Quantcast Galaxy's edge

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Galaxy's edge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Galaxy's edge

I heard there will be a waiting list to even get into the land? How do you even sign up for that, if its true. I dont see anything any where proving this.
    șoș șoș

Polynesian-Dec 1984
    Grosvenor-Dec 1988
    Polynesian-Jan 2002
    Polynesian-Dec 2003
    Pop century-Jan 2005
    All Star Sports- Jan 2008
    All Star Movies Dec 2014
    Fort Wilderness Cabins Nov 2017
    All Star Music-Oct 2018
    Fort Wilderness-Jan 2022
    Pop Century-Nov 2023

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears that was announced for the Disneyland location only.

From Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Set to Open May 31 and August 29

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney Co.
    Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park between May 31 and June 23, 2019, will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com . Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

4. Thanks Disney-Nut thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if they did something similar at WDW, it looks to be a 3-week window and only reservations for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge area. The rest of the park would be open, as normal, to everyone.

I don't see a problem with this. "Reservations" are 'free' and would keep congestion for the area to a minimum.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

6. Thanks Disney-Nut thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been hearing rumors and rumblings that DHS Galaxy's Edge will be limited to only WDW hotel guests... But nothing confirming this to be true....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

8. Thanks Disney-Nut thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Been hearing rumors and rumblings that DHS Galaxy's Edge will be limited to only WDW hotel guests... But nothing confirming this to be true....
    ...And the "good neighbor" hotels? Would be reason for adding more to the list...
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Guest Services CM's are just going to love this, it's not going to be a very happy place.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    ...And the "good neighbor" hotels? Would be reason for adding more to the list...
    I honestly do not know... Only heard rumor about on site guests... May not be the case... I could see it though, cause it will keep crowds down somewhat since locals won't be flooding the line... Unless they book a room...

Another decision by the pencil pushing bean counters... LOL... Sell it as a way to control crowds while making even more money on the opening of the land...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I'm sure Guest Services CM's are just going to love this, it's not going to be a very happy place.
    Oh yea they will love it... I sense a lot of fast passes and free food vouchers being handed out that day... Oh and gift cards too....

Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt it. Only heard of DL doing that so far (if WDW was to, I would be shocked)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I highly doubt it. Only heard of DL doing that so far (if WDW was to, I would be shocked)
    Right... That was in the press release... So we already know Disneyland guests must reserve their time for Galaxy's Edge... The rumors I have been hearing were for WDW... Which hasn't released that information.... Yet....

And really, no need to... WDW can go ahead and do the same thing at a later date since it isn't opening til August... If WDW does it, I would think we'd hear about it in April, maybe May with reservations beginning in June for the August opening...

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is a wait and see how it goes in DL before determining final way to handle the crowd surge at WDW. I feel we will be in the dark til after the DL opening likely early June.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i have no inside information but I would imagine that they wouldnt limit it to resort guests only. i know so many people already who have plans off site. Now it wouldn't surprise me if they had magic hours every day before and after for resort guests.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Was just browsing a resort package for our late September trip and the following "Important Update" popped up on the top of the travel site:

"Capacity for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will not be available at opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and will open later this year."

Anyone have any idea what this means?
    3/89 WDW
    3/02 Day trip MK
    10/02 Honeymoon WL
    3/03 Day trip DLR
    10/03 1st Ann. ASMovies
    11/04-12/04 SSR
    9/05 Grand Calif
    7/06 WDW
    1/08 A Friend's Bachelor Party DLR
    8/09 DLR w/ newborn
    10/10 Princess' 1st trip to WDW
    6/14 Littlest Princess' 1st visit to WDW
    3/16 DLR
    9/19 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
    Was just browsing a resort package for our late September trip and the following "Important Update" popped up on the top of the travel site:

"Capacity for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will not be available at opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and will open later this year."

Anyone have any idea what this means?
    Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is opening in two phases. First phase will be open at the end of August. Rise of the Resistance will be opening during Phase 2, which does not have an official opening date as of yet.

The expectation is that crowds for Galaxy's Edge will be so large that they may (probably) will limit the number of people allowed in the area at any one time. It is possible that you may need 'reservations' just to get into the area, as they are planning for the Disneyland version of this 'land'...
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like WDW is getting a little more firm in their wording. Just now I saw this on the WDW website:

"Know Before You Go

Capacity for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors. Park tickets, Annual Passes, vacation packages and Walt Disney World Resort Hotel stays do not guarantee access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be included during Extra Magic Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And from September 1 to November 2, 2019, the Extra Magic Hours benefit is being offered every morning at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Guests of Disney Resort hotels and other select hotels.

Disney FastPass+ service is unavailable for the attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will not be available at the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and will open later this year."

I have to say, I find their lack of faith...disturbing.
    3/89 WDW
    3/02 Day trip MK
    10/02 Honeymoon WL
    3/03 Day trip DLR
    10/03 1st Ann. ASMovies
    11/04-12/04 SSR
    9/05 Grand Calif
    7/06 WDW
    1/08 A Friend's Bachelor Party DLR
    8/09 DLR w/ newborn
    10/10 Princess' 1st trip to WDW
    6/14 Littlest Princess' 1st visit to WDW
    3/16 DLR
    9/19 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I wish they would just announce how they plan to handle it.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

With Pandora they actually kept people outside the area until people inside left (similar to what happened with HP at Universal). I would not be shocked if the same thing happens for Galaxy's Edge
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: