast Walk Around the World To Be Removed, Commemorative Bricks Introduced

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Walk Around the World To Be Removed, Commemorative Bricks Introduced

The Walt Disney World resort publicly announced today that the 'Walk Around the World' will be removed with Commemorative Bricks available to purchase:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

As work continues to transform the arrival experience, the bricks from “Disney’s Walk Around the World” near Magic Kingdom Park and the Transportation and Ticket Center will begin to be retired in the coming months. These bricks were sold with the commitment that they would be displayed until 2011.

Since the bricks were not designed to be removed individually, they will not be available to take home. Instead, guests who sponsored a brick may purchase a commemorative version between now and Aug. 31, 2019, or while supplies last.

Name:  quyi7849-624x352.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  22.9 KB

If you sponsored a brick and would like to get a souvenir version, here’s what to do:

If visiting in person:

• Stop by City Hall at Magic Kingdom Park or Guest Relations at Disney Springs to verify your previous brick by sharing the name and hometown of the Guest who sponsored it.
    • After verification, you will be given a one-time use voucher to present by, or before Aug. 31, 2019, at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. (at Magic Kingdom Park – separate theme park admission required) or the Marketplace Co-Op (at Disney Springs), enabling you to purchase one commemorative 6” brick at a special price of $10 (plus tax).

If needing to contact us virtually:

• Email [email protected] or call 407-828-2701 with the name and hometown of the guest who sponsored the brick.
    • After verification, you will be provided a code to use by, or before Aug. 31, 2019, on shopDisney.com to purchase one commemorative 6” brick at a special price of $10 (plus tax and shipping) starting this spring. Please note, this code is for one-time use and will only be valid on shopDisney.com and may not be redeemed in person or at any other location. (Limit one voucher or code per verified guest.)

For Guests who did not participate in the original “Disney’s Walk Around the World” program but would like to purchase a personalized brick, souvenir bricks are available to customize and purchase starting at $29.99 (plus tax and optional shipping). These are on sale now at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. at Magic Kingdom Park (separate theme park admission required to enter) or the Marketplace Co-Op (at Disney Springs), or later on shopDisney.com starting this spring.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So they're going to throw away the real bricks and sell you a copy?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

PT Barnum comes to mind.

6. Likes Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    So they're going to throw away the real bricks and sell you a copy?
    They pre-paid for the opportunity to pay again.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

8. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    They pre-paid for the opportunity to pay again.
    But, you got more than 7 years more than what you originally paid for. That, to me, sounds like a great deal when it comes to anything Disney Parks related!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Could you imagine them trying to save, sort and send those thousands of bricks? It wasn't a bad run for 20 years!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Since I don't have any plans to get to WDW before 8/31, I figure my best bet is when I do go (in mid-September), hope it's still there and if so, take a rubbing of it. At least that would be free!
    Ours has lasted 25 years. At the time we bought it, I thought it was guaranteed for only 10 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Could you imagine them trying to save, sort and send those thousands of bricks?
    "Somehow I can't believe that there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man that knows the secrets of making dreams come true." - Walt Disney
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

13. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    "Somehow I can't believe that there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man that knows the secrets of making dreams come true." - Walt Disney
    I think they should let the people have their bricks.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

So they want to bull-doze the original bricks, but still make more money selling copies. Okay. Hope they don't do that to our brick in the "Walk of Magical Memories" at Disneyland in California anytime soon!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I think they should let the people have their bricks.
    I wonder how many people will try to take matters into their own hands? I don't see why Disney couldn't provide a half dozen or so people to help extract the bricks once verified and then safely replace them with a cheap alternative until total demo. Heck, I'd even pay $25-$30 for the cost of a replacement brick.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke
    I wonder how many people will try to take matters into their own hands?

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

18. Likes magicofdisney, baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: