Quantcast Disney for wimps. trying to think of all the things my sister can do next year

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney for wimps. trying to think of all the things my sister can do next year

ever since my sister and I went on Space Mountain in the 70s she wont go on coasters, fast rides etc. she hasnt been to WDW in yrs and yrs..i have. she says her speed is small world and sitting by the pools. next year possible going w sister and nephew. I think most of her kind of attractions would be at MK and AK, but wonder w ticket prices if its worth it for her. shows and parades, trails at AK. MK has Philharmagic, POC, HM, country bears. Hall of Presidents. anyone else go and avoid all of the faster rides but still enjoy it.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Once I hit my mid 40’s I could no longer handle fast or spinning rides of any kind; but I have been to WDW dozens of times since and I still love it. Actually, not worrying about doing any of the big thrill rides frees up so much time to enjoy all thatvWDW has to offer; shows, parades, smaller rides, street performers, food, theming.

The one faster ride I can handle is Test Track, no spins, tight turns or loops!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from a great week at Walt Disney World and like your sister we don't ride coasters, simulators or fast rides. The list of what we did ride was Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, TTA and Arial ride in MK: Spaceship Earth, Frozen, Figment and Nemo in Epcot: Navi River and Kilimanjaro Safari in AK: no rides in HS as we were only there for dinner. Got to see some shows and parades that we have not taken the time to see in the last few visits. Our days were filled with so much fun. Another treat for her would be to do a resort hop day. Using only Disney transportation you can visit the AK Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary and the Boardwalk area resorts. It is fun to go in and look at the lobby's to see the detail put into each one of them. Sit back and have a drink and relax until you want to visit the next one. It does take some time to do this but as I said it is a lot of fun. There is more there to do than you think for non riders.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

she wont do Test Track cause said it goes fast.....i suggested resort hopping, but idt she understood why. i like to do that and monorail crawl etc but she doesnt drink. prob will still resort hop though. i wont do froxen cause it replaced Maelstrom...maybe someday i will. I thought she might like Flower and Garden fest also. she likes animals so AK will prob b good, trails and safari.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

We have done the monorail crawl and I loved it and I do not drink. So much fun to see the different resorts!

Post Thanks / Like

The Living with the Land ride in Epcot is one of my favorites. If she enjoys things like that she might also be interested in the Behind the Seeds tour which is quite good and pretty reasonably priced (about $25 if I'm remembering correctly).
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a total ride wimp, and there is tons for me to do at Disney! I feel like I do "everything", but the list of what I won't do is almost as long as what I will do.

MK is great for "family" rides, and the shows in DHS and Epcot are awesome. Please don't worry that there isn't enough to do, there is tons!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget
    1. A day of shopping at Disney springs
    2. A spa afternoon (or just a massage)
    3. A character meal
    4. Wandering around AKL to see the animals
    5. A day at Epcot just visiting each country in World Showcase (can be shopping also if she likes shopping)
    6. Movies under the stars at some resorts or the Chip and Dale movie at Fort Wilderness
    7. Pool time if she likes to swim
    8. Horseback riding
    9. Golf
    10. Fishing
    11. The Boardwalk
    12. Hoop Dee Doo

Rides at MK
    Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Aladdin's Carpets, Treehouse, Country Bears, Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion, Monsters Inc, TTA, the cars you drive that I can't think of the name of, Buzz Lightyear, see Stitch, Small World, Carousel, Teacups, Peter Pan, Pooh, Little mermaid ride and there's another ride in there that I can't picture.

Rides at Epcot
    The Nemo ride in Living with the Seas, Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Character Spot and the Frozen Ride

Rides at DHS
    Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Midway Mania, Muppets, One Man's Dream, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones. I can't ride ToT or RnR, but I like to go into their shops and look around. They have Fantasmic at night or the Star Wars show.

Rides at AK
    Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, It's Tough to be a Bug, Festival of the Lion King, Navi River and of course walking the trails and such to see the animals and scenery

I can't ride the major rides any more, and I don't enjoy the shows (other than Lion King) or parades. I find that it has forced me to stop and enjoy so much other stuff that Disney has to offer.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive thought about behind the seeds tour on previous trips because ive done a few other tours and liked them. im sure I can keep her busy w things. she can go into the shops etc and meet up later if we go on a ride. thanks for all of the inputs. ill let you know what happens
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't say how old your nephew is, but he may like the Pirate's League if he is young enough.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone! I have dropped into Intercot after a long absence! I miss it.

This post caught my eye. I'm a thrill ride junkie pushing a "certain age" and also am finding that I suffer just a little more every year for riding those. I remember being at both DL and WDW in the year that I was pregnant and couldn't go on the big stuff. I still had a great time - more relaxing actually, as the trips were slow-moving and totally chill. I loved it. If your sister loves the atmosphere of the Parks, she will have a great time. Disney Parks have always more about the tamer rides than huge thrills anyway.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

nephew is 24. i took him to wdw before and took my other nephew once. im 57..sis is 3 yrs older so i harass her. Im sure there will be enough for her to do since its been so long. nephew likes all types of rides but im sure would prefer going on w someone. theres a lot i keep saying im going to do also and dont get to it.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

At Epcot in addition to what has been said we also like the boat ride in Mexico and the movies in Canada, France, and China plus the American Adventure. At MK I would add the riverboat and Mickey’s Philharmagic to the list of what everyone has suggested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
    At Epcot in addition to what has been said we also like the boat ride in Mexico and the movies in Canada, France, and China plus the American Adventure. At MK I would add the riverboat and Mickey’s Philharmagic to the list of what everyone has suggested.
    yes I agree. there is a lot to do. since i have been there so often, some of my enjoyment is being able to show those that havent been there as much around, shortcuts etc and watching them enjoy. and there are still a lot of things i havent done, some tours, some restaurants, shows.
    thanks for all of the input
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

I’m just like your sister, no fast or crazy rides for me and I love Disney! MK she will enjoy Little Mermaid, Snall World, Pooh bear, Peter Pan, Philharmagic, Country Bears, Ferryboat ride, train ride around MK, Carousel of Progress, Peoplemover, Monsters Laugh Floor, even Buzz Lightyear since you can control any spinning yourself and it goes pretty slow. Plus all the shows and parade she will have a blast. Epcot, I would stick to Figment, Land ride, I don’t do Soaring because not s fan of heights, Mexico boat ride, and just visiting the countries is a lot of fun. Plus they have the Mouse Gear gift shop, definitely a must when there. I find Disney Studios not as fun for someone afraid of thrill rides so I would skip that park for your sister unless she just wants to go see a few shows etc. Have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    I’m just like your sister, no fast or crazy rides for me and I love Disney! MK she will enjoy Little Mermaid, Snall World, Pooh bear, Peter Pan, Philharmagic, Country Bears, Ferryboat ride, train ride around MK, Carousel of Progress, Peoplemover, Monsters Laugh Floor, even Buzz Lightyear since you can control any spinning yourself and it goes pretty slow. Plus all the shows and parade she will have a blast. Epcot, I would stick to Figment, Land ride, I don’t do Soaring because not s fan of heights, Mexico boat ride, and just visiting the countries is a lot of fun. Plus they have the Mouse Gear gift shop, definitely a must when there. I find Disney Studios not as fun for someone afraid of thrill rides so I would skip that park for your sister unless she just wants to go see a few shows etc. Have fun!!
    i think most of her time will be MK and AK (which she has never seen) trying to tell her that Soarin isnt bad.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm with your sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    i think most of her time will be MK and AK (which she has never seen) trying to tell her that Soarin isnt bad.
    The problem I'm thinking is that there needs to be new rides that are more family friendly... i.e. Anyone can ride. Out of all the new things proposed or under construction I can only see 2 that she might ride. Mickey's Runaway Railway and Ratatouille. The rest seem to be either coasters or simulators.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ride the boats between the parks/resorts, maybe a few buses if slightly daring.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite